You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Sometimes Bots get the "kill crazy" disease!

15 comments in this topic

Members
4,569 posts
6,516 battles

Heh.  Ya they do.  Co-op.  I was in Murmansk awhile ago and dang BB Bot shot OVER 2 BBs on my team that were like 3k closer to him than was I.  I was behind my BBs.  Directly behind them.   I was the lesser threat being a cruiser and I was at least  8k from the Bot BB. Tactically it would have made more sense for the Bot to shoot at the closer BBs but nooooo he killed little me and then my BBs laid waste to him!  Obviously Bots have human emotions and want that KILL even if it makes little tactical sense....just like real humans often do in this game.  Get the kill!  Some players get stupidly kill crazy. You know what I mean.  Bots  have that disease also at times. I am convinced! Or am I missing something? :Smile_amazed: I often miss things. Dang Bot. 

• Funny 1

Members
4,569 posts
6,516 battles
6 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

They like to kill the lower HP ships.

No kidding! :Smile_honoring:  Taint fair. :Smile_teethhappy:

[RLGN]
Members
8,287 posts
17,354 battles
10 minutes ago, dmckay said:

No kidding! :Smile_honoring:  Taint fair. :Smile_teethhappy:

The joys of being a priority target...

2-3 people shooting at a carrier; I’m miles away, just trying to catch up with the battle; who does the bot send planes after?

Three guesses and the first two don’t count...

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

Makes cruiser and dds almost stupid to play.  Ive had it where im 2-4km  from the enemy in my AZ and my uncle was 10-12+ km, and they just let me pump ap into their barbettes and citadels risk free....

Members
9,985 posts
48 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Heh.  Ya they do.  Co-op.  I was in Murmansk awhile ago and dang BB Bot shot OVER 2 BBs on my team that were like 3k closer to him than was I.  I was behind my BBs.  Directly behind them.   I was the lesser threat being a cruiser and I was at least  8k from the Bot BB. Tactically it would have made more sense for the Bot to shoot at the closer BBs but nooooo he killed little me and then my BBs laid waste to him!  Obviously Bots have human emotions and want that KILL even if it makes little tactical sense....just like real humans often do in this game.  Get the kill!  Some players get stupidly kill crazy. You know what I mean.  Bots  have that disease also at times. I am convinced! Or am I missing something? :Smile_amazed: I often miss things. Dang Bot. 

Smaller is better in botland.

Why weren't you avoiding fire anyway? Murmansk can't take a hit, but it can dance out of the way of lots of stuff.:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,029 posts
13,060 battles

I don't know what the bots are "thinking" but what runs through my mind playing with humans is that if I get a couple good hits on that ship hanging back in the rear they're probably going to cut and run. Which means the rest of the team and I can concentrate on the left over reds up front. Works best on CAs... DDs are harder to hit and BBs are likely to sit there and take it as they shoot back.

Members
4,569 posts
6,516 battles
46 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Smaller is better in botland.

Why weren't you avoiding fire anyway? Murmansk can't take a hit, but it can dance out of the way of lots of stuff.:Smile_teethhappy:

Well 

a. I am an idiot

b. I know the Murmansk is rather delicate but I can be an idiot sometimes. However she can take some hits. Sometimes. But this was a BB who shot at me proving I am an idiot. Was not expecting that even though I actually know better.

c. I was also "kill crazy".  Thought I might get the kill shot after my BBs worked that red over good. Dumb of me. Was not "dancing". Idiotic!

d.  I am an idiot.

O well we won. Just a co-op match. 

Carry on. :Smile_honoring:

• Funny 1

Members
4,569 posts
6,516 battles
21 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

I don't know what the bots are "thinking" but what runs through my mind playing with humans is that if I get a couple good hits on that ship hanging back in the rear they're probably going to cut and run. Which means the rest of the team and I can concentrate on the left over reds up front. Works best on CAs... DDs are harder to hit and BBs are likely to sit there and take it as they shoot back.

