SaltTrooper

Acasta Premium no free camouflage

29 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
5,694 posts
18,273 battles

I don't think any of the prior missions for tech tree ships had the premium camo provided. There may be some event later on where they offer it but normally you have to buy it yourself.

Alpha Tester
1,969 posts

Acasta is a tech tree ship, not a premium ship. Most of the tech tree ships at tier 5 do not have premium camo, and I doubt Acasta will ever get one.

[PVE]
Members
5,694 posts
18,273 battles
14 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Acasta is a tech tree ship, not a premium ship. Most of the tech tree ships at tier 5 do not have premium camo, and I doubt Acasta will ever get one.

Ahh sorry didn't realize she was a tier 5. Yeah most tier 5s don't even have a permanent camo available to use.

Alpha Tester
1,969 posts
35 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Ahh sorry didn't realize she was a tier 5. Yeah most tier 5s don't even have a permanent camo available to use.

Not sure if Icarus, Jervis and Lightning will have perma camo before the RN DD line is introduced though.

[PVE]
Members
5,694 posts
18,273 battles
55 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Not sure if Icarus, Jervis and Lightning will have perma camo before the RN DD line is introduced though.

If the last tech tree giveaway is any clue, then no they won't come with camo. I got the Lyon thru missions and had to buy the camo for it. Same thing with Normandie, bought camo for it because I was a moron and forgot about the camo design contest for it. I think that was the exception though, probably not happening again.

[INRI]
Members
25 posts
2,643 battles

Ok, I have to ask. What is a tech tree ship and how is that different from a premium ship?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,546 posts
7,577 battles
38 minutes ago, bkhorn said:

Ok, I have to ask. What is a tech tree ship and how is that different from a premium ship?

Tech Tree ships are earned by XP and follow the tier progression of ships of a single nation.

This is the US tech tree.  All of this ships can be unlocked and purchased just by playing the game.

ustechtree.thumb.png.42db453d9c2da416eff8ddef32a6efda.png

Premium ships can be unlocked with doubloons, or by purchese w/ real money in the Premium shop.

Premium ships have perks such as increased XP, and the ability to train commanders for no charge.

Here are the US Premiums..

5ba50692717db_USpremium.thumb.png.72624d3e74dccabbd537e2a052830426.png

Some premiums are "Reward" ships, that can only be obtained by completing certain missions, or events.

• Cool 1

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
171 posts
3,671 battles

Can we derail for a second and talk about the Salem Witch?...... Can i get? How i get? Whats the deal with it?

[LOU1]
Members
3,087 posts
8,164 battles
1 hour ago, GENAlphawolf said:

Can we derail for a second and talk about the Salem Witch?...... Can i get? How i get? Whats the deal with it?

You can purchase the Salem with 240k coal in the Arsenal; using the 25% ship coupon it is 180k  It was originally a (clan battles?) reward ship.  (I just bought one a couple of days ago).

Edited by ExploratorOne

[ONE]
Members
261 posts
9,010 battles
15 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

You can purchase the Salem with 240k coal in the Arsenal; using the 25% ship coupon it is 180k  It was originally a (clan battles?) reward ship.  (I just bought one a couple of days ago).

Do you recommend the Salem over the Japanese BB in Arsenal?

[LOU1]
Members
3,087 posts
8,164 battles
6 hours ago, 6thGuards said:

i would hesitate to say, but I was saving for the Musashi originally.  When my coal started shooting up, I realized the Salem was within reach and decided to get that first - somewhat to get the free T10 SC.  Along with that, I had 830k Free XP at that time and could get the Musashi with Free XP.  I finished the Worchester and Donskoi with Free XP, but will easily make that up in a few days with Operation Dynamo.

So, my real answer is that I am going to get both.  With Salem only available with coal, I used coal for it and will use Free XP for Musashi.  As a Cruiser/DD main, Musashi won;t get out much and will be keeping Mo company in port.  I like playing the Yamato on the PTS, but have no wish to keep grinding up to her on the Tech Tree, so Musashi is my only option.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,694 posts
18,273 battles
8 hours ago, 6thGuards said:

It really depends on whether you are doing the USN heavy cruiser line or the IJN battleship line. Both are good ships although LWM thinks the Salem is a "meh" version of Des Moines. Personally I love Salem, she is a solid credit printer that is cheap to play even in co-op. Musashi makes pretty good credits as well and is a solid ship for her tier. I will say that Salem REQUIRES a heavy cruiser captain. When I first had her used my 19 point Cleveland (light cruiser) captain in her. She did ok but once I got a captain spec'd for the class, she really performs well. I imagine a USN BB captain would work, my only hesitation with that is they usually don't have "last stand" and that is a skill that I believe is a must in any destroyer or cruiser. Sitting still means death... 

