You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Eaglesnuke

Musashi worth it??

46 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Members
29 posts
1,741 battles

Its it worth the the price of 750 000 xp or the just wait for another new tier 9 and buy the nelson?

Members
18,366 posts
5,247 battles
1 minute ago, Eaglesnuke said:

Its it worth the the price of 750 000 xp or the just wait for another new tier 9 and buy the nelson?

Or do what I plan to do, spend FXP on Nelson, and stock up coal for Musashi. With the coupon, it's only 132K coal.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Or do what I plan to do, spend FXP on Nelson, and stock up coal for Musashi. With the coupon, it's only 132K coal.

Yeah being able to buy a Musashi for Coal is a great deal since it saves your Free XP for other things that only accept Free XP as payment.

[NGA]
Supertester
186 posts
5,157 battles

The musashi is pretty much a tier 9 yamato. If you already have a yamato, then I dont really see the need for a musashi other than the collectible aspect and the occasional tier 9 match. If you would like to have a more unique expiriance, the kronshtandt is a fairly unique play expiriance in terms of a cruiser. 

But to actually answer your question.... i would probably say no as you can use that free exp to get to the yamato from the fuso (correct me if i am wrong, just an estimate).

P.S. it is worth the coal if you already have the salem.

Edited by EpicLeveler

Alpha Tester
1,303 posts
403 battles
5 minutes ago, Eaglesnuke said:

Either it or mabye Alaska.

Mushashi gets a bad rep becuese it's not a literlly printing press in Ship form. however really it's superior Gun caliber allow it to rack massive damage.

if I had to choose a ship to play, in the current meta, without caring about credits, or XP, between MO, Musashi. I'd pick Musashi. better armor, less prone to citadels. 18inch guns, and with how aircraft are not a gurrentee anymore at high tiers, the worse AA wouldn't be a deal breaker.

However if you want to make a load of credits the might Mo is always going to be better sadly.

[JUICE]
Members
820 posts
6,369 battles

I just got mine with coal the other day. You can accumulate coal pretty fast with all the daily missions and crates.

• Cool 1

Members
1,697 posts
7,234 battles
9 minutes ago, EpicLeveler said:

The musashi is pretty much a tier 9 yamato. If you already have a yamato, then I dont really see the need for a musashi other than the collectible aspect and the occasional tier 9 match. If you would like to have a more unique expiriance, the kronshtandt is a fairly unique play expiriance in terms of a cruiser.

Yamato with legendary module offers different play-style compared to Musashi with the reload module, plus the HSF camo on Musashi makes her best elite captain XP farmer in the game.  The difference in tier is pretty important, especially considering the MM weight (the other team often ends up with less potent T9 BB).

[WOLF2]
Members
26 posts
5,665 battles

It also depends if you have limited credits.  Musashi is a slightly nurfed Yamato at T-9 but, unless you are very good, you probably can not play continuous Yamato matches without draining your credits (possibly even with a premium account).   Musashi, on the other hand, has very good credit earning potential even on a standard account.  I typically clear 200 to 300k credits per match and I do not have a premium account.  I enjoy playing it and use it to fund tech tree ship purchases.  Plus, get the added benefit of getting the occasional T-9 match where Musashi can be an absolute terror.

• Cool 1

Members
18,366 posts
5,247 battles
14 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah being able to buy a Musashi for Coal is a great deal since it saves your Free XP for other things that only accept Free XP as payment.

That, and I can grind enough FXP to get close to 375K. At that point, I'll run out of appropriate signals and camo.

Not going to grind another 375K (or 750K) with nothing but prem. acct. and Papa Papa signals lol.

[WOLF2]
Members
26 posts
5,665 battles
8 minutes ago, Xplato said:

Either it or mabye Alaska.

Mushashi gets a bad rep becuese it's not a literlly printing press in Ship form. however really it's superior Gun caliber allow it to rack massive damage.

if I had to choose a ship to play, in the current meta, without caring about credits, or XP, between MO, Musashi. I'd pick Musashi. better armor, less prone to citadels. 18inch guns, and with how aircraft are not a gurrentee anymore at high tiers, the worse AA wouldn't be a deal breaker.

