You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

Goodluck getting the Cossack for Free. Thanks WGing

187 comments in this topic

[RAWR]
Members
481 posts

So for those who haven't seen (which I can imagine there will be a few), that new Brit DD you want called the Cossack? Ya you can't earn it for free. You can only get 48 of the 50 needed Guineas needed for the ship. The rest? Well you gotta pay for them with real moola.

I've seen WGing do some rather gimmicky and heavy handed stuff, but this? I've gotta say this takes the cake. Why even bother having the Cossack in the Arsenal if you can't even earn it fully within game without paying any real money? I mean from what I can tell no other item in the Arsenal can be paid off with real money. You have to earn either Coal or Steel. Both of which you can't buy directly. Not in the sense in the way you buy Doubloons.

I mean what's the point of even hosting the ship in the Arsenal if you still have to pay real currency for it? Wasn't the Arsenal supposed to be a "free" alternative to the Prem shop accessible both in-game and in a web browser? Only using currency earned in-game? Maybe I missed the memo but that was the impression I was under.

Shame really, the Cossack looks like a interesting ship to run. Oh well, I an't going to sink more money into this game if I can help it. I've been trying to say free within the game, even if it means I fall behind others who pay up front and with the real dough. What a bummer.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 24

[NMKJT]
Members
2,732 posts
1 minute ago, Phasferous said:

So for those who haven't seen (which I can imagine there will be a few), that new Brit DD you want called the Cossack? Ya you can't earn it for free. You can only get 48 of the 50 needed Guineas needed for the ship. The rest? Well you gotta pay for them with real moola.

I've seen WGing do some rather gimmicky and heavy handed stuff, but this? I've gotta say this takes the cake. Why even bother having the Cossack in the Arsenal if you can't even earn it fully within game without paying any real money? I mean from what I can tell no other item in the Arsenal can be paid off with real money. You have to earn either Coal or Steel. Both of which you can't buy directly. Not in the sense in the way you buy Doubloons.

I mean what's the point of even hosting the ship in the Arsenal if you still have to pay real currency for it? Wasn't the Arsenal supposed to be a "free" alternative to the Prem shop accessible both in-game and in a web browser? Only using currency earned in-game? Maybe I missed the memo but that was the impression I was under.

Shame really, the Cossack looks like a interesting ship to run. Oh well, I an't going to sink more money into this game if I can help it. I've been trying to say free within the game, even if it means I fall behind others who pay up front and with the real dough. What a bummer.

Before you get upset, shouldn't you find out how much 2 guineas cost? I heard it's somewhere around 4 bucks 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[O7]
Beta Testers, Supertester
6,398 posts
7,363 battles

Well, you pay like what, $1-5 max? So you get a Tier 8 DD for half a subway sandwich.. I don't see the big deal - that's a pretty darn good deal!

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[RAWR]
Members
481 posts
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Before you get upset, shouldn't you find out how much 2 guineas cost? I heard it's somewhere around 4 bucks 

Shouldn't you find out if the person can afford such a thing first? I mean had you asked I would have gladly told you I am a college student and I'd rather pay for gas to get to and from the campus then pay for a ship that's in a in-game feature that's supposed to provide a place to earn game content without paying real money.

2 minutes ago, Kousatsu said:

Well, you pay like what, $1-5 max? So you get a Tier 8 DD for half a subway sandwich.. I don't see the big deal - that's a pretty darn good deal!

Please look at my message above your quote. I hope that will explain why I feel put off by WGing pulling this sort of thing.

Edited by Phasferous
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 6

[SF-3]
Beta Testers
227 posts
12,953 battles

they also said u will only get 48 of the 50 needed. they never said it was going to be free (earn the 50 you need).

• Cool 3

[RAWR]
Members
481 posts
Just now, WaWingsFan_15 said:

they also said u will only get 48 of the 50 needed. they never said it was going to be free (earn the 50 you need).

It's literally in a shop that's supposed to promote in-game items you can get without spending real world currency.

