You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Meeso_Thorny

Dear Wargaming: Do you want my money? No to Super Alsace, yes to Super Jean Bart

25 comments in this topic

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles

Just posting this so that Wargaming knows ahead of time what one of their customers wants.

Bourgogne does not interest me. I do not want a Super Alsace and would not buy it.

However, a Republique with both turrets in the front? A Super Jean Bart?

Spoiler

9NHqCfC.gif

Edited by Meeso_Thorny
  • Bad 3

[-K-]
Members
5,247 posts
9,096 battles

Just pretend the rear turret doesn't exist.

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
6 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Just pretend the rear turret doesn't exist.

Lol I will also pretend the guns are 17" as Des Memes melts me

[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,409 battles
1 hour ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

Just posting this so that Wargaming knows ahead of time what one of their customers wants.

Bourgogne does not interest me. I do not want a Super Alsace and would not buy it.

Reveal hidden contents

9NHqCfC.gif

Minor thread Hijack

What make the JB different from the Richelieu and the Bourgogne different from the Alsace?

Thanks

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
1 hour ago, wstugamd said:

Minor thread Hijack

What make the JB different from the Richelieu and the Bourgogne different from the Alsace?

Thanks

From memory, Jean Bart is going to
1) Be Tier 9, and therefore have an extra mod slot from Richelieu

2) Be "premium," and therefore make more credits than Richelieu

3) Have a faster reload than Richelieu

4) Have a main battery reload booster consumable not available on Richelieu
5) Have a better heal than Richelieu
6) Have better AA than Richelieu

7) Have better secondaries than Richelieu

I could be wrong on some of these details. I don't know anything about Bourgogne but expect basically the same thing

Edited by Meeso_Thorny

[AAA]
Members
427 posts
5,409 battles
8 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

I could be wrong on some of these details. I don't know anything about Bourgogne but expect basically the same thing

Thank you.

JB would be a slight upgrade and premium earner.

From what I can see on Bourgogne it's an Alsace replica. I guess a Salem concept. Minor differences from the tech tree and a  lot of coal.

Can't say I see myself burning free xp or coal on either ship.

Edited by wstugamd

[SVF]
Members
944 posts
1,286 battles
11 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

Jean Bart doesn't have the short cooldown Heal consumable anymore.  Also, JB has slightly better sigma than Richelieu  (1.9 compared to 1.8, it used to be 2.0 though).  JB's max base speed is slower than Richelieu's however (30 knots compared to 32).

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
2 hours ago, landcollector said:

Jean Bart doesn't have the short cooldown Heal consumable anymore.  Also, JB has slightly better sigma than Richelieu  (1.9 compared to 1.8, it used to be 2.0 though).  JB's max base speed is slower than Richelieu's however (30 knots compared to 32).

If they make Jean Bart slower than Richelieu when she historically made even more horsepower I will be upset. What the is the point of giving a carbon copy ship in a higher tier a lower top speed?

Oh well, at least Richelieu still stronk. Wargaming doesn't want my money it's okay WG you have plenty

[SVF]
Members
944 posts
1,286 battles

An A-B turret arrangement for Republique would certainly be more comfortable than A-X as it is currently.  They'd probably make the reload a few seconds longer for balancing purposes though.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,800 posts
10,579 battles
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:52 PM, Meeso_Thorny said:

Reveal hidden contents

9NHqCfC.gif

Well, that is cool for you but not everyone likes all guns forward ships. I would much rather have the Super Alsace at T10 than the Super Richelieu at T9. It's all what you like personally. They are doing both so not sure what your point or complaint here is?

EDIT - missed what you meant. My bad. You would rather have a Super Republique with both turrets in the front than the Super Alsace. Yeah, no thanks.  And be it the T9 or T10 none of them will be available for money. Going to be either FXP, Coal, or Steel. WG has said they won't sell T9 or T10 Premiums and to this point have not done so.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Well, that is cool for you but not everyone likes all guns forward ships. I would much rather have the Super Alsace at T10 than the Super Richelieu at T9. It's all what you like personally. They are doing both so not sure what your point or complaint here is?

EDIT - missed what you meant. My bad. You would rather have a Super Republique with both turrets in the front than the Super Alsace. Yeah, no thanks.  And be it the T9 or T10 none of them will be available for money. Going to be either FXP, Coal, or Steel. WG has said they won't sell T9 or T10 Premiums and to this point have not done so.

It's ok mane

Republique can be Republique and just ignore Dunkerque, Strasbourg, Richelieu and Jean Bart and copy the unbuilt Gascogne instead, makes total sense

I guess I'm in the minority taking issue with that

edit: Oh and ignoring Clemenceau as well

Edited by Meeso_Thorny

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,546 posts

Well they're getting my money, so I guess it balances out    :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1
  • Angry 1

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
2 hours ago, landcollector said:

An A-B turret arrangement for Republique would certainly be more comfortable than A-X as it is currently.  They'd probably make the reload a few seconds longer for balancing purposes though.

