You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Got the Acasta

7 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,782 battles

So I got the mission to unlock Acasta. So far its been a fun ship. The guns even with IFHE are pretty Meh mainly because 281 and 541 pen hits suck. They just don't deal Alpha damage the way other DD's do. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
1 hour ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Not a fan of Brit DDs so far. Took me 2 battles in the Tier 7 to realize that I never want to play it again. The Blyska, which I have, is far superior in that tier. 

General, I'm not sure that that's a fair comparison.  In my experience, the Blys' guns hit pretty hard. Maybe harder than any other tier 7 DD.  If that's true, then it never seems fair to compare anything else at that tier (in this case, tier 7) to the hardest hitting DD at said tier.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,807 posts
10,315 battles

I've played 1 game in Acasta.

It can't really stealth torp like a Minekaze or even T-22. It can't gunboat half as well as Nicholas. It's handling is ok. Firepower can beat some of the other T5 DD at some ranges.

There's 'Jack of all trades' and then there's 'bad at everything'.

It has no engine boost, but no hydro either. My first experience of the RN smoke is 'it's useless' - at high tiers at least it's less damaging to 'sacrifice' a smoke to radar, but T5? The reds can just move into your smoke and after 40s it's gone and you're toast unless you bailed.

[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
3,822 battles

I got some citadels on a tier 6 cruiser with the tier 6 Icarus and survived long enough to sink it with AP gunfire alone inside 3km (my torps were on cool down)

i thought I wouldn’t survive the engagement but somehow I did.

Members
852 posts
10 battles
2 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

So I got the mission to unlock Acasta. So far its been a fun ship. The guns even with IFHE are pretty Meh mainly because 281 and 541 pen hits suck. They just don't deal Alpha damage the way other DD's do. 

Hey welcome back hehehehe I might log on tonight to see what your doing.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

It's a descent ship. It will make you smile and grimmace between several games.