You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RazgrizRaptor

Game crashes with custom ship skins installed

7 comments in this topic

[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
232 posts
6,038 battles

so I'm not liking this patch at all, I can't play with the custom camos I've gotten for my ships. now sure, there are nearly 15gb of "camos" for these ships, but the game ran fine before the update with this and additional mods installed... I've been trying to get it to work for the last 5 or more hours, but all I can figure out is that it seems to just give up around 4.5gb. what gives? on top of that, it seems like what once worked doesn't anymore. on of the folders is called "misc" and it covers things on the deck of the ships, like a dismantled scout plane. having that folder installed INSTANTLY causes it to have a memory leak or something. WG can you give me any idea on why this is happening? please? I mean, at this point, I'm very desperate for an answer that'll let me play with my mods. I like my pretty ships and I don't want to go back to the default, rusty looking things. >,<;

Modder, Beta Testers
1,502 posts
2,454 battles

I have not had a chance to test myself but mrbluesky indicates it is centered on RN/Commonwealth DDs.  I would try removing those and see if the client loads.

Community Department
2,121 posts
520 battles
3 hours ago, RazgrizRaptor said:

so I'm not liking this patch at all, I can't play with the custom camos I've gotten for my ships. now sure, there are nearly 15gb of "camos" for these ships, but the game ran fine before the update with this and additional mods installed... I've been trying to get it to work for the last 5 or more hours, but all I can figure out is that it seems to just give up around 4.5gb. what gives? on top of that, it seems like what once worked doesn't anymore. on of the folders is called "misc" and it covers things on the deck of the ships, like a dismantled scout plane. having that folder installed INSTANTLY causes it to have a memory leak or something. WG can you give me any idea on why this is happening? please? I mean, at this point, I'm very desperate for an answer that'll let me play with my mods. I like my pretty ships and I don't want to go back to the default, rusty looking things. >,<;

Sorry, I understand you. There is an issue with mods and special clan patches at the moment. 
joJFkN7-rU8.jpg
For some reasons when loading in a battle clien crashes if implement mods or these patches. Try to change clan patches and delete all mods to resolve it for your game client.
We are currently in the process of resolving this issue and very much appreciate everyone's reports and patience. 

[BOTES]
Members
161 posts
3,152 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

Sorry, I understand you. There is an issue with mods and special clan patches at the moment. 
joJFkN7-rU8.jpg
For some reasons when loading in a battle clien crashes if implement mods or these patches. Try to change clan patches and delete all mods to resolve it for your game client.
We are currently in the process of resolving this issue and very much appreciate everyone's reports and patience. 

In my case, the clan patch was the sole issue. I did waste a 200% daily on it, but overall, not as bad as it could have been.

[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
232 posts
6,038 battles

I don't think the clan patches are the cause of my issue. I do have mods that change the clan patch, but with or without them, the game still crashes. I have tried removing all camos and installing things in smaller blocks. starting with US carriers, then adding in the other three, but once I added in the guns. it crashed.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Members
154 posts
3,345 battles

The clan patches stopped mine from crashes going into battle however I still crash loading the game a lot.  I receive a critical error.

[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
232 posts
6,038 battles

I've been having that same issue since patch 7.9 arrived. I know it's because of something in the ship skins/shaders folders of mods. I want my ships to keep their Arpeggio of Blue Steel inspired skins but if I load them up, it crashes the game. I've tried a suggestion on one of the FB fan pages (remove the guns folder from all nations) but it still crashes. I haven't played in over a week because of this issue, just cause I'm not happy seeing my ships stripped of their ARP prettiness.

I miss the days when getting the glow to work was as simple as "paint the glowing area this color onto the MG file and you're done."