However if you want to make a load of credits the might Mo is always going to be better sadly.

Even in a CV match I am usually not concerned.  With the high prevalence of US cruisers, right now, all you have to do is park a few kms from the nearest Wooster and you are perfectly safe.  Plus, unless you have a complete potato as a CV driver on your team, most of your CV teammates know to look out for Musashi and Kron.  I get a lot more fighter help in the Musashi than any other ship.  

Members
18,366 posts
5,247 battles
11 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

I just got mine with coal the other day. You can accumulate coal pretty fast with all the daily missions and crates.

Yeah, I just started doing resource crates yesterday, but I've already accumulated 40K coal since the arsenal opened.

FXP has been going well too. Gone from 65K to 200K in about 10 matches, didn't realise that you could rack it up that fast.

[JUICE]
Members
820 posts
6,369 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Yeah, I just started doing resource crates yesterday, but I've already accumulated 40K coal since the arsenal opened.

FXP has been going well too. Gone from 65K to 200K in about 10 matches, didn't realise that you could rack it up that fast.

Those new signal flags will really ramp up free xp as well. I used every anniversary token on them. lol

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
119 posts
2,073 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Is there a certain ship you've been playing that has helped you accumulate FXP so quickly?  That seems ridiculously quick to have earned that much in so few battles.  Of course my main ships are tier 5 BBs so maybe by comparison that's why your accounting seems so amazing to me.

Members
1,697 posts
7,234 battles
7 minutes ago, Altwar said:

Is there a certain ship you've been playing that has helped you accumulate FXP so quickly?  That seems ridiculously quick to have earned that much in so few battles.  Of course my main ships are tier 5 BBs so maybe by comparison that's why your accounting seems so amazing to me.

I made 637,089 free XP in the 4 days since 9/15 (did not play today).  I did it in high damage T9/T10 ships using the best camo and signals I had in combination with 200% for wins event.  I no longer have any of those super cool signals, they are all gone.  No regrets: 9/15 was when I spend all my free XP on Kronshtadt, and I already have Missouri, Musashi, and Nelson in port.

Members
18,366 posts
5,247 battles
4 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

Those new signal flags will really ramp up free xp as well. I used every anniversary token on them. lol

If only I had realised the power of stacking signals before shelling out for the Edin camo.....

1 minute ago, Altwar said:

Mostly Hindenburg, but also Gneisenau, and Chapayev.

It's all about stacking signals and camo. Put your best FXP bonus camo on, (if you have one, best bonus XP if not, I used the 2018 Gamescom camo) and then Ouroboros, Hydra, Leviathan, and Papa Papa signals. Use as many bonus XP signals in the last 4 spots as possible. (I used Scylla, Basilisk, Red Dragon, and ESCL) and only play it until you win. (for 200% XP bonus)

Hindy rolled in about 25K per win, Chappy and Gneisenau about 15-18K. I did play Bayern once, and it netted 10K.

Key is, play the highest tier ships you are comfortable with, (I played CM, first time, did horribly and only got 3K) and only play for first win.

Also, as a side effect, use ships with captains that you want trained, or with 19-point captains. That 25K FXP game in Hindenburg got me 39K commander XP.

You'll get lesser results with lower tier ships, and you want your winning games to be at least average.

The other thing is, I'm at a point where I don't need FXP for anything else for awhile, (I have 3 ships purchased and upgraded, but no captains yet) I know when I was grinding new ships, no way could I have saved it up, I needed it for upgrades.

• Cool 1

Members
18,366 posts
5,247 battles
20 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I no longer have any of those super cool signals, they are all gone.

I hear you, I'm down to 3 Ouroboros...:Smile_sad:

Members
292 posts
51 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yea but then you aren't saving for the Salem and they might rotate it out or add other stuff in the future?

