You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hatchetface_1

How pathetic can this site get?

78 comments in this topic

[BPP]
Members
87 posts
15,113 battles

I have over 13,000 Random, Ranked and Co-op battles ( 12,600 of them random) and NOT ONCE-NOT EVER- NOT EVEN ONE TIME- have I seen anything like this screen shot shows. Happened about 5 minutes into a ranked battle. We had two caps to red teams one and were up one ship BUT I typed in chat right then "Give it up guys-WE LOSE".  Of course we lost. Nobody could win when your team is nerfed this bad. Shamelessly rigged. I challenge ONE person here to show me one time it took 4 FOUR torps to sink a DD. Show me ONE time a tier ten DD's torps averaged 3000 damage per hit on another DD. Incidentally, these torps hit from 2.7 klms one after the other. I challenge anyone to show me this happening before. 5ba32d530ec3f_Screenshot(279).thumb.png.65e0bf99595b4445327399810be4d7e2.png

• Boring 4
  • Bad 5

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,670 posts
3,924 battles

....do you have a concept of what damage saturation is? There's a gif specifically for this.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
2 minutes ago, Hatchetface_1 said:

I have over 13,000 Random, Ranked and Co-op battles ( 12,600 of them random) and NOT ONCE-NOT EVER- NOT EVEN ONE TIME- have I seen anything like this screen shot shows. Happened about 5 minutes into a ranked battle. We had two caps to red teams one and were up one ship BUT I typed in chat right then "Give it up guys-WE LOSE".  Of course we lost. Nobody could win when your team is nerfed this bad. Shamelessly rigged. I challenge ONE person here to show me one time it took 4 FOUR torps to sink a DD. Show me ONE time a tier ten DD's torps averaged 3000 damage per hit on another DD. Incidentally, these torps hit from 2.7 klms one after the other. I challenge anyone to show me this happening before. 5ba32d530ec3f_Screenshot(279).thumb.png.65e0bf99595b4445327399810be4d7e2.png

I can’t show you exactly this, but I once took a whole lot of torps in a laser beam formation from Minotaur by poking the bow of my Yamato around island.  These torps all went into bow, way ahead of my belt, and I suspect it was everything that Minotaur had on his broadside, and I totally expected to sink, but no - I took some pathetically low damage.  I assume it had something to do with damage saturation.

[PNP]
Members
393 posts
2,952 battles

Damage saturation my friend. Your torps got unlucky and just hit the same section over and over again.

[PSP]
Members
6,262 posts
8,901 battles
4 minutes ago, Hatchetface_1 said:

I challenge ONE person here to show me one time it took 4 FOUR torps to sink a DD. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,496 battles

I think what is more disconcerting is that the answers suggest everyone is fine with the concept of damage saturation. Perhaps it is worth changing?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,058 posts
3,926 battles
16 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I can’t show you exactly this, but I once took a whole lot of torps in a laser beam formation from Minotaur by poking the bow of my Yamato around island.  These torps all went into bow, way ahead of my belt, and I suspect it was everything that Minotaur had on his broadside, and I totally expected to sink, but no - I took some pathetically low damage.  I assume it had something to do with damage saturation.

Yep. DamSat. Had the same thing happen in my Massachusetts. Thought the DD was going to disengage under smoke as he was low health. Instead he popped out <3km and fed me a face full of torps. I ate every.single.one. Thought I was toast but only lost a little over  a quarter hp with a wee bit o' flooding.

Edited by BBsquid

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,058 posts
3,926 battles
1 minute ago, monpetitloup said:

I think what is more disconcerting is that the answers suggest everyone is fine with the concept of damage saturation. Perhaps it is worth changing?

How would you change it, Mon? Serious question. The idea has merit

[HINON]
Members
2,267 posts
6,338 battles
20 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

....do you have a concept of what damage saturation is? There's a gif specifically for this.

-eSDDFnd1boxy0pGcLGWlYA92zGFSE0Gy1UESpxJ

You mean this one?

Members
1,156 posts
6,927 battles

there was an old post around here,

On 8/4/2017 at 8:14 PM, KiyoSenkan said:

npdZWKV.gif

Here's a video of a destroyer taking 10 torpedoes in the same place and surviving.

What doesn't exist, again?

edit ninjad.

Edited by Frederick_The_Great

[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,496 battles
Just now, BBsquid said:

How would you change it, Mon? Serious question. The idea has merit

I’m not sure how to do it technically since theyve divided the hp pools among the ship etc. but i guess id try and remove the limitation on damage saturation altogether and/or make the ship one pool of hp. My justification being that if multiple torps hit the ship it should be dead, not magically take one full damage hit and several no damage hits. How would you go about it?

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,670 posts
3,924 battles
3 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

You mean this one?

Yea that one but the high-res version.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,058 posts
3,926 battles
5 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

I’m not sure how to do it technically since theyve divided the hp pools among the ship etc. but i guess id try and remove the limitation on damage saturation altogether and/or make the ship one pool of hp. My justification being that if multiple torps hit the ship it should be dead, not magically take one full damage hit and several no damage hits. How would you go about it?

