Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
steelers_rule_2018

Off target aiming when you are shooting over another target..

11 comments in this topic

Members
120 posts
2,293 battles

HI guys-

I have noticed most recently in my Yamato that when i am trying to shoot over the foreground target to the background target which are both sailing broadside to me if i line up the cursor target line on the background target it misses entirely and often either 1) - sprays the foreground target or 2)- shoots somewhere in-between. IT IS NO WHERE NEAR WHERE MY TARGET LINE IS.. This happens more frequently than i think it should considering the Yammy is usually very accurate. 

Shooting AP - have you guys seen this? Is this a known bug?

Members
120 posts
2,293 battles

Target lock was already selected. I will deselect and see what happens. Maybe i was hitting x inadvertently idk. OR Arms race is just doing weird things like i think it is doing. 

Edited by steelers_rule_2018

[HINON]
Supertester
19,249 posts
12,800 battles
1 hour ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

I am not pressing X or lock or whatever it is.

So, do. Shots auto-adjust a bit towards the target you're locked on to specifically to aid in pinpointing specific targets in a cluster.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,855 posts
13,070 battles

There are actually TWO target zones in WOWS.  One is the zone of the locked target. The other is the zone of an unlocked target.  When a target is locked, a scaled zone is established around the target.  This scale is DIFFERENT than the scale without a lock.  The same patch of water on your screen represents TWO different positions...one position for the locked target...the other for the unlocked target!  This is why when you lock on to one target and attempt to lead an unlocked target near the locked target, the place the shells land are sometimes way off from the target you are attempting to lead.  That's because the shells are landing in the zone relative to the LOCKED target.

Members
120 posts
2,293 battles

again i am not pressing x so idk. play some Arms race in a Yamato and see if you see weird shots/hits/damage. something is up compared to regular. 

thanks

Edited by steelers_rule_2018

[DOG]
Members
438 posts
5,776 battles
44 minutes ago, Lert said:

So, do. Shots auto-adjust a bit towards the target you're locked on to specifically to aid in pinpointing specific targets in a cluster.

Hmm.  Will this work when a target ducks behind an island?  It's annoying when you are pounding a target and fire that last salvo after it disappears from view and the rounds readjust and hit the island.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,249 posts
12,800 battles
1 minute ago, zubalkabir said:

Will this work when a target ducks behind an island?

As long as the target is visible the lock should remain on it.

1 minute ago, zubalkabir said:

It's annoying when you are pounding a target and fire that last salvo after it disappears from view and the rounds readjust and hit the island.

It is. But that's more a case of the guns aiming at what your reticle is on (the island) when the lock goes away. As long as the lock is maintained (and the island isn't too high) you should be able to hit the target.

• Cool 1

[MERCA]
Members
5 posts
1,050 battles

Ive experienced the same things.  Seems like it's when one ship is stopped and one is closely passing behind it.  I can shoot at say the further of the two and the shots will be between both.  Now wemare talking this only happens when ships are what seems only a few meters apart. I've seen this happen on multiple occasions so at first I was thinking maybe I just shanked the salvo with a moment of palsy but since then I at least am confident I had correct mouse cursor placement. 

Sign in to follow this