You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Brother_Lobo

Is MISSOURI coming back?

149 comments in this topic

[DNTZ]
Members
216 posts
11,558 battles
3 minutes ago, Brother_Lobo said:

I have over 750k free xp. I want the Battleship Missouri. Will it be coming back any time soon?

All indications are no.  WG has stated it prints too many credits. They have stated other ships in the past would never come back - and then they did.

[GTF]
[GTF]
Members
72 posts

Maybe one day.. But I'm pretty sure it won't be a free xp ship, more than likely a coal/steel ship. 

But hold onto that free xp, I'm certain the USS Alaska will be a free xp ship. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles
6 minutes ago, CapChandler said:

Maybe one day.. But I'm pretty sure it won't be a free xp ship, more than likely a coal/steel ship. 

You know I never thought of it becoming available for steel but I would bet money that is a plan somewhere in Wargaming's lair... Great insight Cap!

[-WPG-]
Members
809 posts
3,352 battles

No. The MO isn't an overpowered ship per se.  It's just that its credit earning potential breaks the game economy.  That's even moreso that they introduced new premium credit earning flags. $2M credits in an average game?  $4M if you do well?  It was a mistake. It's probably the one ship that won't ever be reintroduced.  Only way it comes back is if/when WOWS population starts to decline enough that they get desperate. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
297 posts
39 battles
36 minutes ago, CapChandler said:

But hold onto that free xp, I'm certain the USS Alaska will be a free xp ship. 

The Alaska appears to cost 1 million free xp.

• Angry 1

[OPG]
Members
3,973 posts
5,678 battles
1 minute ago, TheSeventhSeeker said:

That's probably just a placeholder value for now.

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles
5 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

No. The MO isn't an overpowered ship per se.  It's just that its credit earning potential breaks the game economy.  That's even moreso that they introduced new premium credit earning flags. $2M credits in an average game?  $4M if you do well?  It was a mistake. It's probably the one ship that won't ever be reintroduced.  Only way it comes back is if/when WOWS population starts to decline enough that they get desperate. 

You know I keep hearing that repeated. I own the MO, don't play her all that much and not even sure I ever played her in PvP. I don't keep premium time as a rule and play mostly tier 8 and below all in co-op. That said, I keep a credit balance of half a billion mostly thru just playing low tier ships. I only play tier 8s and up to complete missions or campaigns. I hardly ever use signals or premium consumables and have multiple thousands of flags, consumables, and one use camos.

The economy is only a problem if you use all the stuff that gives you an advantage in the game or run up the tech tree instead of grinding captains at lower tiers before banking enough credits to keep you in the black moving up. Failure to plan ahead and/or living beyond your means seems to be a theme with players struggling with the economy.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
570 posts
3,666 battles

Mass and Mikhael Kutozov are 2 that will never be back.  Mass because of economy and Mickey K because of OP.

I wouldn't worry about the current price tag on Alaska.  The did the same thing with Musashi (950k).  It should not cost more than the Kronstadt.

[WOLF2]
Members
157 posts
4,750 battles
16 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Mass and Mikhael Kutozov are 2 that will never be back.  Mass because of economy and Mickey K because of OP.

I wouldn't worry about the current price tag on Alaska.  The did the same thing with Musashi (950k).  It should not cost more than the Kronstadt.

you mean Miss (Missouri) right?

Members
297 posts
39 battles
36 minutes ago, yashma said:

That's probably just a placeholder value for now.

The placeholder value was 9999 gold, I wouldn't be surprised if it costs 1 million XP.

[VW]
Members
1,940 posts
12,499 battles
1 hour ago, TheSeventhSeeker said:

they said the same for the mushy

and no for the miz.

[PRAVD]
[PRAVD]
Alpha Tester
211 posts
2,972 battles
1 hour ago, Brother_Lobo said:

I have over 750k free xp. I want the Battleship Missouri. Will it be coming back any time soon?

For everyone person that asks they push it back another 750,000 days. 

Edited by Lorian_ElderPrince

[O_O]
Members
4,417 posts
9,575 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

No. The MO isn't an overpowered ship per se.  It's just that its credit earning potential breaks the game economy.  That's even moreso that they introduced new premium credit earning flags. $2M credits in an average game?  $4M if you do well?  It was a mistake. It's probably the one ship that won't ever be reintroduced.

I have had some pretty good games with Missouri.  Some were even with premium time, Gamescom camo, and most were with both credit signals.  I have never made over $2M in a game, much less $4M.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
657 posts
7,985 battles

They may or may not offer it for direct sale again, but I'd look for it in some kind of loot box in the future.

Members
309 posts

What, do you mean to say that the ship that would be here to stay isn't available?

WG's word is trash - never forget.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
570 posts
3,666 battles
3 hours ago, LCPL4ever said:

you mean Miss (Missouri) right?

Yes.  Yes, I do.  Sorry for that.  The Massachusetts will be around for a good long while.  I just wish I could have gotten a Missouri when they were available.  While everyone else was farming ops to get her, I was farming ops to get the Nelson.  I just didn't have enough online time then.

[WJDC]
Members
1,239 posts
7,578 battles
4 hours ago, Brother_Lobo said:

Given the walk back on many of the things that WG has said in the past, It would not be a surprise to see that they bring it back.  IOW, do not take anything WG says as anything more than what they think at that moment.

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

They could always introduce Big J, it is the most decorated BB among all Iowa class.  Just make it identical to Mo in all ways except the credit multiplier, and it will be desirable ship to many people that did not get the Mo.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,029 posts

as a ship of historical significance, i'd like WG to bring back MO, you spent tons of time developed/tested this, why not make it available to the masses to reap the most benefit for your work? as about printing too much credit, you can nerf that we don't mind

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

Members
1,811 posts
802 battles
1 minute ago, Happy668 said:

as a ship of historical significance, i'd like WG to bring back MO, you spent tons of time developed/tested this, why not make it available to the masses to reap the most benefit for your work? as about printing too much credit, you can nerf that we don't mind

Be careful with that we.  I would guess a whole bunch of people would mind.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles
Just now, Happy668 said:

as about printing too much credit, you can nerf that we don't mind

It would cause a riot here in the forums that would make "AlabamaGate" or the infamous "Graf Zeppelin Debacle of 2017" look like happy party times... 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,228 posts
12,756 battles
4 hours ago, TheSeventhSeeker said:

Source on that?

[FGNE]
Members
436 posts
728 battles
4 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

So, next week then?

[WOLF1]
Members
2,029 posts
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Be careful with that we.  I would guess a whole bunch of people would mind.

i understand those who already had her would mind, but to be fair to all players, they already reap the credit printing benefit for a year? time to reduce that to provide level playing field, at the same time, let way more players enjoy WG's work

Edited by Happy668
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 4