I can't think of a solid idea. Maybe rather than DR, give the TDS a hp pool? Separate port and starboard pools? Your idea may be better 

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,727 battles
18 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

You mean this one?

Dat a$$!

• Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
1,850 posts
12,893 battles
43 minutes ago, Hatchetface_1 said:

I challenge ONE person here to show me one time it took 4 FOUR torps to sink a DD. Show me ONE time a tier ten DD's torps averaged 3000 damage per hit on another DD. Incidentally, these torps hit from 2.7 klms one after the other. I challenge anyone to show me this happening before.

Challenge excepted *Hold My Beer*

Or the WOWS version

^^^ Explaination starts at min 4:40.

Just a little bit of advise. Chill out there @Hatchetface_1 There is no Voodoo Hack going on, nothing fishy, just a miss understanding on your part... Well GL/HF

Edited by Navalpride33

[O7]
[O7]
Members
290 posts
12,331 battles

Were it anyone else I would dismiss it as bait... But.... Wow

• Funny 1

[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,326 battles
30 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

You mean this one?

These gifs are the cure for ED.

[KNTI2]
Members
787 posts
4,302 battles
36 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

If you make the ship one pool, then DD take full HE pen damage all the time, versus saturation where it's possible to survive at low HP with fractional multipliers to saturated. Without damage saturation a DD would get hosed faster since most hits concentrate at the stern, where saturation generally kicks in (as in that gif). For that matter DDs generally saturate across the entire hull on a regular basis depending on the situation.

It'd also make it so that HE spam doesn't require you to actually throw anywhere but the superstructure on anything larger than a DD, versus now where it saturates.

> how would you go about it

Considering how this only affects specifically DD v DD combat and can be solved with leading 10 degrees on your spread, versus basically taking 2-5k salvos at 100% with no relief when I'm trying to WASD in a DD, I wouldn't attempt to "solve" it.

Edited by NATOMarksman

[-TKS-]
Members
301 posts
5,967 battles

I still think getting trolled 1:12000 games are pretty good odds nothing to lose sleep over. 

[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,496 battles
17 minutes ago, NATOMarksman said:

If you make the ship one pool, then DD take full HE pen damage all the time, versus saturation where it's possible to survive at low HP with fractional multipliers to saturated. Without damage saturation a DD would get hosed faster since most hits concentrate at the stern, where saturation generally kicks in (as in that gif). For that matter DDs generally saturate across the entire hull on a regular basis depending on the situation.

It'd also make it so that HE spam doesn't require you to actually throw anywhere but the superstructure on anything larger than a DD, versus now where it saturates.

> how would you go about it

Considering how this only affects specifically DD v DD combat and can be solved with leading 10 degrees on your spread, versus basically taking 2-5k salvos at 100% with no relief when I'm trying to WASD in a DD, I wouldn't attempt to "solve" it.

Its clear that this “mechanic” benefits some, same as with open water stealth firing, bft working on mogami, and ships showing up on the minimap before they show up on screen. The question is whether or not the game in general would benefit by its removal. I would lean towards removing it, i mean how do you justify taking 4-5 torp hits on a dd (or any ship for that matter) and not dying or at least being permanently disabled (wouldnt that be fun in game?)? My guess is its not going anywhere...

[KNTI2]
Members
787 posts
4,302 battles
18 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Its clear that this “mechanic” benefits some, same as with open water stealth firing, bft working on mogami, and ships showing up on the minimap before they show up on screen. The question is whether or not the game in general would benefit by its removal. I would lean towards removing it, i mean how do you justify taking 4-5 torp hits on a dd (or any ship for that matter) and not dying or at least being permanently disabled (wouldnt that be fun in game?)? My guess is its not going anywhere...

How many times has this happened to you, versus how many times you've had damage saturation on your stern keep you afloat at low HP from gunfire?

Removing this would hurt you way more than it would help, and it'd only help if your lead was only good for a marginal stern hit rather than actually raking the hull.

Edited by NATOMarksman

[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,496 battles
2 minutes ago, NATOMarksman said:

How many times has this happened to you, versus how many times you've had damage saturation on your stern keep you afloat at low HP from gunfire?

Removing this would hurt you way more than it would help, and it'd only help if your lead was only good for a marginal stern hit rather than actually raking the hull.

Ive had it hurt me enough playing dds and not help me enough in bbs. Regardless i’m still for getting rid of it even though i may benefit from it.

Edited by monpetitloup

Beta Testers
2,118 posts
3,591 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

this is USS Pittsburgh. you may have noticed she has no bow in this photograph. damage saturation is a thing, sort of. you cant expect to sink a ship by hitting superstructure with HE shells do you? 

.image.jpeg.25ccb76f11bdb4f0852f600476fcbf71.jpeg

[VW]
Members
1,934 posts
12,496 battles
4 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

this is USS Pittsburgh. you may have noticed she has no bow in this photograph. damage saturation is a thing, sort of. you cant expect to sink a ship by hitting superstructure with HE shells do you? 

.image.jpeg.25ccb76f11bdb4f0852f600476fcbf71.jpeg

Believe me i’m for nerfing harry and kitty as well!  How many torps did uss steelers take?