Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

PSA: If you have bought the Warspite now from the arsenal and had her already, you will get the full gold refund

13 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,916 battles

Mr_Conway wrote ar reddit

Captains,

Due to the overlap of our Anniversary discounts and the start of the British Arc, there is a short period of time where buying HMS Warspite for Sovereigns will lead to a lower Doubloon compensation due to the ship’s discount. This discount will last until September 21 05:00 UTC (EU).

If you purchased or will purchase Warspite with Sovereigns in this time frame, we will compensate you with the doubloon difference when the discount has ended.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles

This is outstanding. Well done, WG; you've done the right thing.

I was going to give this event a miss, or at least play in a slower and more relaxed fashion, but what we're talking about here is basically free doubloons to anyone who can scrape up enough Sovereigns. Hmm, that or Arsenal RN containers for an unlock chance? I want to grind the RN DD line from the start, but being able to skip the research costs on one or more of the higher tier ships would not go astray.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,579 posts
3,751 battles

Been wondering about that since the discount news came out. 

The only issue is for this investment to work, you must earn enough sovereigns to actually get Warspite, something I can't say 100% for myself.

Still, good gesture on the WG side.

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,138 battles
40 minutes ago, StingRayOne said:

And if you bought the warspite before?

I believe they said you will get the full 6500 dubs if you end up buying her with sovereigns. So I bought her at a discount, then will buy her again to get the full dub back.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,868 posts
10,655 battles

Thanks for posting. My response from WG Support early in the AM hours said they were aware of it and looking into it please be patient. Glad to see they will do the right thing. I mean 1950 doubloons is 1950 doubloons LOL.

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,254 battles
3 hours ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I believe they said you will get the full 6500 dubs if you end up buying her with sovereigns. So I bought her at a discount, then will buy her again to get the full dub back.

so i but it twice, but the 2nd time i get Dubs?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is outstanding. Well done, WG; you've done the right thing.

I was going to give this event a miss, or at least play in a slower and more relaxed fashion, but what we're talking about here is basically free doubloons to anyone who can scrape up enough Sovereigns. Hmm, that or Arsenal RN containers for an unlock chance? I want to grind the RN DD line from the start, but being able to skip the research costs on one or more of the higher tier ships would not go astray.

I wouldn't count on anything decent from the crates bought with tokens.  The cash ones will drop the missions, but I tried the token-bought crates, and they were crap.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
5 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I wouldn't count on anything decent from the crates bought with tokens.  The cash ones will drop the missions, but I tried the token-bought crates, and they were crap.

We will see what happens over the next four weeks. At the very least, the boxes offer camo and flags. I can save my Sovereigns and consider what to do with them just before the patch drops; the unlocks (if they start coming for Arsenal crates) will still be valid beyond it.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

We will see what happens over the next four weeks. At the very least, the boxes offer camo and flags. I can save my Sovereigns and consider what to do with them just before the patch drops; the unlocks (if they start coming for Arsenal crates) will still be valid beyond it.

Well, the cash-bought boxes give like 15 sovereigns, 5 'elite' flags and some camo, 5 or 10, iirc.  Chance of bonus is variable.  Some got all 4 missions from 20 crates, others took another set of crates.

The sovereign-bought boxes give like 1 flag, some camo (1 or 5, I don't remember), and like 5 sovereigns.  A lot different.  And no missions for me anyway.

[L-S-D]
Members
43 posts
22,895 battles

well I got the Acasta mission from the container I got from the royal navy missions this morning

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
16 minutes ago, Saint06 said:

well I got the Acasta mission from the container I got from the royal navy missions this morning

First news I've seen of a "free" unlock. Thank you. Hope is restored.

Sign in to follow this