You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
XturbohawkX

Did I miss something? British DD line STILL not released??

19 comments in this topic

[WARHK]
[WARHK]
Members
43 posts
2,625 battles

I guess WG's idea of releasing something is much different than mine. When can we start that line?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,851 posts
1,332 battles

In about a month, next patch.  0.7.10, afaik.

[HECA]
Members
16 posts
2,346 battles

You can get early access to the tier 5-8 DDs by getting the mission out of the containers you earn in the event. Other than that, you have to wait until 7.10

[PVE]
Members
9,759 posts
7,472 battles
7 minutes ago, XturbohawkX said:

I guess WG's idea of releasing something is much different than mine. When can we start that line?

This patch 7.9, has early access missions for the UK DDs. Next patch, 7.10 on Oct 17th, releases the full UK DD line. It is like the French BB event from earlier tihs year. 

Get all your info here.

[WARHK]
[WARHK]
Members
43 posts
2,625 battles

Oh...devil's in the details that are as clear as mud in the release notes.  Thanks for the clarifications!

[HINON]
Supertester
19,225 posts
12,756 battles
16 minutes ago, XturbohawkX said:

RNDDs were never planned nor announced for a 7.9 release.

• Cool 1

[WARHK]
[WARHK]
Members
43 posts
2,625 battles
Well...they confused me by releasing SOME DD's...I assumed that the entire line would have been "opened" by this move. Why do I feel like I've been fooled?

I feel like I went to a business because of an ad selling a product at a great price, but, they never had it nor will they for an indefinite time.

Members
18,247 posts
5,219 battles
15 minutes ago, XturbohawkX said:

I feel like I went to a business because of an ad selling a product at a great price, but, they never had it nor will they for an indefinite time.

Basically, you looked at the hype poster, and missed the "pre-order now" tag.

Some will receive pre-release demo models before they're available for general sale.

[PVE]
Members
9,759 posts
7,472 battles
16 minutes ago, XturbohawkX said:
Well...they confused me by releasing SOME DD's...I assumed that the entire line would have been "opened" by this move. Why do I feel like I've been fooled?

I guess that is from the 7.9 patch notes.

WG never said that the full line was coming out on patch 7.9. People assumed that and are now mad that they come up patch 7.10 and early access is patch 7.9.

In the RN Rules here was the section on the Combat Missions for British DDs.

Combat Missions to Obtain British Destroyers
Apart from their usual contents, Royal Navy containers can drop a combat mission to obtain one of the following ships: Tier V Acasta, Tier VI Icarus, Tier VII Jervis, and Tier VIII Lightning.

These missions will be extremely simple. For Tier V you'll need to earn 10,000 base XP in Random, Ranked, and Co-op Battles and Operations. For Tier VI—12,000 base XP, for Tier VII—14,000 base XP, and for Tier VIII—16,000 base XP. The destroyers will arrive in your Port as soon as you complete the mission, together with a commander with 3 skill points and a port slot.

The combat missions will be available until November 19. Please note that the destroyers will be credited in their base configuration with their modules completely researched and purchased, but you won't be able to research the next ship in the branch in Update 0.7.9. You can only accumulate the experience necessary to research the next ship and unlock it once Update 0.7.10 is released. Any British commander can helm the destroyers without retraining, but only until the release of Update 0.7.10.

If you complete a British destroyer mission after the release of Update 0.7.10 and this ship is already in your Port, you'll receive compensation in credits equal to the base cost of the ship with all active discounts.

Should they have come out and stated UK DDs released 7.10? Yeah, would have saved them some grief, but I think it is pretty clear if you read that section, the UK DD line is NOT coming out 7.9.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/

[WARHK]
[WARHK]
Members
43 posts
2,625 battles
37 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Should they have come out and stated UK DDs released 7.10?

Definitely. I read the whole section and It was not clear to me AND a lot of other people. Hence this topic post.

The ASSuming that goes on...and the presumptuousness...my oh my.

