Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
slokill_1

Bourgogne!!?

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,296 posts
21,041 battles

Just got out of a game where the reds had a French T10 BB Bourgogne.  Looks like it has three quadruple turrets.  Anyone got any info on this beauty?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Short version: Take Alsace pre-nerf, buff it a bit in the survivability areas, slap on a main battery reload booster, and make it tier 10. Sort of like Jean Bart 2: Electric Boogaloo.

• Cool 2

Members
1,296 posts
21,041 battles
2 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Short version: Take Alsace pre-nerf, buff it a bit in the survivability areas, slap on a main battery reload booster, and make it tier 10. Sort of like Jean Bart 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Oooh.  I really like the Richelieu, but Alsace still hasn't really clicked with me yet; though it's an awesome ship.  I haven't played it enough to get the Republique because the fore and aft turrets at T10 doesn't really do me much for me as of yet.  But this Boeff Bourgogne sounds interesting.  Be nice if it was one of those free XP ships.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Most likely, hopefully, a tier 10 arsenal ship like Salem and alsace. I'm pretty sure a tier 10 French cruiser is also in testing

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Encountered 3 or 4 of them tonight. Their speed / acceleration was impressive. Having not encountered them before of course, I had no certain knowledge as to speed abilities but it can haul. Lots of lead needed if she was full speed. 

Seem to hold up well against shots here and there on the hull from a Yammy firing AP. 

If I encounter any more I'll drop into HE and burn it down. Seems (to me) fire is sometimes the best option against some of the newer ships. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,068 posts
14,462 battles

15" guns on a Tier X, one has to admit, is pretty funny.

36 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Encountered 3 or 4 of them tonight. Their speed / acceleration was impressive. Having not encountered them before of course, I had no certain knowledge as to speed abilities but it can haul. Lots of lead needed if she was full speed. 

Seem to hold up well against shots here and there on the hull from a Yammy firing AP. 

If I encounter any more I'll drop into HE and burn it down. Seems (to me) fire is sometimes the best option against some of the newer ships. 

She sails just like Alsace.

She also is a French Battleship which should mean a few things.  She's coated in 32mm armor just like every High Tier French and Royal navy Battleship.  You put High Tier French BBs down the same way as anything else, massive AP or CA HE / CL+IFHE HE spam.  Republique, Richelieu, Gas Can, Alsace all melt under repeated HE spam.  This new X one will be the same way if WG indeed copy & pasted Pre-nerf Alsace to be this new ship.  These 32mm armored ships eat AP penetrations from IJN 460mm AP.  For the same reason IJN 460 LOLPENs the 32mm bows / armor, that is how the BBs armored with this armor thickness pay through the nose.  Just as Yamato eats up Conqueror, Republique, Richelieu, Alsace, Lion due to their 32mm, this new ship will be the same.  We're not just talking bow armor here.  We're talking deck and everything else.  These 32mm armored BBs are the easiest to pen BBs in High Tier.  Even USN & IJN BBs aren't as prone to penetrations as these are.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,359 battles

I advocate that WG reworks the model to reflect the planned Super Alsace. Releasing a pre-nerfed Alsace as premium is bad for players' goodwill in WG:

[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,326 battles

I’m just curious how it’ll be implemented.  Gut tells me in steel, but can think of other, less likely, options.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles
7 hours ago, _1204_ said:

Most likely, hopefully, a tier 10 arsenal ship like Salem and alsace. I'm pretty sure a tier 10 French cruiser is also in testing

That would be Brennus, and it's in all likelihood just a test ship that we'll never see. Why? Well for all intents and purposes, if I recall correctly from the ST notes, Brennus was just Henri IV with an MBRB consumable. Guess what Henri IV has now.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,124 posts
7,655 battles

She's most likely Stalingrad's successor as far as I can figure.  My guess (and it's only a guess) is that she's the new carrot on a stick for those who have already unlocked Stalingrad through Clan Wars.

• Angry 1

Sign in to follow this