You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bmagill0563

Clan Commander AWOL

18 comments in this topic

[COP]
Members
9 posts
8,620 battles

Our clan Commander Is AWOL for along with half our clan members.  Is there any way for a member who is has a position of Recruiter to be promoted to Assistant Commander?   

[INTEL]
Members
6,675 posts
25,840 battles

Good question. I'd like to know the answer too. We have the same issue. Commander AWOL for more than 150 days.

[WOLF6]
Members
679 posts
3,853 battles

Only deputy commanders and the clan commander can promote a recruiter.

[PVE]
Members
5,698 posts
18,273 battles

I am not sure that a deputy commander can make another deputy. They can promote a player to recruiter. I think only the Commander can promote someone to Deputy.

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
202 posts
4,011 battles

I think you fellows might need to go clan shopping.

You're going to have to live with the situation, start your own clan with the remaining actives or find a new clan to join. You might be able to reach you command with a message through the forums. They may have their e-mail notifications activated.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
8,020 battles

If your cdr has been awol for >150 days, that's on you...

• Bad 3

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
279 posts
8,495 battles

In General Players, there is nothing you can do if the Commander goes AFK, he or she owns the rights to the clan, either try to buy the clan from that person, ( witch WG frowns at ) or leave and start your own clan. I had a similar situation last Dec. 2017 in a clan, almost 30 of us had to leave and start our own clan due to the same situation.

Thanks,

Sere_Pj / [WCA-SMI] Commander

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles
9 hours ago, bmagill0563 said:

Our clan Commander Is AWOL for along with half our clan members.  Is there any way for a member who is has a position of Recruiter to be promoted to Assistant Commander?   

8 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Good question. I'd like to know the answer too. We have the same issue. Commander AWOL for more than 150 days.

You can open a ticket and explain to support your situation and ask kindly if they will send an email to the clan commander for you. I did that once or twice to reach clan members who were out of touch.

Having a clan member be able to send a message to other clan members' email in a form format, restricted to once a month or so, to then have that form have WG auto send the message to that person's WoWs email on file (so we don't see the person's email) has been suggested in the past. At the minimum for Clan Command Staff at least.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
252 posts
4,449 battles
31 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can open a ticket and explain to support your situation and ask kindly if they will send an email to the clan commander for you. I did that once or twice to reach clan members who were out of touch. . .

There's a good (possible) solution

[BAD]
Beta Testers
31 posts
2,758 battles

I'm in this same boat.  Server stats show leader and deputy commander offline for over 220 days, but support says they played games back in August.  Not sure how those two facts can be reconciled, unless they did it on another server?  I've asked support to send along my email address to the leader to see if they can contact me (I guess we should have shared that info earlier).  I'll let you know how it goes... I've been trying to get ahold of our clan admins for over 6 months.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
1,339 posts
10,765 battles

Wow.... that is a REALLY bad situation for a clan.  It is essentially Dereliction of Duty from the Clan Commander and demonstrates immaturity, irresponsibility and a complete lack of concern for his members. It's downright shameful. <smh>

Unfortunately, I tend to throw my agreement with the guys on this thread who previously said that you (and the rest of your Active members) need to start shopping for a new clan.  It's really sad that you are forced into that action.

I've included a link to a clan searching "guide" that actually addresses some of things to examine and consider that would have a *direct* impact on avoiding this type of situation in the future.....

I'm sorry to hear about your horrible clan situation.... and I sincerely wish you guys the BEST of luck !!

597b9c75ccb42_TacticalStrikeGroup4(250x245).png.231b8d6e92fe7c3a639a78e7b93bc897.png

[WAG]
Members
394 posts
7,575 battles
8 minutes ago, Nocona said:

Wow.... that is a REALLY bad situation for a clan.  It is essentially Dereliction of Duty from the Clan Commander and demonstrates immaturity, irresponsibility and a complete lack of concern for his members. It's downright shameful. <smh>

Unfortunately, I tend to throw my agreement with the guys on this thread who previously said that you (and the rest of your Active members) need to start shopping for a new clan.  It's really sad that you are forced into that action.

I've included a link to a clan searching "guide" that actually addresses some of things to examine and consider that would have a *direct* impact on avoiding this type of situation in the future.....

I put this more on wargaming rather than the members. What if the Clan Commander got hit by a bus and is in a coma, or dead? I know a clan whose Deputy Commander had a heart attack and never regained consciousness before he died a week later. While it didn't cripple this clan because he was only the Deputy, if he would have been the Clan Leader, what would the clan members have done? Wargaming should have a mechanism for transferring clans, since they are not just a bunch of players, they have an oil mechanism and you clan could lose years of effort of it had to reform.

Members
221 posts

Protections for clan members is something that could be EASILY implemented my WG....and they don't. If a clan commander goes off the reservation, then that position should be transferable to someone else. 

[WAG]
Members
394 posts
7,575 battles
56 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Protections for clan members is something that could be EASILY implemented my WG....and they don't. If a clan commander goes off the reservation, then that position should be transferable to someone else. 

Completely agree. There should be a minimum amount of time, but if the Clan Leader doesn't login to that server in maybe 30–90 days (not sure about time), the role should be passed automatically to the next higest officer that has logged in with a certain number of days. You don't want a cascade that takes months to make it to an active player.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:21 AM, bmagill0563 said:

It is called a coup d'état. You will find it most convenient if you have the support of your other deputies. The judicious use of hostages is also advantageous.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
1,339 posts
10,765 battles
6 hours ago, DustRhino said:

I put this more on wargaming rather than the members. What if the Clan Commander got hit by a bus and is in a coma, or dead? I know a clan whose Deputy Commander had a heart attack and never regained consciousness before he died a week later. While it didn't cripple this clan because he was only the Deputy, if he would have been the Clan Leader, what would the clan members have done? Wargaming should have a mechanism for transferring clans, since they are not just a bunch of players, they have an oil mechanism and you clan could lose years of effort of it had to reform.

Good point, DustRhino.  I actually agree with you that your scenario is possible.  However, from my many years of observing gamers and their various tendancies and behaviors, there is a much higher percentage chance that my initial presumption and evaluation is correct.

Additionally,  I strongly agree with you that WG certainly has the capability to implement some type of protective action for the members against this type of situation occurring.... yet they care naught and take no action.  Much like their current stance on implementing in-battle clan flags.

Good counter-point, sir.  It is indeed possible.... however, not very probable.

597b9c75ccb42_TacticalStrikeGroup4(250x245).png.231b8d6e92fe7c3a639a78e7b93bc897.png

• Cool 2

[-RNG-]
Members
5 posts
5,348 battles

I had to do this with our clan and simply opened a ticket and they gave me control of the clan, with the stipulation of if he ever comes back and requests control of the clan again they will give it back to him. Hope this helps.

• Cool 2