Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

harugumo is OP!

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

769
[DRACS]
Members
3,503 posts

Yes. Yes it is. It was nice of Wargaming to buff the penetration of the 100mm guns, but they way overbuffed it. So instead of performing like bigger DD guns, they instead have the penetration of light cruiser guns and can absolutely wreck battleships with just their guns alone. Their torps are a bonus.

1/5th pen would have, and should have, been fine.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[WLDD]
Beta Testers
352 posts
5,155 battles
7 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Yes. Yes it is. It was nice of Wargaming to buff the penetration of the 100mm guns, but they way overbuffed it. So instead of performing like bigger DD guns, they instead have the penetration of light cruiser guns and can absolutely wreck battleships with just their guns alone. Their torps are a bonus.

1/5th pen would have, and should have, been fine.

Yeah, giving the 100mm 1/4 HE pen on top of letting them take IFHE basically lets them damage almost any non-belt area on nearly every ship they will see.  In contrast, something like the Minotaur is still reliant on AP pen angles to do any damage, and often times can fail to do any reliable damage outside of targeting the superstructure even when facing enemy cruisers.  The new IJN DDs should never have been put in to the game in their current form, and are sorely in need of rebalancing to bring them in line with the other DDs of their tiers.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,102
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,831 posts
4,724 battles

You know why people think this ship is OP....because you farm the morons who finally tato'd to tier 10. Who ignore the shower of shells until it's too late. 

This ship turns like a brick and it bleeds hp...

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
690
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,042 posts
25 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Yes. Yes it is. It was nice of Wargaming to buff the penetration of the 100mm guns, but they way overbuffed it. So instead of performing like bigger DD guns, they instead have the penetration of light cruiser guns and can absolutely wreck battleships with just their guns alone. Their torps are a bonus.

1/5th pen would have, and should have, been fine.

:Smile_great:

12 minutes ago, Deno said:

Yeah, giving the 100mm 1/4 HE pen on top of letting them take IFHE basically lets them damage almost any non-belt area on nearly every ship they will see.  In contrast, something like the Minotaur is still reliant on AP pen angles to do any damage, and often times can fail to do any reliable damage outside of targeting the superstructure even when facing enemy cruisers.  The new IJN DDs should never have been put in to the game in their current form, and are sorely in need of rebalancing to bring them in line with the other DDs of their tiers.

:Smile_great:You mean the same way the Russian  DD  Line  Does  Hmmmmm?    If Kitakaze,Harugumo  are OP then so is everything from Kviev  to Khaba  

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
769
[DRACS]
Members
3,503 posts
4 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

 

You mean the same way the Russian  DD  Line  Does  Hmmmmm?

Khab has nowhere near the kind of HE DPM Harugumo does. Nor does it have the same kind of torpedo power. Nor does it's HE have the power to shred battleship plating the way the IJN 100mm guns do. Not saying RU DDs aren't strong, but the IJN gunboats are currently in a league all their own.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
690
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,042 posts
1 minute ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Khab has nowhere near the kind of HE DPM Harugumo does. Nor does it have the same kind of torpedo power. Nor does it's HE have the power to shred battleship plating the way the IJN 100mm guns do. Not saying RU DDs aren't strong, but the IJN gunboats are currently in a league all their own.

And Kitakaze,Harugumo  a snowballs chance in Hell of getting away because UNLIKE  the Russian Line They Don't have the Speed,Armor,HitPoints  unlike  the Kiev On  you catch a Kitakaze,Harugumo in the open their Toast how do I know?  Cause  I've sunk em Solo!!!!   The only time I've ever done much or seen anything done to Russian DD's  was when a group of four five of us cornered and  sank them That Was Not Solo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Get it Now?:Smile_ohmy::Smile_facepalm:

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
690
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,042 posts
11 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Khab has nowhere near the kind of HE DPM Harugumo does. Nor does it have the same kind of torpedo power. Nor does it's HE have the power to shred battleship plating the way the IJN 100mm guns do. Not saying RU DDs aren't strong, but the IJN gunboats are currently in a league all their own.

