Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

T8 MM again

26 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
1,085 posts
4,161 battles

Just watched glacier_de very interesting "Tier 8 Battleship Analysis". While the comparison between 5 T8 battleships was the focus we get another study were T8 MM was recorded. With 50 battles played with each of the 5 T8 BB's, 250 total battles, use in his research glacier_de's  found over 50% of his battles were T10 matches, Lert had T10 matches 45% of the time. Both experiments showed mid tiered was by far the least likely. Lert had a little better luck with 38% top tiered vs glacier_de 35%. Both found themselves over tiered 62 to 65 percent of the time.  After a look at glacier_de stats I believe we can safely assume he is well above the average player and most will not be able to come close to the stats he used in his study. With that reasonable assumption we can see why average & below player will quickly become frustrated with T8 match making. With WG maximum 5 minute wait on random battles I'm not sure if T8 MM can be improved. I expect the T8 MM complaints to go on for a long time because there is a lot of justification for them.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,379 posts
9,538 battles

That looks about right. Bottom tier is not a handicap it is a opportunity. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles

Well, fix it and maybe suffer longer q times but better games, possibly drawing people back, or keep it the way it is and suffer ever increasing q times as more and more people get frustrated and leave.

I know I quit playing in part due to 2 of the most fun tiers constantly being boned by the mm.

So keep coming up with reasons why it shouldnt change and watch as q times become unplayable as more and more people just give up.

Bottom tier is cute sometimes, not half or more of your battles.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,379 posts
9,538 battles

You earn more xp when bottom tier (bonus when damaging higher tier ships). You have the potential to do more damage when bottom tier (more health on the enemy team). 

The tier difference in WOWS is not like WOT. The gap is much more narrow.

Do you have to adjust your playstyle a bit? Yes, if you answered No then that is your problem and you are doing it wrong. 

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
1,753 posts
10,126 battles

I find being bottom tier liberating:

1) no one expects you to carry the team for a win (instead they expect the top tier ships to do that). So if you do carry your team, or end up top of the table on the losing side, it’s particularly rewarding. 

2) you get more XP for the damage you do against higher tier targets. T8 cruisers putting multiple fires on a T10 battleship prints XP cos of the tier difference and because of the higher base HP of the battleships means more fire damage per tick (as it is % based). 

Brining a positive mindset will set you free. Don’t be another victim on MM. 

[SBS]
Members
2,467 posts
2,253 battles

The arms race mode should help bleed off some T9&10 population to ease T8 MM.  Also, WG mentioned they are working on other improvements for T8 MM.

Members
9,962 posts
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

The arms race mode should help bleed off some T9&10 population to ease T8 MM.  Also, WG mentioned they are working on other improvements for T8 MM.

There was a lot of blow back after Sub_Oct stated on Reddit that the reason tier 8 was so abusive was to drive players to tier 10.

[H_]
Members
791 posts

We must face the facts that fewer players are playing T9 and 10.....  T8 are the fillers.  Oooops.  All those t9 and 10''s are playing Tier 7 radar cruisers and farming T5 through 7's......each day, every day, all day we see them wander in to a T5 matches and seal club everyone and they do this over and over and over.......  OK, they are making a fortune and WoW, their stats are God like.....  We don't play T5-7 anymore and we don't play t 9-10 because it isn't' cost effective to do so...................SO, that leaves.....T8....for just a little longer and then we have to make a team decision........

Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

That looks about right. Bottom tier is not a handicap it is a opportunity. 

Yeah, a opportunity for tier 10s to easily pad their stats on victims ships that the tier 10s are greatly superior to.

Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles
26 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Also, WG mentioned they are working on other improvements for T8 MM.

Someone needs to tell WG management that fairy tales traditionally start with "once upon a time..."

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

There was a lot of blow back after Sub_Oct stated on Reddit that the reason tier 8 was so abusive was to drive players to tier 10.

Lol, if being boned doesnt drive them to quit first....

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
48 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Yeah, a opportunity for tier 10s to easily pad their stats on victims ships that the tier 10s are greatly superior to.

Otherwise, how could the unicums be unicums, with no one to stat pad off of?

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,580 posts
25,677 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Yup. A lot of us figured that out. Old T8 was a wonderful tier, tons of fun. So much fun that people dawdled, I guess..... so to drive everyone to play BBs at T10, they wrecked T5 and T6 and T8. Sad.

• Cool 1

Members
18,219 posts
5,202 battles
2 hours ago, paradat said:

Do you have to adjust your playstyle a bit? Yes, if you answered No then that is your problem and you are doing it wrong. 

Lol I say no, because most cruisers are squishy whether bottom tier or not. 

The only non-squishy cruiser I have is never bottom tier anyway....:cap_haloween:

[TDRB]
Members
1,085 posts
4,161 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

I believe that is far more accurate than an opportunity for T8's.

Members
2,918 posts
1,365 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Yup. A lot of us figured that out. Old T8 was a wonderful tier, tons of fun. So much fun that people dawdled, I guess..... so to drive everyone to play BBs at T10, they wrecked T5 and T6 and T8. Sad.

Whats the obsession with game devs wanting us to play the game a certain way?  If t5, 6 and 8 are fun then let it stay fun....dontfk it up just so people meet whatever quota they have...

Members
3,780 posts
14,033 battles
3 hours ago, awiggin said:

It didn't work in my case, I play tiers 6 and 7. However, what it did accomplish in my case was to convince me to never buy anymore tier 8 Premium ships. I already have several that I never play due to being endlessly bottom tiered fodder to tier 10s, so why add more that I'll never play? 'Sides, it's more $$$$ in my wallet.

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

All this started with "protected" tier 4 MM. I really wish it would revert back to +/-3 MM if only for a few days. The forums would crash from all the whining and crying.

It is as simple as this if you are tired of tier 8, progress to tier 9 and so on. If you are tier 10 you can't be uptiered! No more excuses then.

Sign in to follow this