Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MAJ_DUNDEE

Battle Ship misfiring turets

9 comments in this topic

[USCC2]
Members
17 posts
5,380 battles

Every now and again, I line up a broadside shot.....nothing in the way, open sea. Pull the trigger and it is like only one turret fired....and the other two didn't because I only see three shells going down range and it shows all three turrets reloading. Anyone else have that happen to them...

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,783 battles

you need to click twice to have your guns all fire at the same time.

[O7]
Beta Testers, Supertester
6,398 posts
7,363 battles

@MAJ_DUNDEE

Nice portrait Captain!

When you have a type of ammo loaded it looks like this:

abcef1b919.png

When you press "2" once it will engage a mod called "load after-firing" which looks like this:

d15d3f9eea.png

It will only switch once you double-click (full salvo) or when you fire one turret, it will reload the other shell-type.

In this picture in the spoiler, I had just full-salvo'd and it automagically loads AP after I fired HE.

Spoiler

b495a919c2.jpg

Hope that helps!

• Cool 1

[HSD]
Members
294 posts
9,563 battles

Did you have a different ammo queued up for your next shot?

Were the turrets absolutely lined up, the HUD isn't always 100% clear that the turrets are actually all fully aligned.

But yeah I have noticed when I have a different ammo queued up in say the Conq, sometimes only 1-2 turrets fire instead of all of them, I think it's either a momentary de-sync with turret alignment or the game thinking you only wanted to shoot one and not all, single click vs double click.

[USCC2]
Members
17 posts
5,380 battles

I did double click.....and just one turrets worth of shells in the air...and the read out shows all the turrets fired and are reloading

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,008 battles

That's happened to me as well, I suspect internet lag, but do not know for sure.

• Cool 1

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
149 posts
2,135 battles
1 hour ago, nagasakee said:

That's happened to me as well, I suspect internet lag, but do not know for sure.

Ditto for me

[USCC2]
Members
17 posts
5,380 battles

I think Kousatsu  post might have the reason why this is happening....I have to pay attention next time I am switching rounds...

[MHG]
Members
56 posts
13,209 battles

My advice is to not switch rounds by queuing up the request in advance - specifically because of this feature.  Although it's possible to get the entire volley off, it's a crapshoot.  I was getting one turret off before the rest dumped their ammuntion for the reload way more often than I thought was okay.  Now I fire the entire volley and then double-press on 1 or 2 to switch.  Safer.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this