Members
292 posts
29 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

Yea I didn't get a chance to do that before it ended; all these overlapping events, anniversary, week long sale, and RN stuff confused the living crap out of me and I had no idea I had to spend them before yesterday.

WG is terrible about communicating this crap and I almost suspect they make it a nightmare to figure out unless you read the fine print on purpose. Extremely frustrating.

Members
18,366 posts
5,247 battles
6 minutes ago, TheLastReaper said:

Yea but then you aren't saving for the Salem and they might rotate it out or add other stuff in the future?

This is true, but I'm not really interested in Salem, and sure, maybe something will come out I wish I'd saved for instead, but maybe I'd save that coal, and nothing would come out that I wanted.

Musashi will at least give me a taste of Yamato, and help me decide if it's worth the agony of Izumo.

Edited by Skpstr

[UEFN]
Members
391 posts
11,871 battles

if you're half decent in playing BB you still can earn close to 1mil credits with a few signals/flags even on a defeated battle.  so yes i'd say the Musashi is worth getting, even if you already have the Yamato.  

[UEFN]
Members
391 posts
11,871 battles
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Musashi will at least give me a taste of Yamato, and help me decide if it's worth the agony of Izumo.

Yamato with the Legendary upgrade is much more effective in mid to long range engagement/snipping, but in close range the Musashi is practically the same as Yamato.  Plus the Musashi get to bully tier 7 BB.  lol

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
119 posts
2,073 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

If only I had realised the power of stacking signals before shelling out for the Edin camo.....

Mostly Hindenburg, but also Gneisenau, and Chapayev.

It's all about stacking signals and camo. Put your best FXP bonus camo on, (if you have one, best bonus XP if not, I used the 2018 Gamescom camo) and then Ouroboros, Hydra, Leviathan, and Papa Papa signals. Use as many bonus XP signals in the last 4 spots as possible. (I used Scylla, Basilisk, Red Dragon, and ESCL) and only play it until you win. (for 200% XP bonus)

Hindy rolled in about 25K per win, Chappy and Gneisenau about 15-18K. I did play Bayern once, and it netted 10K.

Key is, play the highest tier ships you are comfortable with, (I played CM, first time, did horribly and only got 3K) and only play for first win.

Also, as a side effect, use ships with captains that you want trained, or with 19-point captains. That 25K FXP game in Hindenburg got me 39K commander XP.

Thank you for the detailed reply, Skpstr!  I'll get a lot of value out of this as I put my signals to better use.   

While I don't have a ship that I can play well in the upper tiers (I get the stuffing kicked out of me in the Cleveland) or a high point captain  (my highest is 13 points),  I do have a fair amount of signals that I've won (Red Dragon, etc.) and can put my Texas, Guilio, and New Mexico ships to work with more focus to boost my existing pile of 240k FXP.    I've been saving that for one of the 750k FXP ships but it does seem like a very long time before I'll be close.  Meanwhile I'm 30ish thousand coal away from the Musashi, which doesn't seem so far away.

[NGA]
Supertester
186 posts
5,157 battles
55 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Yamato with legendary module offers different play-style compared to Musashi with the reload module, plus the HSF camo on Musashi makes her best elite captain XP farmer in the game.  The difference in tier is pretty important, especially considering the MM weight (the other team often ends up with less potent T9 BB).

I am sorry, I dont exactly see the play style of yamato/musashi being different at all. I find success in staying out at 16-18 km and hugging an island just laying down a beating on any and all ships.

With the HSF camo, it does give an absolute crap ton of elite exp.... but seeing as how the hsf camos as of this last update, he can no longer get this permanent camo.

The difference in tier, is one of the reasons that I did mention in my post.

[1-]
Members
578 posts
3,361 battles

Yes absolutely. Unlike the sniping Nelson, with Musashi you can push aggressively like she is a Bismarck. Except with Bismarck you have main guns and secondary guns, and with Musashi you have main guns and very lol-penning main guns.:Smile_teethhappy: