You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GE_Capital

Clan Battles Levels

6 comments in this topic

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,625 posts
5,956 battles

A game I like to compare WoWS to, League of Legends, is adding a new level to their competitive system, slotted in below their current lowest level of 'Bronze', it is called 'Iron'.

As Warships is a game that closely follows the League of Legends method of balancing around skilled players:

league.thumb.PNG.21f6a0d020ce9b0611ff81dc07c05709.PNG

I think Wargaming should take the initiative this next Clan Battles season to address an issue many weaker clans have voiced concerns over: the difficulty, even at the lowest tiers, of advancing within Clan Wars.  They, too, should be recognized for their progress instead of being kept in "Squall 3 hell". 

As such, I propose adding a new Clan Battles level below Squall, perhaps named 'Breeze', where those clans could be relegated to upon losing too many battles at Squall 3.  In 'Breeze', you would only lose 20% of the normal number of points in a loss to compensate for the all-too-common matches where there are only losers.

Thanks for your attention.

• Funny 1

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,037 battles

Gotta love troll baiting. 

I wouldn't mind having squall league be at tier 8 for newer players to ease into CW though - it might increase participation a bit if they can still play CW while grinding their tier 10s. 

• Bad 1

[DAY]
Members
1,179 posts
11,734 battles

。。。。what?

WG already changed MM so squall only run into other squalls, why do you feel the need to further decrease point loss?

(plus, as rock bottom they dont even lose any point in a loss)

[B2P]
Members
514 posts
13,642 battles
31 minutes ago, _V12 said:

I propose adding a new Clan Battles level below Squall, perhaps named 'Breeze'

'Breeze' league, love it!  :Smile_teethhappy::cap_haloween:

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,101 posts
12,663 battles

While I know this post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, it's worth noting that Hearthstone is also preparing to add additional scaffolding for really new players:

6KC80JNZ451O1537470862918.jpg

It's 25 irrevocable ranks (50-26) before the current bottom rank (25). There are one-time rewards at some of the ranks, but new and existing players can opt out of it if they prefer, and go straight to 25.

I sort of prefer this approach, because it amounts to a "runway" for new players (or teams/clans in this case) to get up and running before going into the general pool. I realize that a smaller game like WoWS has less room to do this (it can't split its matchmaking queue as safely), and there obviously wouldn't be 25 starter ranks, but I do think the concept of giving players some room to get up to speed is a good one.