Yeah for sure but it would be worth it IMO

Members
706 posts
On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 12:02 AM, Meeso_Thorny said:

If they make Jean Bart slower than Richelieu when she historically made even more horsepower I will be upset. What the is the point of giving a carbon copy ship in a higher tier a lower top speed?

Oh well, at least Richelieu still stronk. Wargaming doesn't want my money it's okay WG you have plenty

more power, different propeller pitch and RPM could result in slower all-out top speed but less speed lost in the turns.

more power doesn't equal more speed on its own if everything else is equal, and if everything else is equal, then the advantage of that extra power will only be seen under acceleration or in turning with less speed being lost.

in essence you have to either turn the propeller shaft faster to get more top speed, else change the propeller blade pitch so it pushes more water at the same RPM to get more top speed, else combinations of both.

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
Just now, b101uk said:

more power, different propeller pitch and RPM could result in slower all-out top speed but less speed lost in the turns.

more power doesn't equal more speed on its own if everything else is equal, and if everything else is equal, then the advantage of that extra power will only be seen under acceleration or in turning with less speed being lost.

in essence you have to either turn the propeller shaft faster to get more top speed, else change the propeller blade pitch so it pushes more water at the same RPM to get more top speed, else combinations of both.

Jean Bart was historically faster than Richelieu and certainly faster than 30 knots. Bismarck never did 31 knots a day in her life but here we are.

Members
706 posts
2 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

Jean Bart was historically faster than Richelieu and certainly faster than 30 knots. Bismarck never did 31 knots a day in her life but here we are.

Jean Bart ultimately didn't enter service until 1955, and most of the speed trials that you could compare between the two French ships were at different displacements, draught and beam, and there was almost 9 years between the speed trials (1940 vs 1949), and if you ignore the difference in displacements, draught and beam Richelieu was recorded at just over 32.5 knots.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,800 posts
10,579 battles
2 hours ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

It's ok mane

Republique can be Republique and just ignore Dunkerque, Strasbourg, Richelieu and Jean Bart and copy the unbuilt Gascogne instead, makes total sense

I guess I'm in the minority taking issue with that

edit: Oh and ignoring Clemenceau as well

Well, Dunkerque, Richelieu, and Jean Bart (WIP) are in the game so how did WG ignore them?

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Well, Dunkerque, Richelieu, and Jean Bart (WIP) are in the game so how did WG ignore them?

You misunderstand

France built four all-guns-forward battleships and laid down another but apparently Gascogne/Republique layout is the national flavor

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
41 minutes ago, b101uk said:

Jean Bart ultimately didn't enter service until 1955, and most of the speed trials that you could compare between the two French ships were at different displacements, draught and beam, and there was almost 9 years between the speed trials (1940 vs 1949), and if you ignore the difference in displacements, draught and beam Richelieu was recorded at just over 32.5 knots.

So at 32.6 knots Jean Bart was faster at a heavier displacement and this means she should be slower than Richelieu in game?

Members
706 posts
Just now, Meeso_Thorny said:

So at 32.6 knots Jean Bart was faster at a heavier displacement and this means she should be slower than Richelieu in game?

the speed trials for Richelieu were at a time the ship was new with a crew not overly familiar with the ship, Jean Bart's were with additional bulges which increased beam but reduced draught for the increased displacement, with an additional almost 10 years of accrued from Richelieu's operation in its shortcomings or drawbacks, done at a time when the world was not at war with the additional benefit of knowledge from around the world from the vast amount of ships built during the war, that's without mentioning that they were conducted in different stretches of water.

most ships get faster over time as the crew learns the ins and out of a new ship, especially fired boiler and steam turbine setups

in essence the speed Jean Bart did post 1949 is NOT indicative of what it would have done in the early 1940's alongside Richelieu, it is also not uncommon for two ships of the same class to run on different propeller setups, as then the only true way to know how a 3, 4 or 5 blade propeller will perform and the advantage (or disadvantage) it would give is to put them on the ship.

so in an alternative history where Jean Bart did more than sit on the bottom, there is NOTHING to stop it being marginally slower in top speed but bleed less speed in turns.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,800 posts
10,579 battles
41 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

You misunderstand

France built four all-guns-forward battleships and laid down another but apparently Gascogne/Republique layout is the national flavor

Maybe WG thinks for the game more players would prefer traditional gun layout vs all forward? I sure do just speaking for myself. They might be trying to put ships in more players would like.

• Boring 1

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
On 9/20/2018 at 10:52 AM, Meeso_Thorny said:

Reveal hidden contents

9NHqCfC.gif

Finally my antics with photoshop has paid off!

T4plrpg.jpg

• Funny 2

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
1 hour ago, Sventex said:

Finally my antics with photoshop has paid off!

T4plrpg.jpg

Super Richlyon?

Someone stop this man, this is madness...XD

Edited by Meeso_Thorny