You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RagingxMarmoset

So I bought 20 of those stupid Royal Navy containers.

34 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
710 posts
713 battles

I only got the missions for Acasta, Icarus, and Jervis. What the hell? Where is my Lightning mission? Kidding, I was super stoked. I also got a ton of super-signals and Union Jack (at 143 now) camos. With the Sovereigns I bought Bert Dunkirk and some more of the camos. I feel like I got my money's worth on this one.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles

Sorry, I got the Lightning mission... If I would have known that you want her so much, I would have said no. :Smile_hiding:

Gratz for the three ships. Just disappointed, came here to find some salt. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,218 battles

I purchased 5 boxes, and received the Acasta and Icarus missions. I plan to purchase 5 more boxes this weekend.

• Cool 1

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

15 bucks for 5 boxes is.... wow... it's too steep for me. I don't see anything good enough in the boxes to justify the gamble for getting an RN DD. I'm going to pass for now. 

[BNKR]
Members
710 posts
713 battles
3 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

15 bucks for 5 boxes is.... wow... it's too steep for me. I don't see anything good enough in the boxes to justify the gamble for getting an RN DD. I'm going to pass for now. 

Fair enough. It's a bit spendy, for sure. I almost always buy a few crates when the drop a new line or collection,  just for the hell of it.

[HINON]
Members
2,580 posts
18,824 battles

yea kinda steep just for a few signals and a chance to get early access to a dd. I'll just wait.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts

I bought the five=pack, and got the Acosta mission.   I was quite happy with the camos, flags and soveriegns- which is what I wanted anyhow.   

Lol- I went into this NOT wanting the ships- and got one first try.   ( I haven't enjoyed the RN ships thus far, due to the weird gimmicks, and am not especially interested in the DD's because of it)   I just started grinding the US CL's, and have Pan Asian DD's at tier 6 and German DD's at 4- I got plenty of grinding to do for now!

Beta Testers
399 posts
9,353 battles

Bought 20, got all 4 missions..happy camper, might buy the Warspite with the sovereigns and get the doubloons since I have her already. Money well spent I think.

• Cool 1

Members
1,838 posts
17,662 battles

Can't afford to buy any crates unfortunately...couldn't for the French containers either & only got the Bretagne in the event containers...not that that was a bad thing but needing the higher tier ships to finish the campaign w/honors & not being able to access them made me a bit salty due to it being only the 2nd temporary campaign ever I wasn't able to finish w/honors & the 1st (New Years/DOY campaign) only being because my bro & sis I hadn't seen in 22 years were in town & visiting w/them took precedent to campaign honors (I know...priorities...game is all...bad sentimental family stuff...I know better for next time though...sorry gaming gods...I won't let you down again).

Fortunately the Brit missions aren't in campaign style & there's no achievement to lose out on if you don't get a Brit DD to finish the missions quicker with & you only need any 1 instead of just the higher tier 1 to be able to do the extra missions for quicker completion.

Would like to get them all or even just 1 to give me 2 (or more) ships on the line to run at once instead of having to grind from the ground up to get to the higher tiered ones...but seeing as I go back & elite all ships in all lines anyway it doesn't really matter as I'll be going through them all anyway.

• Boring 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles

Gratz on the ship missions. I hope to get one of the missions, but I have to rely solely on the ones I can get for free, so the odds, are rather low.

[RKLES]
Members
7,210 posts
8,982 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

Sorry, I got the Lightning mission... If I would have known that you want her so much, I would have said no. :Smile_hiding:

Gratz for the three ships. Just disappointed, came here to find some salt. :Smile_teethhappy:

Lol...

86DB4C96-FC2D-4A2C-BDD1-42F02C39ED16.jpeg.4c4f63979488e9fe77cbb42f387fa54a.jpeg

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles

Well it sounds like there's a decent chance of getting the missions in these containers.

Which is good because I will only be getting the ones I win in-game.

At least that's what I want to believe.

I'll be very happy if I just get a single DD from a Royal Navy container. (I'll also be getting the Gallant and 96% of the Cossack too, of course).

[PVE]
Members
5,620 posts
18,209 battles

I was reading the description of the contents in the premium store of these crates. They worded the description oddly IMHO, lemme post it here:

"Opening this container comes with a certain probability of gaining access to a special combat mission. The reward for completing this mission will be one of the four researchable British destroyers: Acasta, Icarus, Jervis, or Lightning. The ships will be added to your account together with a Port slot, a commander with 3 skill points, and with all modules already researched and purchased. The combat missions will be available until November 19."

I didn't like the words "certain probability" as that sounds too much like you will certainly get a mission from a crate. It is pretty deceptive. I had to read this several times to fully understand what they were trying to communicate. This kind of advertising is the reason we have laws regarding what you can say and not say about a product. It is deliberately misleading and I am disgusted that Wargaming Marketing would do such a thing. Wargaming only engenders distrust when they do things like this. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,529 posts
4,416 battles

Aside from the direct rewards from the crates, there are also indirect benefits to getting these fully researched ships early. It saves a lot of time, effort, credits and possibly free xp that would have been needed for a normal grind.

[P2W]
Beta Testers
33 posts
5,611 battles

Bought 40 crates, only got Tier 5 & 6 DDs.  Seems other people are having better luck.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,312 posts
4,256 battles
18 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Gratz on the ship missions. I hope to get one of the missions, but I have to rely solely on the ones I can get for free, so the odds, are rather low.

I got the Acasta mission from my second in-battle crate, no purchases made, so I think your chances of getting at least one unlock over the whole patch are pretty reasonable. We need to give it a week or two to see what it's really like.

[-SF-]
Members
120 posts
2,379 battles

Not bought any premium containers but did get the Acasta mission on my second non premium box, counting that as a win. 

[BNKR]
Members
710 posts
713 battles
15 hours ago, Rabbid_Pinky said:

got the icarus mission from a random crate is it rare?

I think the mission drop rate on random crates is lower than premium crates.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,413 posts
9,542 battles
20 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I only got the missions for Acasta, Icarus, and Jervis. What the hell? Where is my Lightning mission? Kidding, I was super stoked. I also got a ton of super-signals and Union Jack (at 143 now) camos. With the Sovereigns I bought Bert Dunkirk and some more of the camos. I feel like I got my money's worth on this one.

Nice did better than me lol.

I got the Acasta and Icarus

Members
569 posts

I got the acosta mission. ( Big Deal ) Early access is not all that great. These are Tech Tree ships anyone can get them later.

Why would anyone buy something everyone will have for Free when they are released? (Seems those who have cash are too impatient.) 

P.T. Barnum was right.... A Fool is born every day

Members
1,076 posts
5,972 battles
20 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Yeah, I was all stoked to harpoon somebody with some sort of "It ain't the containers that are stupid" kind of wisecrack, and he has to go and kill the vibe by actually winning stuff, and being all happy about it. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[UEFN]
Members
389 posts
11,721 battles

you guys just got ripped off! 

the one and only crates worth buying is the xmas crate.