Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MutsuKaiNi

The best way to do downtiered stock hulls

5 comments in this topic

[DAKI]
Members
186 posts
7,333 battles

So with the recent controversy of West Virginia, and the past issues of ships like Mutsu, Ashitaka, and Kii. I've figured the best way to do these downtiered stock hulls they can suit both sides.

Lets take West Virginia for starters since she is the most recent member of this practice. If we want a WW1 era stock Colorado at T6 then the best way to do it would be to name her something else, lets name her Vermont. That way fans of the dreadnought era can get the BB we want and an a historical ship isn't gimmped into a role they weren't meant for.

Lets take another example, Mutsu, a ship I really really like. I was quite... disappointed lets say when I heard what they were doing with her. I really wanted her to be at T7 with her sister. So how do we fix Mutsu, easy, rename her Sagami and thus the name is open for a future T7 premo.

This could easily be done if WG wants to release at T4 Kongou, a T5 Fusou, so on and so forth.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,441 posts
8,085 battles

I don't know enough about Ashitaka and Kii to weigh in on those, Mutsu - given all things, I'm actually fine with, especially cause I enjoy playing the ship. Not to mention I don't recall any real outcry, at least on these forums, over those 3. 

The ONLY reason I have an issue with WV is the fact that she had the complete rebuild after being raised and, unlike Mutsu which is the second of two ships, there's a Colorado class, that was not as heavily modified, that can be used for a stock hull Colorado. While it would make for a need of clarification if I think it's NC's Sister ship was added, there was actually a 4th ship started, USS Washington, they were forced to abandon and sink the hulk, which add the designation at the end of each or something (USS Washington (BB-??)) and you solve that issue, especially cause they have had to go steal ship names for some ships and there is a bit of an issue in names being reused and at some point, we may need some way to ID them other than "quick find a new name". 

I personally miss when the hulls had years, corresponding generally to the upgrades during those refits (part of how I know Lex is really Saratoga), and rather than just make up a name, pick a ship that didn't get a newer BB, etc, and I know this will drive some people insane to suggest to Wargaming - add a year to the ship. I still think they should change WV to the other sister (Tennessee I think?) but, lets say they continue down this road, make this WV (192x) and the tier 7 version WV (194x). 

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

Kii is t8, just like amagi. Ashit is no better than nagato for the most part, and has far worse armor. 

[DAKI]
Members
186 posts
7,333 battles
1 hour ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

Kii is t8, just like amagi. Ashit is no better than nagato for the most part, and has far worse armor. 

Kii is a totally different class from Amagi, Kii could honestly have been T9 and could/should have been the tech tree T9 IJN BB, rather then that piece of hot garbage we call Izumo. Kii just got her armor majorly gimmped so that they could stuff her into T9

Sign in to follow this