Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

Why do I keep getting all these invitations...

35 comments in this topic

Members
1,019 posts
13,047 battles

… to join a clan. It doesn't happen daily but certainly weekly and often several times a week and one time I got 2 in one day.

I do have occasional flashes of exceptional game play but my over all stats are decidedly average. Are clans so desperate to fill out their clans they go out recruiting average Joes like me.

Here's the thing though... with over 12K games I have more than enough experience that if I wanted to be in a clan I would be. I did at one time belong to a clan but decided that I was too much of a lone wolf to belong anywhere and yes I do know there are lone wolf clans.

Oh well, I'll just consider it a compliment even if they are trying to recruit any warm body they can find.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
724 posts
11,937 battles

In answer to your question, I send out invites to players I was impressed by in the game, or who are fun to play the game with regardless of skill level. That can be anything from a DD dropping smoke for a ship in need, engaging in positive chat, a cruiser captain risking harm to get his Defensive Fire AA bubble over a BB under threat of air attack, or a host of other things. It's not always about warm bodies. Some clans (I presume ours is not the only one) spend a lot of time in chat and hanging out together and are always glad to have a new friend.

Respects,

Am

• Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,201 posts
7,381 battles

Some clans are not competitive clans and just want players that are half decent while maintaining integrity in the game.  Any half decent players they have in their clans contribute towards oil and help them to build their docks.  The docks contribute towards all kinds of bonuses for ship discounts for the clan members.  So, even if you aren't interested in clan wars, you might want to look at some of the clan invites.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

Because you're throwing away oil every clan needs and also a crapton of free permanent buffs. My clan is all soloists and everyone is just there for the buffs. WG forced this on us. I too occasionally send invites to people, because why not?

[RLGN]
Members
8,252 posts
17,271 battles
13 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Because you're throwing away oil every clan needs and also a crapton of free permanent buffs. My clan is all soloists and everyone is just there for the buffs. WG forced this on us. I too occasionally send invites to people, because why not?

More or less the second reason I joined a clan; (the first being someone I’ve known 25 years asking me to.)

I’m still basically just a soloist ghost member...

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles

I get them as well but I never know if the clan is solo or hard gamers.  I can';t do hard gaming/clan wars as my play is average and sporatic at best.  I will play a couple game  then have to stop for half hour etc...

[-AGW-]
Members
666 posts
9,496 battles
28 minutes ago, SmokeHenge said:

I started my own clan just to get away from it.  

This. Just about. I would not join any club that would have me as a member.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WOLFB]
Members
1,725 posts
8,254 battles

With the addition of new building some clan migh be looking for new members.

I joined WOLF clan with a friend because we were looking for a clan that doesn't require such thing as "Have X% WR" + "Give Y oil per week" + "Have at least X tier Y ship" ... It turns out we did some competitive things, it was fun and on top of that, we even managed to build the clan and benefit from all these bonuses. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
281 posts
6,483 battles
1 hour ago, NashW8 said:

I would not join any club that would have me as a member.

I said that to someone once, and their eyes glazed over. Best line ever.

Members
3,784 posts
14,050 battles

I've gotten several invites that I've turned down because if I joined they'd probably boot me out after seeing me in action. :Smile_ohmy:

Members
18 posts
3,039 battles

People are forever spamming me Ninja Clan invites.  They must be easily impressed.  Why would I join a clan if I have no idea who you are, and no idea of what you expect from me?

Well that and as Groucho says,  "I refuse to join any organization that would have me as a member". 

[PVE]
Members
5,619 posts
18,209 battles
24 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I've gotten several invites that I've turned down because if I joined they'd probably boot me out after seeing me in action. :Smile_ohmy:

Redd if you ever wanna join a solo clan, let me know. Would be happy to have you.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
118 posts
2,066 battles
11 minutes ago, Oeuf said:

People are forever spamming me Ninja Clan invites.  They must be easily impressed.  Why would I join a clan if I have no idea who you are, and no idea of what you expect from me?

Well that and as Groucho says,  "I refuse to join any organization that would have me as a member". 

It could be because they see you are active and would like the oil contribution you'd bring that clan?  Just guessing...