I mean why not just not bother adding it and just have it stay in the Prem shop. It's a bit misleading and that's the concern I have here.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[S-N-D]
Members
1,652 posts
5,592 battles

Shouldn't you find out if the person can afford such a thing first? I mean had you asked I would have gladly told you I am a college student and I'd rather pay for gas to get to and from the campus then pay for a ship that's in a in-game feature that's supposed to provide a place to earn game content without paying real money.

Please look at my message above your quote. I hope that will explain why I feel put off by WGing pulling this sort of thing.

Then you do without. I can't afford a new Lamborghini. Shouldn't they have considered that before pricing it as such?

• Cool 13
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 2

[RAWR]
Members
481 posts
Just now, _Caliph_ said:

Then you do without. I can't afford a new Lamborghini. Shouldn't they have considered that before pricing it as such?

This reply is a incredibly blatant cop-out that it's not even worth it to fully reply to it other then this.

Oh but I will say nice Red Herring.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 8

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles

It's exactly as it was advertised. So what's to complain. I have seen many people buy a crate for other people here on the forums. As a matter of fact I saw some one do it yesterday for someone. That persons post wasn't quite so negative as yours is though. I guess it's just how your present yourself. Maybe they teach that in college. Stay in school and learn.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[S-N-D]
Members
1,652 posts
5,592 battles
8 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

This reply is a incredibly blatant cop-out that it's not even worth it to fully reply to it other then this.

No it's not a copout. Some of us have supported the game from the beginning and have bought dozens of ships priced anywhere from a few dollars to upwards of $70. Your complaints over a trivial few bucks is amusing. Your personal financial issues are your personal issues and a for profit business is not immoral or wrong to not concern themselves with it. Sweet, sweet entitlement. Newsflash, the game may one day NOT be free to play. Given the option of closing or a fee take a guess at what they will choose? Unsustainable business models are done away with.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[RAWR]
Members
481 posts

Here's the other thing I will add. Guinea's aren't even used for anything else in the Arsenal shop. Nothing else currently present uses them.

So why even bother having the ship in it? I mean Guinea's are essentially doubloons, you can just earn a few of them. I mean you can earn both types of currency in the game. Both are earn-able through events, as I've in the past earned doubloons in events from containers.

I am genuinely supprised people aren't upset about this like they were the Graf Zeppelin. I mean the Cossack is just another Prem ship but it's implementation of how you earn it is heavy handed.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RAWR]
Members
481 posts
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's exactly as it was advertised. So what's to complain. I have seen many people buy a crate for other people here on the forums. as a matter of fact I saw some one do it yesterday for someone. That persons post wasn't quite so negative as yours is though. I guess it's just how your present yourself. Maybe they teach that in college. Stay in school and learn.

I am reminded why certain members of this forums are toxic. Using someones education as a excuse is a pretty low one.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 8

[S-N-D]
Members
1,652 posts
5,592 battles

Then stop coming to the forums with the "oh so tired" poor college student meme demanding something free. If you are in college your life isn't anywhere near as bad as others who still spend.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 11
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
796 posts
8,293 battles
3 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

Welcome to the real world. You dont need Cossack, you want it. You need gas, so you dont get Cossack. Life sucks and nobody is required to cater to your desires. Grow up.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles

I am genuinely supprised people aren't upset about this like they were the Graf Zeppelin. I mean the Cossack is just another Prem ship but it's implementation of how you earn it is heavy handed.

I'm just going to buy it when it goes on sale and I don't have a job and I don't make a wage, I have 0 money to my name. It's a kind of magic.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[RAWR]
Members
481 posts
2 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

No it's not a copout. Some of us have supported the game from the beginning and have bought dozens of ships priced anywhere from a few dollars to upwards of 70. Your complaints over a trivial few bucks is amusing. Your personal financial issues are your personal issues and a for profit business is not immoral or wrong to not concern themselves with it. 

Redirecting are conversion towards something that has no bearing on said topic is a cop-out. Or again as I said, a Red Herring. It's literally just a way to sweep the concern under the rug and ignore it.

