You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Threat Assessment Thursday - The Royal Navy

44 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
896 posts
5,932 battles

480px-HMS_Belfast_04.jpg

*pictured - HMS Belfast at her permanent dock on the Thames River in London*

With the Royal Navy Arc being celebrated in Patch 0.7.9, which RN ship do you enjoy taking out with the Fleet?

British cruisers, battleships, and destroyers will soon be joined by a new tech tree of Royal Navy destroyers to earn.

With a reputation for dealing deadly firepower combined with durability, a Royal Navy vessel on the horizon equals a formidable foe.

When the Royal Navy gets the call, which royal vessel do you raise the Union Jack into battle with?

"We are so outnumbered there's only one thing to do. We must attack." - Sir Andrew Cunningham, Royal Navy

#threatassessmentthursday

#royalnavy

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,625 posts
5,956 battles

Hood, as the embodiment of failure second only to that of the average Shima player in Ranked.

Nah but Conquerer fun.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,527 posts
4,416 battles

Belfast. It's the RN ship I am most confident can consistently carry braindead potatoes with.

And WG please give Queen Liz some WD40 for her turrets.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,740 battles

Nelson.

iK05gLY.gif

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Members
1,458 posts
12,328 battles

Belfast is of course the best, but enjoy Fiji, Leander and Minotaur on the CL side, Conc, Warspite, and Nelson on BBs, have the Gallant ( but very Meh)

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,809 posts
10,327 battles

RN historic signal - 'Engage the Enemy More Closely'.

WG interpretation - 'Sit static in smoke and spam AP, or sit at range and spam HE'

Radar Minotaur is dashing and exciting, if deeply flawed and liable to disappear at a moments notice. She seems to fit well.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
2,267 posts
6,336 battles

Give me Fiji or give me death!!!

but I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on Her Majesty's Ship Daring

WG Pls Gib Moar Aussie Botes

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,399 posts

So far, Leander and Edinburgh are the only RN ships I've really enjoyed... and even they can be so horribly fragile and have to be played a bit like gunship DDs. 

Fiji is one of those popular ships that I had no hesitation in selling. 

None of the BBs has been more than a ship to do the daily in and grind through to see what's next, currently on the KG and I have a feeling from messing around in PTS that this isn't going to change in tiers 8 to 10.  The lower tier BBs were some of the few ships I put noticeable amounts of "Free" XP into speeding up the grind on, as the slow traverses etc were actively unenjoyable and frustrating to play. 

Not sure I'm going to even bother with the RN DDs, unless a mission for one pops up in a container... I'm already grinding way too many lines and it's taking battles away from some of the middle-tier ships I actively enjoy playing

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,801 posts
7,047 battles

Until recently, Belfast, but then very recently I rediscovered Edinburgh and why she is better (more challenging MM), but for now, Jarvis has stolen my heart.

Once the RN CV tech tree is released, all that will be forgotten.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,108 battles

I don't have the heart to say Belfast, as she makes me feel filthy after playing her.

Gallant seems to fit me well when a DD needs the call, so she should also work well for the upcoming Royal Arc event.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,404 posts
3,583 battles

Any of the tribals in ww2, those ships were work horses plain and simple. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
5,178 posts
18,904 battles

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Nelson is going to be one of .y main end game ships. Just to be able to fire full salvos without giving broadside is nice, and the super heal is like icing on the cake.

Having a blast in the lion right now too. Probably going to sell her for conqueror cash, but I'll bet her back

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
309 posts
3,253 battles

Certainly not Belfast!! Love the ship but playing it I may as well hit W and walk away!! I do love Leander, Fiji (just bought it back and got a Dasha Capt especially for her) and slowing starting to love Minotaur.

Now Gallant has a 13 pt Capt, I love this ship!! Can’t wait to get through the missions to get my early release Lightning.

The Grand Ole Lady can’t be forgotten as she usually treats me well and was my 1st Prem in CBT.

Hood is fun to play sometimes but out of all my RN ships it’s a tough choice between HMS Gallant, HMS Leander and HMS Fiji ... too tough, can’t decide!!

• Cool 1

Members
3,782 posts
14,050 battles
46 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I don't have the heart to say Belfast, as she makes me feel filthy after playing her.

Not me! I always feel GREAT while driving Belfast. Especially when the BB that I've been raining fire and brimstone on looks like a Viking funeral ship. :Smile_playing:

Belfast and Fiji are my favorite RN botes. Leander is a damn good CL too. Nelson and KGV are pretty good BBs. Gallant... She's overall a good DD but I cant seem to get the best out of her.

Overall, with the exception of the botes named above, the RN ships don't impress me.

23 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

Certainly not Belfast!! Love the ship but playing it I may as well hit W and walk away!!

Belfast aint as vastly overpowered as folks claim. She's a excellent bote with a good driver at the keyboard but that can be said for just about any ship in WoWs.

• Cool 3

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
615 posts
7,709 battles

Might as well own it - Orion.  Haven't taken it out in a bit but it's a fun time when I do. :Smile_Default:

When not just burning things: Leander, Queen Elizabeth, Fiji (working up the line)

Very excited for the destroyer line, just got the Acasta mission last night.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
5,178 posts
18,904 battles

I got the Lightning mission from a container. Looks promising, I will know more on Saturday. 

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,204 posts
8,979 battles

Warspite, QE, Hood, Duke of York, and Nelson are all good for me. Have 19 point Jack Dunkirk Captain that has a good build suitable for all of the above BBs. Although Warspite is the primary of the group unless there a lot of CVs then QE takes the lead with the AA.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles
5 hours ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

Give me Fiji or give me death!!!

but I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on Her Majesty's Ship Daring

WG Pls Gib Moar Aussie Botes

It's a fiji.  I'll give you both...with my Belfast

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 1

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

Haven't ground much of the RN lines. Just picked up Danae. She seems to have a good mix of speed and maneuverability. Guns seem decent to. I'll see how far I can grind the RN cruiser line during the event. 

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,246 posts
1,836 battles

HMS Hood, my go to ship when I am having a rough night and want a good battle.

I enjoyed Leander as well and KGV seems good, but not a lot of games in her yet.

• Cool 1

[BBICT]
Members
3,369 posts
3,561 battles

I will be the voice of crazy that likes the Fiji and Ed more than Belfast... 

The Warspite taught me a ton about how to play a BB...I've moved on, but I know she can be a great boat.

I'm trying to talk myself out of the Nelson... I need the Alaska...must...be...strong...

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
2,267 posts
6,336 battles
23 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

It's a fiji.  I'll give you both...with my Belfast

*laughs in just charging and torping you then healing the damage*

• Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles

lol I hear that, I never see it.  Mostly I show them that Belfast has AP too.  They taste good with ketchup.

• Cool 1