Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RighteousRhyno

Which ship should I prioritize on getting first during the RN arc? Gallant or Warspite?

8 comments in this topic

[PNP]
Members
393 posts
2,973 battles

I'm not too familiar with the gameplay styles for the Gallant and Warspite. Between those two, what will you guys recommend to be a more enjoyable premium to get in the arsenal for random battles? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,007 posts
13,756 battles

Warspite is a much more well rounded ship.   To make Gallant work well you really need good DD skills

[B_Y_F]
Members
99 posts
5,961 battles

I'll say Warspite is much more batter than Gallant as premium ship. But, if you don't enjoy playing a camp and aim style......go Gallant.

[LHG]
Members
1,196 posts
4,986 battles

Warspite is what RN BBs should have been: balanced without resorting to gimmicks and rewarding of skill. She's a sniper in a tier with mostly shotguns, her durability is questionable but not paper thin, and she can make use of secondary skills to good effect.

Dunno much about Gallant, but I will get her.

Alpha Tester
1,072 posts
4,518 battles

I'm still kicking myself for not buying the Warspite when it was on sale for cheap not too long ago. Glad to see it in the arsenal.

[INTEL]
Members
812 posts
8,369 battles

Looking at your profile.. Warspite.

Gallant plays like an IJN DD with worse concealment, slightly better guns (and thats debatable), single launch torps with terrible launch angles. Ive never been able to really figure her out and DDs are my best type.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,468 posts
4,321 battles

If you already have the sovereigns from buying RN crates, consider that Gallant will let you do the RN DD missions in the current arc, and give you slightly more (and from looking at the first directive, slightly easier) options. But as others have said, she's a bit of an odd duck and you may have more fun and get more long-term use out of Warspite. However, despite her weaknesses, Gallant was the first T6 destroyer I had that could torp from stealth (2km window with 8km torps, full stealth build). And that opened up a whole new world for me.

If you already have RN cruisers, the cruiser captains' skills can mesh well with both ships (superintendent for smoke in Gallant, heal in Warspite). I ground my 19 pointer in Gallant, Warspite and Nelson as well as his usual Edinburgh. If you have RN commanders with smokescreen skills, Gallant is of course the better match. Last Stand is mostly wasted on a battleship (not entirely, though, if you are torpedoed near the rudder), but very useful for destroyers and I'm glad I rejected advice to swap it out for Adrenaline Rush.

Sign in to follow this