[PVE]
Members
9,759 posts
7,472 battles
3 minutes ago, XturbohawkX said:

Definitely. I read the whole section and It was not clear to me AND a lot of other people. Hence this topic post.

The ASSuming that goes on...and the presumptuousness...my oh my.

YMMV and evidently does.  :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Kizarvexis

[ARGSY]
Members
6,338 posts
4,264 battles
3 minutes ago, XturbohawkX said:

I read the whole section and It was not clear to me AND a lot of other people.

Strange. It was very clear to me.

With both Sovereign premiums already in my port, I have every incentive to shovel any sovereigns I earn at arsenal crates for early unlocks. Yes, I know I could try for enough to get the doubloon values of the Warspite or Gallant back, but I consider the Warspite in particular well paid for on a dollars-for-XP-earned basis and am prepared to call those costs sunk (pun intended). If I can get one early enough, I intend to run my 19 pointer in it while it's still a pseudo-premium (and then get him the hell out before the next patch drops).

[A_51]
Members
268 posts
13,059 battles

That's just peachy, considering a UK destroyer is required to complete the first set of Royal Navy missions.

[PVE]
Members
9,759 posts
7,472 battles
6 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

That's just peachy, considering a UK destroyer is required to complete the first set of Royal Navy missions.

NO IT IS NOT. You have to complete 3 of the 5 Missions to complete the Directive as you will see IN the Directive at the top of the screen. ONLY ONE Missions is UK DD only. For ALL FOUR Directives and almost certainly for ALL the rest of the Directives, you can complete the Directive WITHOUT a UK DD.

Having a UK DD gives you Draconic flags yes. But if you get an early access UK DD mission, then you are good. Not to mention that the UK DD line comes out on Oct 17th, so for 2/3 of the event EVERYONE will have access to T5+ UK DD whether or not they have Gallant or get an early access UK DD.

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
268 posts
13,059 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

NO IT IS NOT. You have to complete 3 of the 5 Missions to complete the Directive as you will see IN the Directive at the top of the screen. ONLY ONE Missions is UK DD only. For ALL FOUR Directives and almost certainly for ALL the rest of the Directives, you can complete the Directive WITHOUT a UK DD.

You didn't read my comment carefully.  I said a UK DD is required to COMPLETE the missions.  I wasn't referring to the minimum number of missions required to advance to the next stage.

[PVE]
Members
9,759 posts
7,472 battles
2 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

You didn't read my comment carefully.  I said a UK DD is required to COMPLETE the missions.  I wasn't referring to the minimum number of missions required to advance to the next stage.

Here is what you said.

19 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

There are 5 of the 25 Missions in this Stage that are UK DD Missions. Did you mean that you want to complete ALL the Missions as you are a completist, no that wasn't really clear. If you must complete every last mission, you can get Gallant for $22.71 in the shop. Or you can put your Sovereigns you earn back into crates in the hope of getting an early access mission, but I would not recommend that path.

So, you miss out on one patches worth of UK DD Missions, which looks to be roughly 20 of the 100 Missions during the 7.9 patch. If you get a UK early access DD, then you can get some of them as well. Wow, people complain that there is nothing for people who spend money and time on the game, but when something comes along that does that, people still complain.

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
268 posts
13,059 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Here is what you said.

There are 5 of the 25 Missions in this Stage that are UK DD Missions. Did you mean that you want to complete ALL the Missions as you are a completist, no that wasn't really clear. If you must complete every last mission, you can get Gallant for $22.71 in the shop. Or you can put your Sovereigns you earn back into crates in the hope of getting an early access mission, but I would not recommend that path.

Yes, that is what I said.  It was completely clear.  The problem is with your reading comprehension. 

Each mission has its own rewards, so there is no reason not to do all of them.

[PVE]
Members
9,759 posts
7,472 battles
3 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Yes, that is what I said.  It was completely clear.  The problem is with your reading comprehension. 

Each mission has its own rewards, so there is no reason not to do all of them.

Then buy Gallant for $22.71 or pray to RNGsus to get an early access UK DD if you must complete all the missions. You do not have to complete all of them to complete the event in any case.