Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

From EU: one Guinea will be around $1, Cossack around $40

29 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles

On Reddit, several posters are reporting that they are getting special offers of "10 guineas for .99 euros" so that may be a thing for NA as well. Not sure if they are personal offers or not though. It may be worth it to wait and see before jumping in and buying them singly.

Members
706 posts

the EU site includes +20% VAT in the price.

so if its €1 (with VAT) it would be ~€0.83 without VAT

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
664 posts
12,318 battles

ity must be mistake and i think wg will fix it soon. because it ll cost cosacs for 4 euro. And it is not WG style:D

[DPG]
Members
895 posts
4,430 battles
18 minutes ago, Gandariel said:

ity must be mistake and i think wg will fix it soon. because it ll cost cosacs for 4 euro. And it is not WG style:D

It's because the real money maker of this Royal Navy arc is the premium containers.

Members
95 posts
128 battles
1 minute ago, ClassicLib said:

Yes.  We get 10 for .99

Yes, just found out and bought 10 for $0.99 :)

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles

Not a bad deal methinks. Added to the 48 Guineas we get for playing. Not bad. I'll take it if it comes to NA.

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
315 posts
9,428 battles

0.99 cents confirmed.....

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,887 battles
1 hour ago, Gandariel said:

It's a personal offer and you can only buy one.

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
398 posts
5,675 battles

So buying 10 Guineas in that bundle is cheaper than buying two separately. Worth it if you want to buy that Cossack using Guineas.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,887 battles
8 minutes ago, Noble_Taipan said:

So buying 10 Guineas in that bundle is cheaper than buying two separately. Worth it if you want to buy that Cossack using Guineas.

It even allows you to skip 2 weeks of grind if you didn't have enough time.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
2,463 posts
2,253 battles

I know you can get other stuff in the arsenal with sovereigns, but can you get anything other than the Cossack with Guineas? 

Edited by Slimeball91

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
398 posts
5,675 battles
4 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I know you can get other stuff in the arsenal with sovereigns, but can you get anything other than the Cossack with Guineas? 

no

[RST]
Members
332 posts
6,868 battles

Took the offer for 10 Guineas for $0.99.  Not sure if everyone gets that offer, but this ensures if I miss some weeks I'll be fine, and since 10 are priced the same as 1 and we already know we will need to purchase 2 in order to obtain Cossack via the arsenal I jumped on it as it saves a whole dollar (I'd buy that for a dollar!). 

Is everyone getting this offer, or is it a special personal offer?

[PRDEF]
Members
79 posts
3,558 battles
4 minutes ago, groomsiebelle said:

Took the offer for 10 Guineas for $0.99.  Not sure if everyone gets that offer, but this ensures if I miss some weeks I'll be fine, and since 10 are priced the same as 1 and we already know we will need to purchase 2 in order to obtain Cossack via the arsenal I jumped on it as it saves a whole dollar (I'd buy that for a dollar!). 

Is everyone getting this offer, or is it a special personal offer?

I had the same offer (and bought it) so it looks like it's for all players right now.  No indication of how long it would be available so I went ahead and spent the dollar. 

[SBS]
Members
2,463 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, rufus374 said:

I had the same offer (and bought it) so it looks like it's for all players right now.  No indication of how long it would be available so I went ahead and spent the dollar. 

I'm tempted but I have to seriously question why.  I know I'm not going to grind out all that many Guineas, and I know I'm not going to want to buy a bunch just to get the Cossack.  This seems like WG's attempt to sucker people like me into spending money now, and more later, so the .99 cents I spend doesn't go to waste.  I'm on to you WG...

[RST]
Members
332 posts
6,868 battles
10 minutes ago, rufus374 said:

That was my concern...for $1 I did not spend much time thinking on it, I'll end up buying Guineas anyway, this is cheaper (heck, cheaper than a fast-food soda or a bottle of water). 

Members
149 posts
5,026 battles

What is this? I looked on the site (I'm Canadian) and it says 1 Guinea for $1.26.

Sounds like someone input something wrong and just fixed it.

[PRDEF]
Members
79 posts
3,558 battles
2 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I'm tempted but I have to seriously question why.  I know I'm not going to grind out all that many Guineas, and I know I'm not going to want to buy a bunch just to get the Cossack.  This seems like WG's attempt to sucker people like me into spending money now, and more later, so the .99 cents I spend doesn't go to waste.  I'm on to you WG...

Fair point.  I expect that I'll be able to grind most, if not all, of the 48 Guineas in game (unless WG decides some need to be Tier X only) during the course of my normal gameplay.  Hence my decision to make the purchase. 

Also, not a bad deal for those players who want the ship but know that they will not be able to earn all the Guineas due to real world commitments.

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles
2 minutes ago, GambitHG said:

What is this? I looked on the site (I'm Canadian) and it says 1 Guinea for $1.26.

Sounds like someone input something wrong and just fixed it.

I had to log into the website to see the special offer Gambit. When I was looking at work, the offer didn't show but when I got home and logged in, there it was. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[MIA-A]
Members
2,099 posts
6,733 battles
33 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Same.

If you buy these, you really will want to get the 50 and will be likely to buy them at the end if the event if you don't have enough.

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles
49 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

15 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Same.

If you buy these, you really will want to get the 50 and will be likely to buy them at the end if the event if you don't have enough.

I actually hadn't thought of it that way, your thinking does make sense. I would offer you this, the missions seem quite easy, I mean super easy and totally completable using co-op or OPs. You would have to not play a pretty decent stretch, not to complete them by sheer accident. I think a one dollar insurance policy is a dollar well spent. Even if you don't like the ship, you get a port slot as well.... 

I would never urge a player to spend money on the game, but in this case it seems a quite reasonable thing to do for the player's benefit. Love the Cossack or not, she is a tier 8 premium ship plus port slot all for one dollar US or 967,358 Canadian. 

Sign in to follow this