Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

How to piss off a Harugumo

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

272
[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,256 battles

This has become my new favorite thing to do while I am playing my Gearing.

I find the enemy Gumo while he is in smoke or wherever they show up run them out of it with torps.

I then keep them detected which is not easy to do when your detect is 5.9 and theirs is 6.2 all over the map lol.

They can never drop off and are constantly taking fire but so far I have made it work and saved my  team a few times a ton of grief as they do not have to be under that constant steady fire.

the ones that choose to not run full concealment are even easier, you just follow them around and back to their team as they try and run for cover all while torping anything else that shows up along the way.

It is not always easy getting that spot and keeping it but when you can you can be one annoying pain in the tail.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,104
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,838 posts
4,729 battles
4 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

This has become my new favorite thing to do while I am playing my Gearing.

I find the enemy Gumo while he is in smoke or wherever they show up run them out of it with torps.

I then keep them detected which is not easy to do when your detect is 5.9 and theirs is 6.2 all over the map lol.

They can never drop off and are constantly taking fire but so far I have made it work and saved my  team a few times a ton of grief as they do not have to be under that constant steady fire.

the ones that choose to not run full concealment are even easier, you just follow them around and back to their team as they try and run for cover all while torping anything else that shows up along the way.

It is not always easy getting that spot and keeping it but when you can you can be one annoying pain in the tail.

I know that trick, and it's best to get you to break off with a wide spread of 12 torps, you basically break off and then spend the next x minutes trying to find him again. 

A good gumo captain is not going to be out in the open, it's basically a poor man's mino with HE, you can tell who played the mino and who didn't. LOADS of people are saying it's broken, but it can be easily countered with torping the cloud, or chasing it about. I rarely run the gumo alone, they work better in pairs...three of them....lolz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
272
[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,256 battles
8 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I know that trick, and it's best to get you to break off with a wide spread of 12 torps, you basically break off and then spend the next x minutes trying to find him again. 

A good gumo captain is not going to be out in the open, it's basically a poor man's mino with HE, you can tell who played the mino and who didn't. LOADS of people are saying it's broken, but it can be easily countered with torping the cloud, or chasing it about. I rarely run the gumo alone, they work better in pairs...three of them....lolz

Ahh but see that is where so many mess up, they get caught out in the open and even the ones that do try and throw out some torps.

I can see when they try it and easily avoid it, many try to run towards a radar cruiser which is wise.

But I know radar ranges and all they accomplish then is letting me spot their cruiser all over the map for my BBs.

So it normally ends up being a Win Win for me.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
592
[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,926 battles

I only have a few games in the Hag, but I can say that on the occasions where YY’s or Gearings tried to trade or spot, they evaporated. 

I have TY and Gearing both and Don’t shoot at Hags unless they’re very near death or already distracted. 1 v 1 they hold the cards. You’d better get the first few salvos in free or have a lot more health if you plan to trade with a Hag like this as a tactic, even if you have help. 

May opinion, having played all three. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,132 battles
33 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I know that trick, and it's best to get you to break off with a wide spread of 12 torps, you basically break off and then spend the next x minutes trying to find him again. 

A good gumo captain is not going to be out in the open, it's basically a poor man's mino with HE, you can tell who played the mino and who didn't. LOADS of people are saying it's broken, but it can be easily countered with torping the cloud, or chasing it about. I rarely run the gumo alone, they work better in pairs...three of them....lolz

That doesn't even bear thinking about. A triple Hargumo div is probably the fastest way to lose karma. The HE cancer would be...over the top.

But it would be lots fun:cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,337
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,831 posts
9,582 battles

Enemy YY tried that in my first game in the Gumo. Unfortunately for them, I run RPF and knew exactly where they were. Charged and spotted them for the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,733 posts
9,882 battles

I have found Harugumo is mostly a free kill to my Shima.  The concealment difference is pretty huge, and most importantly I am able to dictate the terms of spotting in most cases due to across the board better maneuverability.

Torp their smoke, or my favorite spot them then torp them like you do a Worcester.  F3s do bad things to them.

Regardless other DD players need to prioritize hunting down and eliminating these little DPM monsters before they can wreck too much havoc.

Edited by Destroyer_KuroshioKai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,733 posts
9,882 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

That doesn't even bear thinking about. A triple Hargumo div is probably the fastest way to lose karma. The HE cancer would be...over the top.

But it would be lots fun:cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

Drop a Harugumo and add Shimakaze or Yugumo if you are serious about the cancer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
241
[TMS]
Members
1,734 posts
22,077 battles
2 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

This has become my new favorite thing to do while I am playing my Gearing.

I find the enemy Gumo while he is in smoke or wherever they show up run them out of it with torps.

I then keep them detected which is not easy to do when your detect is 5.9 and theirs is 6.2 all over the map lol.

They can never drop off and are constantly taking fire but so far I have made it work and saved my  team a few times a ton of grief as they do not have to be under that constant steady fire.

the ones that choose to not run full concealment are even easier, you just follow them around and back to their team as they try and run for cover all while torping anything else that shows up along the way.

It is not always easy getting that spot and keeping it but when you can you can be one annoying pain in the tail.

Indeed and then  i have teammates time and time again asking me in my Harugumo with 6.2 to go find the shima with 5.6, I just shake my head at the clueless fools and the sad thing there are many of them.

I kill gearings and shimas because they either got radard or spotted by something else or yoloed into me, never because i was trying to hunt one because i can't outspot or out catch them up.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
272
[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,256 battles
1 hour ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Drop a Harugumo and add Shimakaze or Yugumo if you are serious about the cancer.

Oh yeah if when one of those gets locked onto you the feeling of desperation builds up quick.

Also yes there are ways in a Gumo to get yourself out of the bad situation.