Members
18 posts
3,039 battles
22 hours ago, Altwar said:

It could be because they see you are active and would like the oil contribution you'd bring that clan?  Just guessing...

I consider myself nothing more than a casual player.  Older, slower  and crappier than jingles.  Thinking some clans are really desperate.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,619 posts
18,209 battles
3 hours ago, Oeuf said:

I consider myself nothing more than a casual player.  Older, slower  and crappier than jingles.  Thinking some clans are really desperate.

LOL damn you really must be crap if you are worse than our great Gnome Overlord! J/K, your post really made me laugh. 

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,539 battles

I get them allot also, I joined some soloist clan for awhile but eventually like all clans in other games, it became political with petty in-fighting 

[VVV]
Beta Testers
127 posts
3,397 battles

I joined VVV because I didn't want all the crap that comes with being in a clan. Been a member for quite a while and haven't seen a single word typed in the chat. No Div invites, no clanwars and no complaining.

Would be nice to div with another player once in a while though.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,845 posts
10,629 battles
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

… to join a clan. It doesn't happen daily but certainly weekly and often several times a week and one time I got 2 in one day.

I do have occasional flashes of exceptional game play but my over all stats are decidedly average. Are clans so desperate to fill out their clans they go out recruiting average Joes like me.

Here's the thing though... with over 12K games I have more than enough experience that if I wanted to be in a clan I would be. I did at one time belong to a clan but decided that I was too much of a lone wolf to belong anywhere and yes I do know there are lone wolf clans.

Oh well, I'll just consider it a compliment even if they are trying to recruit any warm body they can find.

I went through this same situation for a long time before joining a forum friend's clan mainly to stop it. I almost started my own just to stop it but then my friend bullied me into his so it finally stopped LOL.

It got really annoying especially when you declined and the person got butt hurt and became a jerk over it. I even started a thread in some forum or another here asking if you could turn off clan invites and if not suggesting that feature be added.

Mostly I would say it is from clans with room who want you to join so you can earn them oil or someone saw you play well and had an opening.

I was told to take it as a compliment so will pass that on to you. LOL

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts
3,660 battles

The Wolves Clans are great for getting the clan bonuses, not getting inundated with join requests and NEVER interacting with ANY ONE ELSE, ever!  Don't make eye contact.

Seriously though, find a clan like the Wolf clans to reap the rewards without the hassle.  It's a great way to not get to know someone.

[FAITH]
Members
196 posts
3,951 battles

I’ve left my clan for 2 days and I’m already getting spammed. Clanleds players topping the scoreboards are suspicious

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles
On 9/20/2018 at 6:51 PM, CylonRed said:

I get them as well but I never know if the clan is solo or hard gamers.  I can';t do hard gaming/clan wars as my play is average and sporatic at best.  I will play a couple game  then have to stop for half hour etc...

No hard core clan is going to be sending out invites willy nilly to whoever they see who does good in a single battle. The opposite is true, they get invites to join from anyone and everyone that they are constantly turning down. 

When I was clan less last month for 3 day cooldown, I tried to see how many invites I could get in the 3 days, was great fun. I had clans that would have 2 people messaging me in Port before a game was even over where I had implied I was looking to join a new clan. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[WOLF2]
Members
162 posts
10,920 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Slattery said:

The Wolves Clans are great for getting the clan bonuses, not getting inundated with join requests and NEVER interacting with ANY ONE ELSE, ever! 

I can vouch for this.  I am pretty much a solo player and clans don’t work well for me anyway because my work schedule is all over the place time wise.  Joined WOLF2 quite recently and I’m enjoying the benefits of the clan base bonuses without any hassles whatsoever.   And no more constant invites either....that annoyed me as well.

[ARP]
Members
994 posts
6,153 battles

I have never been outside of ARP for 2 Years now so i suspect things have changed.
There's recommended clans to apply to as, so mabye there might be recommended players to invite?

Beta Testers
1,327 posts
3,591 battles

If I get over 100k in damage it happens more often than not. I am preoccupied in real life so I don’t have the time for clan battles maybe in a year or two then I will.

Sign in to follow this