The Salem Witch is an "monster ship" for a event and doubt that it will ever be available for players to use. Course I could be wrong, there is no telling what is in store for the game. 

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,087 posts
8,164 battles

I forgot to add that playing a slow moving fortress is not my preferred play style, so the only attraction of the Musashi is being able to overmatch every ship and get troll salvos.  The Salem, on the other hand, has a monster heal which will allow me to drive her like  a more aggressive Des Moines - my preferred style of aggressive play.

[PVE]
Members
5,694 posts
18,273 battles
2 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

I forgot to add that playing a slow moving fortress is not my preferred play style, so the only attraction of the Musashi is being able to overmatch every ship and get troll salvos.  The Salem, on the other hand, has a monster heal which will allow me to drive her like  a more aggressive Des Moines - my preferred style of aggressive play.

Honestly I was worried buying the ship. I had the USN heavy cruisers up to Baltimore and I was totally "meh" about the line. I even had the Indianapolis and rarely played her. After pondering it a long while and listening to smarter people than me, I took the plunge. Often after I buy a ship, I get buyers remorse... Not with Salem. She really is a super fun ship to play and I have been having a blast. Her rate of fire is good, the heal is really nice, and she is quite agile. I use her only in co-op since I am a potato but where I will lose credits playing tier 8 and 9 cruisers unless I have a good game, the Salem makes me credits even when I have a terrible match. That is unheard of in co-op with higher tiered ships. The one caution is she NEEDS a heavy cruiser captain with the right skills. My light cruiser captain did ok but once I put my Halsey captain spec'd for heavies, she became one of my favorite boats. If you like cruisers and cruiser play, you will appreciate the ship. 

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
171 posts
3,671 battles
21 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

i already have salem but i mean The Salem Witch....seems to have a halloween camo on it

[LOU1]
Members
3,087 posts
8,164 battles
7 minutes ago, GENAlphawolf said:

i already have salem but i mean The Salem Witch....seems to have a halloween camo on it

Information like that is only revealed very, very close to the event in WOWS world.

IIRC, they could not be purchased directly last year.  I got all of muine from Halloween crates.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/and-knuckles/

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
171 posts
3,671 battles
1 hour ago, ExploratorOne said:

Information like that is only revealed very, very close to the event in WOWS world.

IIRC, they could not be purchased directly last year.  I got all of muine from Halloween crates.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/and-knuckles/

I have some of these camos but the one im talking about looks like the Fujin camo on a Salem.

[PVE]
Members
5,694 posts
18,273 battles
28 minutes ago, GENAlphawolf said:

I have some of these camos but the one im talking about looks like the Fujin camo on a Salem.

Yeah the Salem Witch camo is pretty cool. One reason it probably hasn't been offered in crates or for sale is the Salem was not in the game for players at that time. Now that she is, the Witch skin may make it into the game. Keep your fingers crossed! 

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,159 battles
On 9/21/2018 at 1:05 AM, Taylor3006 said:

If the last tech tree giveaway is any clue, then no they won't come with camo. I got the Lyon thru missions and had to buy the camo for it. Same thing with Normandie, bought camo for it because I was a moron and forgot about the camo design contest for it. I think that was the exception though, probably not happening again.

I can confirm, no free camo with these.

[WPE-2]
[WPE-2]
Beta Testers
171 posts
3,671 battles
49 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah the Salem Witch camo is pretty cool. One reason it probably hasn't been offered in crates or for sale is the Salem was not in the game for players at that time. Now that she is, the Witch skin may make it into the game. Keep your fingers crossed! 

yep keepin em that way. Ill be one of the first to jump on it if they put it out. HINT HINT

Members
36 posts
1,480 battles
On 9/21/2018 at 4:15 PM, Wolcott said:

WOWS says it is a premium.

acasta no camo premium.jpg