You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HQ_21

WOWS Blitz: BCV Ise

32 comments in this topic

[HIT]
Members
69 posts
5,956 battles

Ise is being given away as a reward ship for an event on wows blitz. It’s a T7 BB with a 14 plane DB group. A video is available on the wows blitz Facebook page.

Edited by HQ_21
video added
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,628 posts
550 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Ise, Ise, baby!

tLHLcfw.jpg

Ee-say.

And meh. The hybrids we're bound to come out eventually. Oyodo will probably hit the game sooner or later too.

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts
3 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

I realize that is how it is pronounced but I was just having a little pun.

fhU420I.gif

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,059 posts
14,457 battles
6 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

Ee-say.

And meh. The hybrids we're bound to come out eventually. Oyodo will probably hit the game sooner or later too.

I don't see aircraft refitted Ise-class arriving.  The upcoming system is very manual oriented requiring dedication, you aren't doing that with controlling your main battery and safely sailing the ship.

Oyodo was a garbage a.f. CL.  I don't see this arriving, a CL with only:

155mm x6

100mm x8

No torpedoes

The Japanese lavished attention on their CAs which are overflowing with guns and torpedoes, but their CLs, well, they were poorly armed.  The only "Ace" IJN CLs had that no other CLs did, were torpedoes.  Oyodo doesn't even have that.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[FGNE]
Members
347 posts
2,467 battles

If it ever comes to PC the CV-hybrid will be an insta-buy for me (Tone also).

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Well hot dog! Subs, new CVS, and now a carrier/bb hybrid (in blitz). Might as well make a WoWs 2 at this point

For the record I would kill for an Ise:cap_look:

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,792 posts
7,006 battles

I like the RTS god view for management of the dive bombers, reminds me of how CVs are implemented in WOWS. Oh, w8..

Pity CV rework will make hybrid battlecarriers impossible to implement in WOWS PC.:Smile_hiding:

But if people don't want Ise and other nations hybrids, well, who am I to argue?

[TBOW]
Members
210 posts
1,876 battles

I’m pretty sure wows has teased hybrid cvs for awhile now and generally along the lines of after the cv work, maybe it will be some weird combination of old/new cv rework to make the planes better controlled while still controlling your ship

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,388 battles

the hybrids use the same mechanic of old Wows CV(from what i can see here on the videos) but somehow after 3 years we didn't get a single one,meanwhile wows blitz is not even one year old and they get one.

[HIT]
Members
69 posts
5,956 battles

Although I have nothing higher than T6 on blitz so I can't speak for the higher tiers, CVs don't seem to be anywhere near as problematic on blitz than on the pc game.

The T4&5 CVs don't even have fighters. DBs are pretty much just point and click. TBs use manual drop, but their alpha strikes are significantly less damaging. Langely doesn't have TBs and Bouge's TB squads are only 4 planes. The IJN squads at this level only have three planes. Cross-dropping is also more difficult. Flooding doesn't happen near as much either.

I only played a few battles in Independence and fighters, from what I can tell, are basically just and area defense (and spot) feature. Kind of like catapult fighters that you can send to a location. No strafing.

They really should've tried something similar with this game. Especially if they toned down the number of squadrons available both for easier micro-management and less spotting. Hybrids look like they'll work just fine in WoWs Blitz. Probably could've worked here with a similar CV game design.

Edited by HQ_21

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,059 posts
14,457 battles
40 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

I like the RTS god view for management of the dive bombers, reminds me of how CVs are implemented in WOWS. Oh, w8..

Pity CV rework will make hybrid battlecarriers impossible to implement in WOWS PC.:Smile_hiding:

But if people don't want Ise and other nations hybrids, well, who am I to argue?

Only way Ise-class comes in to WoWS is as their Non-"CV" refit versions, basically makes them very similar to Fuso-class.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,358 posts
9,527 battles
42 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

No reason why the CV rework makes the hybrids impossible.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,792 posts
7,006 battles
Just now, paradat said:

1st person control of planes, zero direct control of ship. Kinda difficult.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,358 posts
9,527 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Only way Ise-class comes in to WoWS is as their Non-"CV" refit versions, basically makes them very similar to Fuso-class.

Someone did not watch the video.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,059 posts
14,457 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

Have you seen the CV Rework videos?  It's very manual driven, far more than CV-RTS of the current game.  It demands more attention in the upcoming system.  If Ise-class with planes was in the game now, it would work, because the player could just settle for auto-drops and then switch back to sailing and using guns.  Not with the new system.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,358 posts
9,527 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

OK so difficult. I will give you that, big difference from impossible. I do not see a problem. In blitz you jump from surface action to the RTS, in WOWS after the rework you would jump from surface action too the FPS air group. No big deal they have all ready proven the concept.

Members
2,481 posts
2,334 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

Even if they threw out the old RTS methods, I figure they could could still make it so that you command it like you would manual AA/Secondaries. Launch it, ctrl + left click on target, watch it auto drop, repeat.   

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,792 posts
7,006 battles
3 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Even if they threw out the old RTS methods, I figure they could could still make it so that you command it like you would manual AA/Secondaries. Launch it, ctrl + left click on target, watch it auto drop, repeat.   

So, like the Graf Zeppelin? Sounds good. :Smile_glasses:

4 minutes ago, paradat said:

in WOWS after the rework you would jump from surface action too the FPS air group.

so you would be absent from your ship for 2 minutes, unable to return until your squadron had either been shot down, or expended all munitions? (If we go according to what has been revealed about the rework, so far)/

Absent, presumably while exposed to torpedo spreads, gunnery, ramming, fires and floods.

Sounds fine, I mean, if that is what you want. Not for me to object.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,358 posts
9,527 battles
3 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

So, like the Graf Zeppelin? Sounds good. :Smile_glasses:

so you would be absent from your ship for 2 minutes, unable to return until your squadron had either been shot down, or expended all munitions? (If we go according to what has been revealed about the rework, so far)/

Absent, presumably while exposed to torpedo spreads, gunnery, ramming, fires and floods.

Sounds fine, I mean, if that is what you want. Not for me to object.

Well it's a Hybrid lol. Going to have to make choices just like Blitz. Seems doable but yeah would be a little frantic. Probably not harder than playing a CV now with more than 3 squadrons.

Launch planes

Shoot guns

vector planes / Guns reloading

Shoot guns

Make air attack / guns reloading

Shoot guns 

Make second air attack / guns reloading

run into island! crap who put that there.... start reversing 

Launch planes

Shoot guns

etc.....

• Funny 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
34 minutes ago, paradat said:

other than it will make the ships too complex for most players to play usefully.  Nothing in WGs actions has ever indicated that's a direction they are going.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,358 posts
9,527 battles
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

other than it will make the ships too complex for most players to play usefully.  Nothing in WGs actions has ever indicated that's a direction they are going.

Man what is with all the negative waves!

Animated GIF

[SIMP]
Members
1,015 posts
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Ise, Ise, baby!

tLHLcfw.jpg

Nope ^.

44811801981_c940d8bf93_b.jpg

Yep ^.

29 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

We already have Fuso as a six turret BB for the IJN. Ise /Hyuga BBCV would make Wargaming a ton more money than another 'clone' ship. The key here is.... MONEY.