Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AVR_Project

Did someone call the Doctor ??

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

133
[VVV]
Members
358 posts
2,271 battles

He traveled to this dimension to find out what was up with all these ships getting blown up but then miraculously reappearing in port 5 minutes later.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

 

I always thought Tom Baker (my favorite of the ones I've seen...haven't watched in 25 years though) was the 3rd doctor.

As for the Kennedy reference...he was shot on the 22nd Nov '63 & Doc Who premiered on the 23rd but it was almost cancelled to continue covering the assassination news but at the 11th hour they decided to go ahead with the airing as they had already been covering it non stop for over 24 hours.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
2 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Doctor.jpg

For some reason my attention was drawn to the streetlamp & it took me awhile to focus in on the Tardis.

There's another 1 I saw in 1 of the promo pictures (w/the plane w/wheels...as opposed to the plane w/floats...flying above it that was at the corner of what looked to be an apartment building...I'll try & find it & add the screenshot (hopefully 2 doctors in 1 city at the same time won't cause a divide by zero incident).

Edit: I seen where yours was but have no idea how you got such a zoomed in shot of it. The 1 in the promo was from an overhead view as the plane was passing by so  not able to find it from my limited viewable access...although there are a few red things here & there that may be Tardises but can't ell w/out being anble to zoom in & not sure why they would be bright red (as the Tardis) 7 the 1 you zoomed in on is grey.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,297
[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,569 posts
7 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I always thought Tom Baker (my favorite of the ones I've seen...haven't watched in 25 years though) was the 3rd doctor.

1

I watched reruns when I was a kid (this was the 90s), so Tom Baker was my first Doctor. But having seen the whole franchise now, my favourite would be Capaldi

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
11 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

my favourite would be Capaldi

He definitely makes a good intro...even if his one liners are a little bit after their time :-)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
453
[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,169 posts
5,028 battles

I have the POP figure of Capaldi with the guitar and sunglasses next to a chibi figure of Kongou from Kancolle.  I thought she would make a perfect companion for him.  Complete opposite in personality, yet strong and self reliant, and might be able to one shot a Dalek.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,587
[PSP]
Members
6,291 posts
8,915 battles

The London Port is set in the late 1930s to mid 1940s and those blue police boxes were in use then. Below is a police box built in 1929.

Tardis_Police_Box,_Crich_Tramway_Village

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,230
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,577 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

For some reason my attention was drawn to the streetlamp & it took me awhile to focus in on the Tardis.

There's another 1 I saw in 1 of the promo pictures (w/the plane w/wheels...as opposed to the plane w/floats...flying above it that was at the corner of what looked to be an apartment building...I'll try & find it & add the screenshot (hopefully 2 doctors in 1 city at the same time won't cause a divide by zero incident).

Edit: I seen where yours was but have no idea how you got such a zoomed in shot of it. The 1 in the promo was from an overhead view as the plane was passing by so  not able to find it from my limited viewable access...although there are a few red things here & there that may be Tardises but can't ell w/out being anble to zoom in & not sure why they would be bright red (as the Tardis) 7 the 1 you zoomed in on is grey.

The Gallant was sunk, so I came back to an empty port.

Stared at the screen -- and there it was.  Zoomed in (no ship there) and took a screen shot.

Expanded the picture and trimmed with Microsoft Paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,844 posts
17,666 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

The Gallant was sunk, so I came back to an empty port.

Stared at the screen -- and there it was.  Zoomed in (no ship there) and took a screen shot.

Expanded the picture and trimmed with Microsoft Paint.

In Dasha's update video there is a more zoomed in shot of the one you snapped at :42 seconds & it is actually a police box phone as opposed to a regular red & white public phone box.

I've spotted at least 4 of the red & white ones in the port.

On the port side of the channel of whatever ship is in port) there are 2 of them...(with Bayern in port for reference) 1 at the end of the barrels of the front most turret & 1 in line with the smaller mast that the German flag is on.

On the starboard side of whatever ship is in port the police box is at a corner of a walkway...on the same starboard side of the ship on the other side of the little channel that the police box is on the corner of there seems to be a red & white 1 right about the same place as the police box on that other corner of the little channel (I hope that wasn't as confusing as it seems to have been...I tried to specifically clarify everything but may have gone overboard & been more confusing than clarifying).

Farther along on the same side as of that channel where the red & white one is there seems to be another red & white one under the billboard (same building in the promo) on the side of the building (right directly under the left edge of the billboard).

Hopefully you were able to follow all of that...if not sorry for the rambling.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,230
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,577 battles

STRANGLY ENOUGH....   There IS a Doctor Who Connection with WOWS......

9:30 into the video -- get ready to be amazed.

 

 

Hood_Who.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,230
[WOLF3]
Members
6,465 posts
2,405 battles
2 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

STRANGLY ENOUGH....   There IS a Doctor Who Connection with WOWS......

You mean with Hood?  Yep.  It's true.  He often related that story in personal appearances.

My mother, who by that time (mid-80s?) - quite against her will - had become a huge Doctor Who fan, went to see him here in Dallas.  Seems he found her rather attractive and they hung out for a while after the show.  That was one of the stories she brought home.  I had to work.  :Smile_sad:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×