And using someone else's personal finances as a reason that something like this isn't a problem doesn't help resolve the problem. In fact it just re-enforces the toxic business practices that WGing has become more and more reliant on.

Why even bother having the ship in the Arsenal at all if you still are forcing a player who wants it to pay real money? Why not just keep it in the Prem shop?

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles
5 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

I am reminded why certain members of this forums are toxic. Using someones education as a excuse is a pretty low one.

It's kind of funny I didn't even have to go to college to learn how to treat people right. I was just suggesting that if you haven't learned yet, that you may get lucky there.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[S-N-D]
Members
1,652 posts
5,592 battles
18 hours ago, Phasferous said:

Redirecting are conversion towards something that has no bearing on said topic is a cop-out. Or again as I said, a Red Herring. It's literally just a way to sweep the concern under the rug and ignore it.

And using someone else's personal finances as a reason that something like this isn't a problem doesn't help resolve the problem. In fact it just re-enforces the toxic business practices that WGing has become more and more reliant on.

Why even bother having the ship in the Arsenal at all if you still are forcing a player who wants it to pay real money? Why not just keep it in the Prem shop?

Your concern is trivial, insulting, whingey and completely disregardable. You will not be given the ship free, a change or exception will not be made, and with a little luck you will look past your own self entitlement and understand salaries and overhead have to be paid and the company can not simply give everything away while bleeding what few spenders that have.

With it, le deal.

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[RAWR]
Members
481 posts
2 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

Then stop coming to the forums with the "oh so tired" poor college student meme demanding something free. If you are in college your life isn't anywhere near as bad as others who still spend.

Oh okay. So I guess you didn't go to college then? I mean that would explain a lot why your posts in this thread so far have failed to provide any constructive input on this matter, and instead you've just been using personal attacks.

Being a Poor College Student isn't a Meme, had you have gone to college at all you'd know that personally.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[ENDVR]
Members
419 posts
5,330 battles

It is tiered discounts and has never been advertised as free.  Not sure why this is confusing.  Can’t afford it? When will we see your posts about other premiums ships you can’t afford?  There has to be plenty.

Edited by SmokeHenge
Phonetyping
  • Cool 1

[RAWR]
Members
481 posts
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's kind of funny I didn't even have to go to college to learn how to treat people right.

Except using someones education to belittle them is quite the opposite.

[RUSHB]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
33 posts
4,226 battles

No matter what WG does we will always have someone such as you complaining about it. The cossack will be less than $5 probly, and the arsenal is the hold for the currency you need to purchase the ship. It is simply in there because it fits well with "resources" to buy the thing, not because it means the arsenal will go behind the paywall.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles
6 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

Except using someones education to belittle them is quite the opposite.

My actions can't belittle you, you have to do that yourself. Your doing a great job of it already.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[S-N-D]
Members
1,652 posts
5,592 battles
4 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

Oh okay. So I guess you didn't go to college then? I mean that would explain a lot why your posts in this thread so far have failed to provide any constructive input on this matter, and instead you've just been using personal attacks.

Being a Poor College Student isn't a Meme, had you have gone to college at all you'd know that personally.

Yes, I was intelligent enough to realize the money I would spend on college was a liability in all but a few stem fields when that same money could be used to start a business or put in the market. And considering you are here whinging over a 5 dollar bill I have to smile at the situation.

Maybe if you can land the job of your dreams one day in the future after you climb out of your mountain of debt you'll have 5 bucks to spend.

Edited by _Caliph_

Members
594 posts
4,882 battles
11 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

It's literally in a shop that's supposed to promote in-game items you can get without spending real world currency.

I mean why not just not bother adding it and just have it stay in the Prem shop. It's a bit misleading and that's the concern I have here.

I for one think it’s very cool that WG is offering us a chance to get a tier 8 premium for so cheap. If you really want something for free Warspite and Galant are there for you. I really don’t see how this is heavy handed or misleading at all. They spent the development time on a ship that they could have easily charged you 50 dollars or more for and are letting you buy it for 5 dollars. Is that really such an evil thing to do?

• Cool 3