You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wolf_pack2

hockey

58 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles

Rangers and of course now that we live in Vegas the Golden Knights. Makes it easy when your wife's clients are the wealthiest and most connected in town and give us glass seats and your own private catered lounge with unlimited free drinks and free parking at the garage next to the stadium. :)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[ICE9]
Members
854 posts

I quit watching hockey decades ago, but once upon a time I was a Hawks fan.

Stan Mikita, Bobby Hull, Doug Jarrett, Kieth Magnusson. Those were the days...

Edited by CG11_HoleSnipe

[SUCIT]
Members
847 posts
3,657 battles
6 hours ago, VGLance said:

Rangers and of course now that we live in Vegas the Golden Knights. Makes it easy when your wife's clients are the wealthiest and most connected in town and give us glass seats and your own private catered lounge with unlimited free drinks and free parking at the garage next to the stadium. :)

Brb blocking you.  

Devils all the way.  My family has had season tickets since I was born.  I played for 16 years before I blew out my ankle, loved every second of it.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles
2 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I think you mean Penguins!

Never that.  I loathe the Penguins, Captain Crotchpuncher, and their entire frontrunner fanbase.  Where were they all when Lemieux was going to move the team?  There were no Penguins fans until Crysby and Malkin got drafted!  Go Flyers!

Edited by crzyhawk

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles
13 minutes ago, XpliCT_ said:

Brb blocking you.  

Devils all the way.  My family has had season tickets since I was born.  I played for 16 years before I blew out my ankle, loved every second of it.

Used to play roller hockey with a bunch of local high school kids until they went ice full time. I can skate well on ice, i just can't do a hockey stop on ice. 

[SUCIT]
Members
847 posts
3,657 battles
2 hours ago, VGLance said:

Used to play roller hockey with a bunch of local high school kids until they went ice full time. I can skate well on ice, i just can't do a hockey stop on ice. 

Its so much easier skating and stopping on Ice than it is for roller.  It's a lot more fluid, and you can do a lot more with your footwork.  It's also a lot faster paced as a result.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles
1 minute ago, XpliCT_ said:

Its so much easier skating and stopping on Ice than it is for roller.  It's a lot more fluid, and you can do a lot more with your footwork.  It's also a lot faster paced as a result.

Yeah I'd have loved to do a clinic and learn, I can't imagine it being that hard.  But you need all new gear for ice compared to roller and then there's that whole getting married thing and now having a baby that put a fork in all of it.  I just don't have the time so I got into cycling.  I can get up at 5:30am and head out into the mountains for a 22 mi ride every other morning.  Beats getting hit in the face with a puck, even if the roller hockey pucks don't do as much damage.  It's still a very unpleasant experience.  Never lost any teeth but damn near put a hole straight through my right cheek from a deflected puck off my stick blade.

[SUCIT]
Members
847 posts
3,657 battles
29 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Yeah I'd have loved to do a clinic and learn, I can't imagine it being that hard.  But you need all new gear for ice compared to roller and then there's that whole getting married thing and now having a baby that put a fork in all of it.  I just don't have the time so I got into cycling.  I can get up at 5:30am and head out into the mountains for a 22 mi ride every other morning.  Beats getting hit in the face with a puck, even if the roller hockey pucks don't do as much damage.  It's still a very unpleasant experience.  Never lost any teeth but damn near put a hole straight through my right cheek from a deflected puck off my stick blade.

I was a Goalie, so I'm well familiar with that feeling.  There's gotta be something wrong with me up top to get shot at for fun :Smile_teethhappy:.  I've had a few injuries during my career, but I made it far and did well for myself.  I would have played in College if it weren't for my ankle, but as is, made it to the NAHL.  

As an aside, can't stand biking lol

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles
6 minutes ago, XpliCT_ said:

I was a Goalie, so I'm well familiar with that feeling.  There's gotta be something wrong with me up top to get shot at for fun :Smile_teethhappy:.  I've had a few injuries during my career, but I made it far and did well for myself.  I would have played in College if it weren't for my ankle, but as is, made it to the NAHL.  

As an aside, can't stand biking lol

I was a volleyball player in college and got up to 4th in rank nationally in 9-ball.  Billiards was what I wanted to do professionally until I realized you're living in airports and hotels 24/7 and when you're not competing, you're having to make extra money doing appearances and other stuff I had no interest in.  Back then, there wasn't much money in the sport and sponsorships were few and far between.  Then again, not much has changed even today.

Years after college I still played v-ball in leagues until I partially tore my LCL in a beach tournament and went through 6 months of physical therapy.  After that I looked for low impact sports so gliding on the rink felt a lot better on my knees and of course cycling as well.  It's not really fun compared to team sports but it's great exercise, convenient to just head out from the garage and not be held to any fixed schedule, and the morning mountain views count for something.  This is what it looks like at my half way point before heading back to the house.

yTHrLoo.jpg

Members
326 posts
31 battles
10 hours ago, VGLance said:

While it was incredible what Vegas accomplished in their first season, I have to say I enjoyed the beat down my Caps put on them in the finals. 

Members
326 posts
31 battles
18 minutes ago, VGLance said:

I was a volleyball player in college and got up to 4th in rank nationally in 9-ball.  Billiards was what I wanted to do professionally until I realized you're living in airports and hotels 24/7 and when you're not competing, you're having to make extra money doing appearances and other stuff I had no interest in.  Back then, there wasn't much money in the sport and sponsorships were few and far between.  Then again, not much has changed even today.

Years after college I still played v-ball in leagues until I partially tore my LCL in a beach tournament and went through 6 months of physical therapy.  After that I looked for low impact sports so gliding on the rink felt a lot better on my knees and of course cycling as well.  It's not really fun compared to team sports but it's great exercise, convenient to just head out from the garage and not be held to any fixed schedule, and the morning mountain views count for something.  This is what it looks like at my half way point before heading back to the house.

yTHrLoo.jpg

Ever see any strange flying aircraft? Groom Lake is just a hop, skip, and a jump from there.

[SUCIT]
Members
847 posts
3,657 battles
1 hour ago, VGLance said:

yTHrLoo.jpg

That is one hell of a view.  My issue with cycling is that I don't have much of my lower body left.  The countless shots I've faced has kinda ruined my hips, ankles and knees. 

How long does that trip take you on average?  22 Miles is a pretty good clip to travel.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles
1 hour ago, XpliCT_ said:

That is one hell of a view.  My issue with cycling is that I don't have much of my lower body left.  The countless shots I've faced has kinda ruined my hips, ankles and knees. 

How long does that trip take you on average?  22 Miles is a pretty good clip to travel.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3032498380

This was my record time, but with the baby now it's hard to get out as often so I dropped about a minute off my time going about once a week instead of every other day.

[SUCIT]
Members
847 posts
3,657 battles
3 minutes ago, VGLance said:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3032498380

This was my record time, but with the baby now it's hard to get out as often so I dropped about a minute off my time going about once a week instead of every other day.

Man that speed change from uphill to downhill is quite noticeable.  That's gotta be refreshing heading downhill. 

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles
11 minutes ago, XpliCT_ said:

Man that speed change from uphill to downhill is quite noticeable.  That's gotta be refreshing heading downhill. 

Yeah it's virtually uphill the entire way and then it's dessert on the way back. Dessert in the desert :P