You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ellmer_Fudd

If subs are introdduced - what will you do?

Subs a good idea or not?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. If subs are introduced to normal gamplay, will you keep playing World of Warships?

• Yes
    • Not right now - I will see how it plays out and see if it is worth playing
    • No
    • No and I will uninstall the game
  2. 2. If you had the option of only playing matches where subs were not allowed, would you enable this setting?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not important
  3. 3. If subs were ONLY used in specific missions like hunting convoys or destroyer vs sub, would that be acceptable?

• Yes
    • Yes - only if Crusiers, Battleships, and carriers are never allowed to interact with submarines in a game
    • No
  4. 4. Should subs only be used for special events like the one they are doing for Halloween?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Should submarines be introduced to World of Warships at all?

• Yes
    • Yes - if only used in specific conditions
    • No

115 comments in this topic

Members
89 posts
947 battles

I'm going to put this plainly as possible - if submarines are introduced to the game, will you keep playing or not?

------------------

Personally I will leave the game. In the past I've made my position on this quite strongly. Introducing submarines is a bad idea all around.

Thoughts? Vote and let your opinion be known.

Edited by Ellmer_Fudd
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,245 posts
12,789 battles

"what will you do?"

Get a headache from rolling my eyes at all the threads. Won't stop playing though. Probably.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,262 posts
8,868 battles

Going to wait and see how it pans out. It's way too soon to conjecture whether it will be good or not. That being said, I am not playing much, mostly due to the fact that I believe players should be compensated better on the losing team if placed in the top three spots at the end of the game. 

I usually play 1-3 games nowadays, get disgusted with the team and log out. Maybe subs can bring me back, but I suspect it to be a novelty...but who knows.

• Cool 1

Members
89 posts
947 battles

Let me point out a few things they will need to deal with if subs are bought in:

1. Running aground - While underwater that would be just giggles of fun
  2. You are in a sub and you get hit by a Yamato's 18 inch shell. It would pass through yet you just got a huge hole in your hull. You need to dive. ummm.... can we say hello bottom?
  3. How many subs were equipped with guns? Guns that can actually do damage to something like a Cruiser or BB?
  4. Get hit in the front or rear with an high explosive shell and BOOM. You got magged.
  5. Remember depth charges only needed to get within 30 feet to crack the hull of a sub. Think what an explosive shell from a North Carolina or just a low level cruiser would do to it. That shell would go boom AND from the force of the impact alone tear a huge hole in the hull.
  6. Remember the torps in American subs had a horrible fail rate early on? Now would that be fun if they put that mechanic in? I shoot a ship, I see the torp hit only to be told the torp was a dud. Lovely.
  7. I'm playing a battleship. Out of nowhere torps hit me and I'm flooding. Now this is bad enough with DDs but now I have to deal with subs too? Joy.
  8. Ramming a sub. A DD could split one like a grape.
  9. To render ONE ship in the game takes like 6 months of work from a developer. Now how many ships would need to be touched to add subs and correct balancing?
  10. You are underwater - if your sub is not showing it's periscope you have NO idea where anyone is.
  11. Radio communications in subs do NOT work underwater. So....again - you have no idea where anyone is.
  12. I could see team killing of subs being a real problem seeing how many people hate them. They would hate them worse than SPGs in WoT and in that game they get lots of grief.

There are loads more things to point out....

[FGNE]
Members
353 posts
2,492 battles

I’ll continue playing...

its not going to be the end of the world ... again (i.e OWSF, RPF, Asashio, etc.)

[ONAVY]
Members
775 posts
6,317 battles

Subs...hell yea I do it all baby!...BB main, well trained in DD and Cruisers...My Midway is Kool...hell yea Sub me up!

Don't be scared peeps...

Edited by C_D

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

Okay IF Wargaming can bring in as a balanced, rewarding and fun Submarine vs. Surface Combat element to the game. AND without buffing/nerfing/the crap out of the era's Submarines (WWI/WWII) - no extra speed, no extra oxygen, no extra etc., I am all for it. 

If WG can bring in a effective ASW weapons for current ships, I am all for it.

If not leave then please them as part of an Operation.

Will I continue to play, if they do not? Too Early to tell.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,710 posts
8,135 battles
39 minutes ago, Ellmer_Fudd said:

I'm going to put this plainly as possible - if submarines are introduced to the game, will you keep playing or not?

------------------

Personally I will leave the game. In the past I've made my position on this quite strongly. Introducing submarines is a bad idea all around.

Thoughts? Vote and let your opinion be known.

God willing indubitably and the first patch, first hour first day they are released upon the synthetic deeps of wows.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,775 posts
5,809 battles

Im out unless they are mission/special event only......uninstall, out...bye.

Bringing in subs now changes everything, back to beta stage....no thanks. 

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

I feel like this is the same guy that burnt his nike shoes

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,356 posts
4,288 battles

Question 4 is difficult because one should never say never. An "uncertain" option might have been nice.

Until a whole bunch of questions are asked and answered to the satisfaction of the player base, I think they should NOT be in routine PVP play. But we need to stop speculating too much more until after the Halloween event, when we have at least had a chance to drive them. Bear in mind that this will be in grossly overpowered subs compared to what we get in game, just as the Halloween ships are grossly OP with special abilities we never see in normal play.

[-V1-]
Members
165 posts
4,633 battles

As with any major change, and I do believe this would be one, there will be bugs to work out and rebalancing to do.    Regardless of the amount of "testing" only when played in real games with the broad span of real players will all the bugs and imbalances be discovered.    So I would recommend patience, positive input amongst all the captains to better the play between subs, surface,  airplanes.    GO FOR IT WOWS! 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,851 posts
13,070 battles

Last three poll questions need a "don't care" or "NA".  As they are now they require one take a position.  A non position..IS a position.  

If subs are implemented well, I'll play them.  I'll deal with them.  They'll be one more variable.  As many other posts have mentioned, the key is HOW they are implemented, and how they will affect the game. That's the key.  Can WG pull it off in a manner that works?

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
1,117 posts
4,244 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I will play till it is not fun.

Best possible answer.

But I do see balancing subs as an impossible task.

• Cool 1

Members
1,817 posts
816 battles
Just now, kgh52 said:

Best possible answer.

But I do see balancing subs as an impossible task.

HEY? Was it impossible after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Making them not OP and fun enough to play that people will spend the time (and money) to play them will be the issue.

It hasn't worked for CV's yet.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,011 posts
9,077 battles

So people are losing their minds over a 20 knot destroyer with one Torpedo launcher, but have no problem with having 4 torpedo followed 4 bomb attacks back to back with the new CV rework. I’m sure it will be pretty fun getting 4+ floods and fires spread over a 2 minute period and dying of DOT damage.

Edited by SavageTactical

[FOXEH]
Members
3,363 posts
12,175 battles

My only concern with subs is .... Well I guess I don't have any concerns. Bring them on and let's have at them!

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,789 battles
56 minutes ago, C_D said:

Don't be scared peeps...

This.

Also +1000 for the Enigma: Rising Tide video.  That game didn't deserve its fate.

Sorry I'm out of responses for the day.  Does it seem like we're getting less of these to anybody else?

-R

• Cool 1

Members
906 posts
10 battles

The Asashio should have shown us all a valuable lesson. All the vitriol and prophecies of doom turned out to be much to do about nothing. So I am going to stay neutral and take a wait and see approach. 

• Cool 1