Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rafael_azuaje

USS TEXAS looks Greats with your CATAPULT

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

54
[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
640 posts
18,541 battles

thanks to WG for the work of the catapult of uss texas, now the boat was much better with his seaplane.

VjyPWo3.jpeg

mLhafxw.jpeg

WdxBTge.jpeg

CSindbh.jpeg

the only thing they have to adjust is the plane mounted on the catapult, and put the correct plane

An OS2U Kingfisher scout plane is seen before launch atop the middle turret of USS Texas while at Iwo Jima, February 1945

/013535b.jpg9

 

WG= 9/10 POINTS excellent work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
319
[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Honestly I dont care if it has a plane or not, but the catapult alone looks very pretty. I believe Bayern, New York, and one or two others got one (I think on their turret)

Edited by _1204_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,718 posts
8,150 battles
28 minutes ago, rafael_azuaje said:

thanks to WG for the work of the catapult of uss texas, now the boat was much better with his seaplane.

VjyPWo3.jpeg

mLhafxw.jpeg

WdxBTge.jpeg

CSindbh.jpeg

the only thing they have to adjust is the plane mounted on the catapult, and put the correct plane

An OS2U Kingfisher scout plane is seen before launch atop the middle turret of USS Texas while at Iwo Jima, February 1945

/013535b.jpg9

 

WG= 9/10 POINTS excellent work!

Epic! Is this a spotter plane or catapult fighter?

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CVA16]
Members
2,316 posts
9,900 battles

Question to the aviation buffs, what is the tube through the windshield of the plane for?  Also, the two items under the wings (NOT the floats!). Seem small for gas tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,789 battles

Oh, right!  That's what I meant to go back and look at last night when I got home.  Maybe today since it'll finally be before 7 o'clock.

33 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

the catapult alone looks very puffy.

Is that... uhm... good?

-R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
319
[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
13 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

 

Is that... uhm... good?

-R

Damn autocorrect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,789 battles
3 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Damn autocorrect

lol.png

(sorry, out of reactions for the day.  Again.  I wonder how many doubloons it costs to refill my allotment.)

-R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
640 posts
18,541 battles
3 hours ago, Crokodone said:

Epic! Is this a spotter plane or catapult fighter?

spotter plane ,bro but help much up range fire and watch the torps enemy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[HEAVY]
Beta Testers
3 posts
3,436 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Question to the aviation buffs, what is the tube through the windshield of the plane for?  Also, the two items under the wings (NOT the floats!). Seem small for gas tanks.

The tube through the windshield is a telescopic gun sight and I'm not positive but i think the things under the wings are depth charges.

5ba3e50a6f0c4_shot2018_09_2011_13_12.thumb.jpg.140f0da977134b587fa40939ab263b5b.jpg5ba3e51aa8744_shot2018_09_2011.14_09.thumb.jpg.d9bb48b4bf67a44aa4f6c7c42dca7b72.jpg

The photos are from War Thunder because they where the easiest to use as an example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CVA16]
Members
2,316 posts
9,900 battles
57 minutes ago, Maj_CoE said:

The tube through the windshield is a telescopic gun sight

Thanks. Thought it might be but it looked too small (thin). Looks a bit bigger from the cockpit view. 

Could the under wing items be life rafts/survival gear? Something to drop if you see somebody in the water. Shape seems weird for bombs, DC or fuel tanks.

Edited by Sabot_100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
180 posts
7,810 battles
On 9/20/2018 at 3:27 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Thanks. Thought it might be but it looked too small (thin). Looks a bit bigger from the cockpit view. 

Could the under wing items be life rafts/survival gear? Something to drop if you see somebody in the water. Shape seems weird for bombs, DC or fuel tanks.

I think we're looking at a practice bomb dispenser. A fellow who goes by Thommy Thomason runs a blog on oddball naval aviation topics with a series literally called Things Under Wings. It's my go-to when I see a picture with a strange underwing store. 
http://thanlont.blogspot.com/2014/07/things-under-wings-training-wheels.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CVA16]
Members
2,316 posts
9,900 battles
40 minutes ago, rapier_ape said:

I think we're looking at a practice bomb dispenser.

We may have a winner!

Contrary to the cited article, always heard it was tougher to learn rockets than guns. The rockets dropped a lot faster after launch (they weren't as fast so took more time to get to target) so your aimpoint had to be somewhat higher. Very range dependent. Either was much easier than getting bombs on target from a fighter however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

Best I could find was the MK-47 miniature practice bomb rack.  But the one on that plane still looks a bit more wider and not as long, moresquare than cigar shaped really... Perhaps the angle?  Can't be 100% sure.  Trying to figure it out started me down the rabbit hole of information though

https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/ref/AircraftArmament/index.html

http://www.nebraskaaircrash.com/practicebombs/anmk43.html

Edited by vonKaiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
180 posts
7,810 battles
23 hours ago, vonKaiser said:

Best I could find was the MK-47 miniature practice bomb rack.  But the one on that plane still looks a bit more wider and not as long, moresquare than cigar shaped really... Perhaps the angle?  Can't be 100% sure.  Trying to figure it out started me down the rabbit hole of information though

https://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/ref/AircraftArmament/index.html

http://www.nebraskaaircrash.com/practicebombs/anmk43.html

Yeah, I'm going to forward this to some of the Flight Deck Veterans guys who helped restore the Kingfisher that sits on North Carolina's fantail.
*Check out the above Hyperlink for some great photos of the OS2U*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,388
[RLGN]
Members
8,307 posts
17,365 battles
On 9/20/2018 at 9:25 AM, _1204_ said:

Honestly I dont care if it has a plane or not, but the catapult alone looks very pretty. I believe Bayern, New York, and one or two others got one (I think on their turret)

Wyoming too.

I read somewhere this was going to happen, but when did it actually drop? One of the last updates or two ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×