:Smile_great:

1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

And Kitakaze,Harugumo  a snowballs chance in Hell of getting away because UNLIKE  the Russian Line They Don't have the Speed,Armor,HitPoints  unlike  the Kiev On  you catch a Kitakaze,Harugumo in the open their Toast how do I know?  Cause  I've sunk em Solo!!!!   The only time I've ever done much or seen anything done to Russian DD's  was when a group of four five of us cornered and  sank them That Was Not Solo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Get it Now?:Smile_ohmy::Smile_facepalm:

:Smile_great:Speed,Armor,HitPoints   All things things the Russian Line  gets that Kitakaze,Harugumo   Don't:Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
695 posts
8,864 battles

Harugamo is a very strong ship as it is now.  However, it is big and doesn't turn fast, it is slow compared to other dd's,  the shells are kind of floaty similar to US dd's, and has no armor plating.  It is a bit situational generally, and if played to its strengths it is hell to deal with.  It is also hell on BB's that angle in and park within range or cruisers that try to park behind an island within range as well.  It will shred them.  Against Russian gunboats like the Khaba in a running gunfight at medium to long range (For dd's) my money is on the Russian Gunboat.  In the open trying to gunfight against any cruiser will get you killed.  Still and all maybe a slight nerf is in order.  I mean they did nerf the khaba gun range and the rudder shift and it is still a strong ship. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,731
[INTEL]
Members
8,568 posts
25,660 battles

Lol. When they released Haru, I stopped playing T8-10. That irritating, unfun, OP firebarge was the final straw. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
713 posts
13 battles

Don't worry guys, IJN DDs already have a history of being nerfed to oblivion because the playerbase whined they are OP! So just wait a couple of patches and see how they will nerf Kitakaze and Harugumo to the ground so bad they'll be the same laughingstock DDs like SHITmakaze!!

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
690
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,042 posts
10 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Don't worry guys, IJN DDs already have a history of being nerfed to oblivion because the playerbase whined they are OP! So just wait a couple of patches and see how they will nerf Kitakaze and Harugumo to the ground so bad they'll be the same laughingstock DDs like SHITmakaze!!

Yup  wish I could Plus+1 now have to come back later cause you are spot on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
690
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,042 posts
11 hours ago, D_I_P_Scout said:

Harugamo is a very strong ship as it is now.  However, it is big and doesn't turn fast, it is slow compared to other dd's,  the shells are kind of floaty similar to US dd's, and has no armor plating.  It is a bit situational generally, and if played to its strengths it is hell to deal with.  It is also hell on BB's that angle in and park within range or cruisers that try to park behind an island within range as well.  It will shred them.  Against Russian gunboats like the Khaba in a running gunfight at medium to long range (For dd's) my money is on the Russian Gunboat.  In the open trying to gunfight against any cruiser will get you killed.  Still and all maybe a slight nerf is in order.  I mean they did nerf the khaba gun range and the rudder shift and it is still a strong ship. 

Not only ships  BB's  n cruisers that are parked  once it get's close enuff if you aren't close enuff for allies to help take her down you are burnt cinders(if they will, Big if these days)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,328
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,824 posts
9,575 battles
11 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Lol. When they released Haru, I stopped playing T8-10. That irritating, unfun, OP firebarge was the final straw. 

So burning you down in a Khabarovsk and Udaloi was just fine, on top of the VMF AP. A Gumo, that you can can shoot in smoke with ease and is slow enough to catch is just too much? :cap_yes:

Khab and Udaloi I can start bending you over right at the start of a game as soon as you are lit. Gumo you really need to just spot and let them game unfold for a little bit before going to work. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
238
[SF-3]
Members
1,502 posts
8,101 battles
13 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

You know why people think this ship is OP....because you farm the morons who finally tato'd to tier 10. Who ignore the shower of shells until it's too late. 

This ship turns like a brick and it bleeds hp...

This, so you farmed a bunch of BB's, congrats. 

12 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Four or Five ships to Sink One?    Now That's OP!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean, thank god they nerfed the torps and rudder on the khab, now its so much more balanced. Lets also not forget the Groz got buffed just because it wasn't getting enough play time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
335
[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,955 battles
12 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Don't worry guys, IJN DDs already have a history of being nerfed to oblivion because the playerbase whined they are OP! So just wait a couple of patches and see how they will nerf Kitakaze and Harugumo to the ground so bad they'll be the same laughingstock DDs like SHITmakaze!!

That might take a while, The CC's (Notser IIRC) in their commentaries said that WG had a counter in mind for the Gumo. CV's. The CV rework is still in progress and they still need server data to see if it works before any adjustments are made. 

I have played with and against the Gumo and there are weakness you can exploit:

 

1. The Vision Game - At 6.1 km  detection, the only dd that the Gumo can outspot is the Khaba or IIRC the Groz. If you spot the Gumo and he's full HP, call fire on the ship and keep him spotted.