Lotta truth here! Some will freak and run.  O ya. 

Members
3,814 posts
14,142 battles
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

Bot BBs in Co-Op are like player BB mains, only one thing on their minds; DUH, KILL DA CROO-SUH! :Smile_playing:

[NNA]
Members
201 posts
5,744 battles
4 hours ago, dmckay said:

This being Conspiracy Theory Thursday and all, I thought I would posit this little question. What if WG records a certain amount of battles off of each server and the developers watch these videos and code bot behavior based off the play styles of certain players? Not exact behavior, but detailed enough to mimic the specific battle tactics that a random player might employ using a specific type of ship. What if they chose your game style and adapted it for certain bots? You could be playing against yourself at some point and not even realize it! With the update in bot behavior a few weeks back, I would swear that some of the bots I've been facing acted like real players. :Smile_amazed:

Now I'm not saying this is actual or real, but it is food for thought, even if it stretches the imagination a little. Okay, maybe a lot.

[SIMP]
Members
1,026 posts

Bot's 'lock on' to a target like a Pit Bull. Once they hit you, they will Never, EVER stop.

Just one example, I was in a BB and a bot BB started shooting at me because I was spotted first at about 10km away. A friendly DD ran out of smoke 4 km from the bot BB and cut between me and the bot completely broadside. Now normally the bots go after DDs like rabid dogs after a rabbit, but this one, nope, just kept shooting at me, despite his guns being pointed right in the same path as the DD and me being bow on.

Once they smell blood they never stop.

As others have said they will USUALLY go after the low HP ships first, with soft skinned targets being given priority. But the above example shows that this gets overridden once they go 'kill crazy' as the OP puts it - even if they are getting pummeled by closer ships.

The only way I have found for them to stop shooting at me is to drive directly away from them and get close to their maximum range - then most (but not all) times they will start looking for another target

Members
4,569 posts
6,516 battles
8 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

Bot's 'lock on' to a target like a Pit Bull. Once they hit you, they will Never, EVER stop.

Just one example, I was in a BB and a bot BB started shooting at me because I was spotted first at about 10km away. A friendly DD ran out of smoke 4 km from the bot BB and cut between me and the bot completely broadside. Now normally the bots go after DDs like rabid dogs after a rabbit, but this one, nope, just kept shooting at me, despite his guns being pointed right in the same path as the DD and me being bow on.

Once they smell blood they never stop.

As others have said they will USUALLY go after the low HP ships first, with soft skinned targets being given priority. But the above example shows that this gets overridden once they go 'kill crazy' as the OP puts it - even if they are getting pummeled by closer ships.

The only way I have found for them to stop shooting at me is to drive directly away from them and get close to their maximum range - then most (but not all) times they will start looking for another target

Ha ha.  Interesting post. What has been done to bots by WG? Well, obviously they have been programmed to have "BLOOD LUST" regardless if their decisions make any sense at all. In a sense this makes them more like the living humans in this game. I once chased a red DD in random in my Scharnhorst ALL the way to my teams back boundary on the map.  I had blood lust.  He was very good and I was really frustrated that I could not even hit him. Finally it dawned on me.  He was leading me away from the crucial area of battle and taking me (a powerful ship) out of the game. I finally got him but we lost the match and I felt like a dumbazz. Clever DD player. A human. We all see human players go off chasing a ship that is just leading them away from the real crucial battle. It's a good tactic lotta of the time and some DD players are clever at using this tactic. 

Members
161 posts
3,009 battles

Happens to people too, watched a 3/4 Alabama shoot a cruiser over and over while literally sailing around a 1/4 health Massachusetts.  The BB killed him and I ask why.  He thought he could kill the cruiser and would not be able to kill the BB.  By the way the cruiser lived, and this was in Ranked.

You have to wonder if the bots are smarter sometimes.