Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ubarad

Bots Bots and More Bots

16 comments in this topic

[DERP]
Beta Testers
35 posts
3,800 battles

There really needs to be more control over bots and AFKers.  This 5 reports a day nonsense for an average of 1 bot/afk per prime time and WAY more late is silly.  I actually had 3 bots (not AFKers, BOTS!) in one match last night.  Two drove to a corner and parked, one drove around following a pack and never fired a shot.  A good 1/4 of matches are decided by which team has less bots or AFK.  I haven't noticed one difference in this regard since beta, if anything there are way prevalent more now.  The aforementioned match, the 2 who moved and AFKd got 200 exp spotting.  The one who auto-followed and did secondaries only damage got 900 exp for the win, yet none of them contributed anything to the match.  

• Bad 1

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles

And I'm struggling to find the replay video in your post.  Is my old age really getting to me?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DERP]
Beta Testers
35 posts
3,800 battles

Yes because I LOVE wasting tons of data space to do WGs job for them.  

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles
47 minutes ago, Ubarad said:

AKA, "I don't want to risk being proven wrong which I wouldn't agree with anyway because it would be devastating to my case."

Little children learn at about 6th grade that you need to provide supporting evidence when making a case.  Failure to do so makes your statements completely empty and makes you lose all credibility.  

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
19 posts
2 hours ago, VGLance said:

And I'm struggling to find the replay video in your post.  Is my old age really getting to me?

No you're being blinded by your greatness.

[DERP]
Beta Testers
35 posts
3,800 battles
On 9/20/2018 at 4:15 AM, VGLance said:

AKA, "I don't want to risk being proven wrong which I wouldn't agree with anyway because it would be devastating to my case."

Little children learn at about 6th grade that you need to provide supporting evidence when making a case.  Failure to do so makes your statements completely empty and makes you lose all credibility.  

Yes, lets put our head in the sand and worship at the altar of WG greatness by admitting there are no such thing as bots in this game.  Everybody knows bots/AFKs are an issue, every one of us sees them every night multiple times.  Instead of giving us 5 reports and doing nothing about them, how about giving us unlimited or at least a useable minimum number like 20-25 and actually do something when multiple players report the same person over multiple matches.  

Members
3,471 posts
6,176 battles

99% of all AFKR's I have played with are late loaders and I have yet to see a guaranteed way to actually know if any one player is a bot.  LOTS, and LOTS of assumptions are made about bots and AFKR's.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 1

[DERP]
Beta Testers
35 posts
3,800 battles
7 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

99% of all AFKR's I have played with are late loaders and I have yet to see a guaranteed way to actually know if any one player is a bot.  LOTS, and LOTS of assumptions are made about bots and AFKR's.

And this matters how?  If it takes you 15+ minutes to load every game, then you need to not play this game.  If you read my original post, they were not late loaders, they were in fact bots not AFKers.  2 sailed into a corner and parked and one auto-followed the BBs and never fired a round.  

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles
On 9/20/2018 at 12:58 AM, Ubarad said:

LOL, I have 463 replays on my hard drive that takes up a total of 868 mb.  Which reminds me I need to clear out anything before 0.7.9.

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,435 battles
On 9/20/2018 at 12:30 AM, Ubarad said:

There really needs to be more control over bots and AFKers.  This 5 reports a day nonsense for an average of 1 bot/afk per prime time and WAY more late is silly.  I actually had 3 bots (not AFKers, BOTS!) in one match last night.  Two drove to a corner and parked, one drove around following a pack and never fired a shot.  A good 1/4 of matches are decided by which team has less bots or AFK.  I haven't noticed one difference in this regard since beta, if anything there are way prevalent more now.  The aforementioned match, the 2 who moved and AFKd got 200 exp spotting.  The one who auto-followed and did secondaries only damage got 900 exp for the win, yet none of them contributed anything to the match.  

Afker "I need to play a battle, but don't want to be bothered.", or "Oh crap!, I meant to leave queue, but didn't catch it in time.  The easiest way to know if it's a bot is if it drives around in circles, firing at nothing.  Bots don't sit still, and they don't run to the corner of the map.  A bot is attempting to emulate a human player, so it's going to do stuff.

[ICE9]
Members
836 posts

No use in complaining, WG doesn't really care. Just lip service.

At least they seem to have fixed the issue with the museum kiosks.

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,868 posts
6,879 battles

how do i get more bots on my team?  they seem to play better than most randoms.

Members
3,471 posts
6,176 battles
35 minutes ago, Ubarad said:

And this matters how?  If it takes you 15+ minutes to load every game, then you need to not play this game.  If you read my original post, they were not late loaders, they were in fact bots not AFKers.  2 sailed into a corner and parked and one auto-followed the BBs and never fired a round.  

Apparently you did not read my post - I read yours.

99% of all AFKR's I have played with are late loaders

This was in my post...

Almost 6K battles and I can't guarantee I have ever seen a bot that you think are very prevalent and guaranteed to spot.

At most I have seen a grand total of 2 true AFK on the red team in the last few.... months.  Can't remember the lat Time I saw a AFK on my team.  In fact far more often people look at a late loader by 5 seconds and scream "Report XXX for AFK."  This happens many times more often than an actual AFK.  True AFK and unproven 'bots' are far, far, far less common than you want to believe.  AFKs alone are far less than a year ago.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,924 battles

First: no replay, no proof. If you want to help WG send a replay.

Second: AFK can have several reason. ISP mess up, client crash, family, important phonecalls (yeah, there are people how are in standby), lot's of other things that can happen

Third: your five reports are placebo. Only if there is a bigger number of reports about one player they may look into it.

Fourth: git gud, you can get up to 11 placebos per day.

Fifth: I play since CBT and you see my battle count. I meet less then 10 players I suspected that they are real bots.

Sixth: I have seen players so stupid I wished they were bots.

Seventh: WG usually reacts if you send a replay. In serious cases contact a CM or Mod. And send a replay then ofc.

Beta Testers
162 posts
9,916 battles

I wounder whether you play the same game I do, because, even so I play a lot, I very seldom see an AFK. I see a lot more not connected (the turrets have not rotated out of the starting position) than AFKs and even those are not that many. Considering that there are so many other factor in the game that by far outweigh a "AFK" player then I don't see where the problem is. Do "AFK" make a good scapegoat? Most certainly they do, and there is the solution to this post. I screwed up we lost lets blame someone else.

Bots? I see a lot of stupid players and some stupid (arrogant) moves by better players and I sometimes see raged players that let their ships run into the corner to "stick" it to the f**** team, but 3 party software controlled ships that do what you described, no.

[BNKR]
Members
713 posts
713 battles

I don't think I've seen a bot yet and AFK players are pretty rare. Sometimes a player loads in a minute later or something. I have no proof (just like you), but I feel you're blowing this way out of proportion.

Sign in to follow this