But when the person tracking you, shadowing you and driving you nuts also plays the Gumo in their spare time lol.

Well it is hard to out trick the trickster.

I seen a triple Harugumo Div the other day, It failed because None of them could spot the other DDs that were spotting them.

So they all spent the entire time retreating and when they did try to stop and smoke up they were flushed out by torps and respotted and the whole process began again.

 

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
435
[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,495 battles
2 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

This has become my new favorite thing to do while I am playing my Gearing.

I find the enemy Gumo while he is in smoke or wherever they show up run them out of it with torps.

I then keep them detected which is not easy to do when your detect is 5.9 and theirs is 6.2 all over the map lol.

They can never drop off and are constantly taking fire but so far I have made it work and saved my  team a few times a ton of grief as they do not have to be under that constant steady fire.

the ones that choose to not run full concealment are even easier, you just follow them around and back to their team as they try and run for cover all while torping anything else that shows up along the way.

It is not always easy getting that spot and keeping it but when you can you can be one annoying pain in the tail.

Wish you was on me team :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
241
[TMS]
Members
1,734 posts
22,077 battles

It's impossible to be a decent DD player if you don't know what is what and the facts between the different DDs, you can't get good sailing around and relying on luck battle after battle.

Actually you need to know what is what with everything when playing a DD.

Edited by Final8ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
272
[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,256 battles
2 hours ago, Thornir said:

I only have a few games in the Hag, but I can say that on the occasions where YY’s or Gearings tried to trade or spot, they evaporated. 

I have TY and Gearing both and Don’t shoot at Hags unless they’re very near death or already distracted. 1 v 1 they hold the cards. You’d better get the first few salvos in free or have a lot more health if you plan to trade with a Hag like this as a tactic, even if you have help. 

May opinion, having played all three. 

Yeah def shooting is not an option,  even one at 1/4 health can beat you down in a few seconds.

You are just there to track and let some team mate try to nail them as they scurry about trying to get away from you not looking to see where the shells are coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[UEFN]
Members
387 posts
11,701 battles
2 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

Enemy YY tried that in my first game in the Gumo. Unfortunately for them, I run RPF and knew exactly where they were. Charged and spotted them for the team. 

This.

 

when Gearing, YY and even Kagero try to pull that stuff on a RPF Harugumo, when i turned around and charge at them (plus speedboost upgrade module) it didn't take long before i caught up to them for an insta-delete.  lol     I loved it whenever DD attempted to stalk my Harugumo, it's one more free kill for me.

 

A smart Harugumo captain wouldn't sit in the smoke for extended period of time either, not only do smoke invite torps, but more importantly....a mino/worcester could sneak up on one, pop radar, and wipe the Haru off the map in less than 20s.

Edited by Xcalib3r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
241
[TMS]
Members
1,734 posts
22,077 battles

I don't run RPF, but i may try it out.

But last night i got side tracked and played my ranked battles like this, i better sort it out.

4e746j.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,337
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,831 posts
9,582 battles
10 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

I don't run RPF, but i may try it out.

But last night i got side tracked and played my ranked battles like this, i better sort it out.

4e746j.png

I've done that before. Not in ranked though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,104
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,838 posts
4,729 battles
3 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

That doesn't even bear thinking about. A triple Hargumo div is probably the fastest way to lose karma. The HE cancer would be...over the top.

But it would be lots fun:cap_rambo::cap_rambo::cap_rambo:

I honestly think it's not as bad as the trip conq "Ministry of Arson" build....god damn Romulan warbirds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,104
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,838 posts
4,729 battles
3 hours ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Ahh but see that is where so many mess up, they get caught out in the open and even the ones that do try and throw out some torps.

I can see when they try it and easily avoid it, many try to run towards a radar cruiser which is wise.

But I know radar ranges and all they accomplish then is letting me spot their cruiser all over the map for my BBs.

So it normally ends up being a Win Win for me.

That banks on the rest of your team caring to go after the targets of opportunity. 

When I gumo, I wait until people are engaged....then "hit em with the gravy"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,132 battles
52 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I honestly think it's not as bad as the trip conq "Ministry of Arson" build....god damn Romulan warbirds. 

I think hands down that would be the most hated division in WOWS. Can you imagine trying to do ANYTHING against that?

That's so evil it's not even funny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,104
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,838 posts
4,729 battles
Just now, AJTP89 said:

I think hands down that would be the most hated division in WOWS. Can you imagine trying to do ANYTHING against that?

That's so evil it's not even funny

You can't...they sit at range...one fires...cloaks...the next fires...cloaks....the third fires...cloaks.

Done right it's nigh impossible to stop, unless you have a carrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,132 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Venture said:

You can't...they sit at range...one fires...cloaks...the next fires...cloaks....the third fires...cloaks.

Done right it's nigh impossible to stop, unless you have a carrier.

Even then the AA on those things is so good it'd be really hard on the CV. I think a triple asashio division would be the best counter:Smile_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[UEFN]
Members
387 posts
11,701 battles
40 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Even then the AA on those things is so good it'd be really hard on the CV. I think a triple asashio division would be the best counter:Smile_smile:

Shima and Gearing are good DD to counter the HE spamming Conq div, since majority of them are too busy camping, roll slowly or in reverse, DD can keep them perma-spot to be focus fire on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,104
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,838 posts
4,729 battles
57 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

Shima and Gearing are good DD to counter the HE spamming Conq div, since majority of them are too busy camping, roll slowly or in reverse, DD can keep them perma-spot to be focus fire on.

Not really, as it requires you to get close to them and they wont be clustered up.

The MoA build works with the ships spread out over lapping, one fires, cloaks, two fires, cloaks, three fires cloaks, they don't stay lit together, you can try and torp but good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×