2.  If he's in  smoke. Torp or radar. Gumo has slow acceleration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[TBOW]
Members
1,249 posts
10,669 battles

The Akizuki, Kitakazi and Haragumo, can stand in a long fight, are alow turning and do not have the Acceleration of a the Russian DDs.  Also treat them like what they really are like Khab a ultra light cruiser.  Unlike the Khab which can take Repair Party over smoke, these botes can't, nor do they have Stalinium Armor the Khab as.  Groz with it's heal is a good match for the UJN Gun Botes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[SLTPO]
[SLTPO]
Members
22 posts
10,009 battles
12 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

You know why people think this ship is OP....because you farm the morons who finally tato'd to tier 10. Who ignore the shower of shells until it's too late. 

This ship turns like a brick and it bleeds hp...

"farm the morons who finally tato'ed to tier 10" also reads as "exclusively shoots at the largest, slowest moving objects on the water because you suck."  

Despite his "impressive" numbers he only sank another destroyer and enjoyed a .02% fire rate.  Of the 7 ships on his dmg screen 5 of them are battleships.  He fired down the Neptune for more than 100% of its HP, despite it being one of the most susceptible ships to AP.  The battle ended 6 vs. 4, by points.  Nerf stick for a TKO?  I don't think so....

-----------------------

I think it might be possible the Harugumo was designed with the T10 British destroyers in mind, and until we see their release we have little way of knowing how it all will balance out.  With an upgrade concealment slot British destroyers may be comparable to IJN concealment (5-6km), with hydro, who will probably have Shim levels of torps to distribute, perhaps a fourth consumable, in addition to z-52s, it seems like Harugumo will have its work cut out when it's all said and done.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
690
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,042 posts
16 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Yes. Yes it is. It was nice of Wargaming to buff the penetration of the 100mm guns, but they way overbuffed it. So instead of performing like bigger DD guns, they instead have the penetration of light cruiser guns and can absolutely wreck battleships with just their guns alone. Their torps are a bonus.

1/5th pen would have, and should have, been fine.

:Smile_great:

15 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Khab has nowhere near the kind of HE DPM Harugumo does. Nor does it have the same kind of torpedo power. Nor does it's HE have the power to shred battleship plating the way the IJN 100mm guns do. Not saying RU DDs aren't strong, but the IJN gunboats are currently in a league all their own.

:Smile_great:I think I get it now,   Your a  Khaba  Driver Guilty Of  Russian Bias  and think only Russki Ships  should be able to that kind of Damage  Never Mind Kitakaze,Harugumo   Can't Sail Around in the Open Doing It the Way the  Russian Line Can:Smile_child:  Wish I had Access to the Worlds Smallest Violin  so I could play a tune for you :Smile_bajan2:So I guess this will have to do:Smile_coin::Smile_medal:

Edited by shadowsrmine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
769
[DRACS]
Members
3,503 posts
13 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:

:Smile_great:I think I get it now,   Your a  Khaba  Driver Guilty Of  Russian Bias  and think only Russki Ships  should be able to that kind of Damage  Never Mind Kitakaze,Harugumo   Can't Sail Around in the Open Doing It the Way the  Russian Line Can:Smile_child:  Wish I had Access to the Worlds Smallest Violin  so I could play a tune for you :Smile_bajan2:So I guess this will have to do:Smile_coin::Smile_medal:

Hehe, I do have Grozovoi, but not Khab. I like to play DDs, not light cruisers with no citadels ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
845 posts
5,984 battles
16 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

You know why people think this ship is OP....because you farm the morons who finally tato'd to tier 10. Who ignore the shower of shells until it's too late. 

This ship turns like a brick and it bleeds hp...

 

Shhhhhhh!!! You're giving away the secrets. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,731
[INTEL]
Members
8,568 posts
25,660 battles
6 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

So burning you down in a Khabarovsk and Udaloi was just fine, on top of the VMF AP. A Gumo, that you can can shoot in smoke with ease and is slow enough to catch is just too much? :cap_yes:

Khab and Udaloi I can start bending you over right at the start of a game as soon as you are lit. Gumo you really need to just spot and let them game unfold for a little bit before going to work. 

Khab is just an annoyance, seldom has any effect on the game, and I can usually hit them because few choose smoke. Ditto for Udaloi - I dev struck one in Lyon a couple of weeks ago. However, that outbreak of Russian bias was the beginning.

Haru was the final straw. That ship is very bad for the playing atmosphere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×