You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Th3KrimzonD3mon

Let's talk plane kills for Dynamo

34 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,952 posts
7,526 battles

So, let's have ourselves a running tally of the max planes we shoot down while doing Dynamo.

I did 57 yesterday with Sims, and just did 78 with Sims. I'd throw the screengrab on here, but I don;t use an image hosting service, so, no. It is, however, up in the SYN Discord.

78 freaking planes is insane.

Edited by Th3KrimzonD3mon

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,746 battles

Impressive. I played only once so far (Sims) and did 50.

Gotta try again!

[-OPS-]
Members
70 posts
4,596 battles

‘I like the sims in this op also...without BFT and AFT  I am getting about 35 planes ,,with 3 defensive fire activations..getting the last few captain points on my fletcher capt...don’t want to re-skill. RPF locates the fast boats early..a waste.

[WOLFC]
Members
180 posts
14,038 battles

Best I've done so far is 41 planes in my Sims.

More impressive I think is the fact that in another game I managed to take down 26 planes in my Haida.

Members
710 posts

if your the only sims in the game, then its very easy to rack up aircraft kills if you have a basic AA build sims and even more so if you have an all-in AA build/AA commander skill sims.

the true test is, the amount of aircraft you shoot down when 2/3 of the team has sims, as then it comes down to positioning, but that is true even for ships with lacklustre AA or short range AA.

[WALLY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
281 posts
10,310 battles

55 in Sims, seems to be the best boat for this Op. Getting great XP, Capt. XP & Free XP numbers all flagged out. This and Cherry Blossom are the XP farm kings IMO.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
1,844 battles

Only ship I have that can do Dynamo is Haida.  Most planes I've shot down with her is 17.

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
49 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I did 57 yesterday with Sims, and just did 78 with Sims. I'd throw the screengrab on here, but I don;t use an image hosting service, so, no. It is, however, up in the SYN Discord.

you don't need a screen hosting service any more you can post up to 50 MB per post now. just drag the files to where it says to drag the files. Hit the plus sign to add the file to the post.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles

Just got out of one with 36 but you must have both BFT & AFT and probably manual AA.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,732 posts
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Just got out of one with 36 but you must have both BFT & AFT and probably manual AA.

I have BFT and AFT, no Manual AA, still hitting 50s

Members
1,923 posts
2,492 battles

I did 175 yesterday with Sims, and just did 178 with Sims. I'd paste the screenshot on here, but I don't use an image hosting service, so no. It is however up in a Discord server I'd like to advertise - the alternative WoWS NA community server discord.

• Bad 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
43 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

I have BFT and AFT, no Manual AA, still hitting 50s

I don't have BFT or AFT on any DD captain that I have and don't feel like spending doubloons to respec one. Besides I am not much of a DD player.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,732 posts
29 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't have BFT or AFT on any DD captain that I have and don't feel like spending doubloons to respec one. Besides I am not much of a DD player.

Sims is  premium so any captain will do, though you may not have her either. Good ship though

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Sims is  premium so any captain will do, though you may not have her either. Good ship though

I have been running my Mahan captain on her which is only 10 points. The Sims is great at killing planes but not so good for killing the Schnellboots.

[WPP]
Members
517 posts
5,462 battles

I've had 2 games in the Aigle with 0 planes shot down.  I've also played just 2 games in the Aigle.
How can you compete with the Sims and C Hulls?!

[STK]
Members
51 posts
5,117 battles

Just shot down 65. I used my Worcester captain with AA mod 2 & AFT only, no BFT or Manual AA. I believe it can be better if spec in full AA build.

mmexport1537482738037.jpg

[S-B-C]
Beta Testers
13 posts
7,835 battles

86 is my best so far but i don't have the AA signal equipped or the superintendent skill. 

86.PNG

[B-BB]
Alpha Tester
7 posts
2,897 battles

I got 83,  in the Monaghan,  don't have manual AA yet.  I think it may be a contender for the Sims position for AA.

I think the trick is to let all the fighters solo the red fighters and not assist and then they all get killed,  then you can freely farm the rest of the planes.

5bb091e805a75_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_09.30-02_03_08_80.thumb.png.7e2faf00706b32ccf1aae449022b7d54.png

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles

I finally respec'd my Sims/Mahan captain. I made a mistake and took concealment expert just out of habit when leveling him up. Finally used some doubloons and got the Manual AA skill along with AFT and BFT that I had before. Makes a big difference, normally get around 50 plane kills but highest is 90 now. Am hoping for a 100 plane kills game before Dynamo runs out. 

Edited by Taylor3006