You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sensai_Lawrence

can't wait for subs!

3 comments in this topic

Members
239 posts

I'm curious how it will look from a sub's perspective when a surface ship sinks.  I've always found it weird the way that a boat can submerge while beached - you'd think they'd hit the bottom rather than sinking.  I can't wait to see how they implement the different depths and whatnot.

BRING ON THE SUBS.  NO MERCY.  

Members
2,492 posts
5,479 battles
46 minutes ago, Sensai_Lawrence said:

I'm curious how it will look from a sub's perspective when a surface ship sinks.  I've always found it weird the way that a boat can submerge while beached - you'd think they'd hit the bottom rather than sinking.  I can't wait to see how they implement the different depths and whatnot.

BRING ON THE SUBS.  NO MERCY.  

You raise some interesting points here.....More than likely you will see a ships sinking but after a while it will vanish from sub underwater view. It would take too much rendering power to keep track of those ships. NOW if the ship was near the shore...I think it will be the same procedure. Right now many of the islands are mere pedestals with no base like their floating on water. But some islands have now translucent shallow areas now which would be shallow water areas. WOW may be reworking some islands I think.  Well we will see how this issue is rendered in the release!