You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralQ

Subs...WOWS Rubicon

137 comments in this topic

[T-R-F]
Members
292 posts
12,549 battles

Those who have played WOT  may remember the Rubicon patch and how poorly that was received for what it was going to try to do. Thankfully WG scrapped it before it got too far.

That is what Subs is. I know some of you wanted subs  but many of us knew it would be a bad thing to do. Hell in both WOWS and WOT player complain about invisifire  or  attacked when you can't counter. a sub is the height of that since their whole purpose is to attack and leave unseen. Not to mention they are overall too slow and given what we have seen of the event can't  be under for too long so  can't escape after a hopefully good run. and again breaks the meta of the game. Also if they  in their eyes couldn't get CVs right why in the world should we trust them with Subs?

And that leads to the big point. WG.....

YOU LIED TO US

Since the beginning you have stated repeatedly that you would never bring subs in this game for multiple reasons. Now you are and from the sounds of it were always working in the background to make them a thing while saying to our faces you wouldn't. so why should I give you my money, why should I even trust you when you have been clearly lying to me. How much money did you waste on this idea rather then fix actual issues and that lack of lines is bull, you are about to launch the RN DD, you still have the itallian navy the russian BBs. yes at some point you will run out sicne you are in one period. Ocne that happens launch a new game with more freedom and jsut keep enough staff to maintain WOWS

At minimum half your player base deosn't want this. FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 10

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
43 posts
1,460 battles

Thank goodness we can rest assured that people will not take this submarine test personally...

• Funny 4

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,546 posts

Odd, wasn't this a thread already?

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,651 posts
3,924 battles

.....you do realize that thusfar it's only for Halloween right? It's not like the spaceship-ships or the bathtub boats are still around.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,277 posts
25,281 battles

What is this Rubicon patch?  It doesn't sound familiar so it must have been after I had quit.

[T-R-F]
Members
292 posts
12,549 battles
4 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

.....you do realize that thusfar it's only for Halloween right? It's not like the spaceship-ships or the bathtub boats are still around.

Halloween is fisrt stage. if the feedback is great they will brign it into the game.

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,651 posts
3,924 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

Halloween is fisrt stage. if the feedback is great they will brign it into the game.

Like I said, then where are the spaceship-ships and the bathtub boats? Those were popular.

[T-R-F]
Members
292 posts
12,549 battles
4 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

What is this Rubicon patch?  It doesn't sound familiar so it must have been after I had quit.

can't remeber the full details but  it was a strogn pay to win even more then the game already is.

here a bit of it

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/world-of-tanks-update-10-0-crosses-the-line-with-rubicon.html

I remember the patches being one ofthe major thigns players hated.

[T-R-F]
Members
292 posts
12,549 battles
2 minutes ago, Get_Kraken said:

Yes, but maybe in a completely separate game mode for all we know.

this is WG. WOT, the Graf Zeplin and now the carrier rework. they don't have a good track record and now the lie to us on this issue

[XXX]
[XXX]
Members
16 posts
12,021 battles
Just now, AdmiralQ said:

this is WG. WOT, the Graf Zeplin and now the carrier rework. they don't have a good track record and now the lie to us on this issue

Nothing but a couple hiccups.  They will get it straightened out.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
112 posts
9,789 battles
32 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

At minimum half your player base deosn't want this.

3 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

Food for thought .... YW

• Funny 1

[T-R-F]
Members
292 posts
12,549 battles
2 minutes ago, NuiNiuhi said:

Nothing but a couple hiccups.  They will get it straightened out.

the fact that WOT is dying I say more then a couple of hicups

• Boring 1

[SOUP]
7,546 posts

*fingersnap*   That's where I've seen this thread before!

[T-R-F]
Members
292 posts
12,549 battles
2 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

*fingersnap*   That's where I've seen this thread before!

*blows whistle*

yeah. they tried to censor me saying no constructive feedback  so I expanded it

[SOUP]
7,546 posts
2 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

You're still insulting WG staff and making defamatory remarks

• Cool 1

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
43 posts
1,460 battles

It's their game and their right to bring in subs if they think it will expand potential content and keep the game going longer.  I'm all for it if it is done thoughtfully.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,651 posts
3,924 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

So far it isn't much different.

50 minutes ago, AdmiralQ said:

Hell in both WOWS and WOT player complain about invisifire  or  attacked when you can't counter. a sub is the height of that since their whole purpose is to attack and leave unseen. Not to mention they are overall too slow and given what we have seen of the event can't  be under for too long so  can't escape after a hopefully good run. and again breaks the meta of the game. Also if they  in their eyes couldn't get CVs right why in the world should we trust them with Subs?

This is the only quasi-constructive thing you've had to say about the actual topic and yet you're basically saying that submarines in-game aren't going to amount to a damn thing(I agree). Yet you then contradict yourself by saying it breaks the meta of the game. How? I view this as a nail in the coffin on the subject once it goes live and people realize how boring it is and how little damage potential you're going to have even if you spawned behind the reds your max speed is still akin to a battleship going half speed.

You are freaking out over NOTHING.

[NNA]
Members
182 posts
5,642 battles
2 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Which means they will probably lock this thread too.:Smile_popcorn:

InBeforeTheLock.gif

[T-R-F]
Members
292 posts
12,549 battles
3 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

because they deserve it for LYING

• Bad 2

[CYPHR]
Supertester
25 posts
5,997 battles

The OP is so full of salt he had to try and make a new thread just like the one he made that was locked. Come on man. Calm down, take a breath, and maybe get some fresh air.  Also the obligatory in before lock. :Smile_popcorn:

[T-R-F]
Members
292 posts
12,549 battles
2 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

So far it isn't much different.

This is the only quasi-constructive thing you've had to say about the actual topic and yet you're basically saying that submarines in-game aren't going to amount to a damn thing(I agree). Yet you then contradict yourself by saying it breaks the meta of the game. How? I view this as a nail in the coffin on the subject once it goes live and people realize how boring it is and how little damage potential you're going to have even if you spawned behind the reds your max speed is still akin to a battleship going half speed.

You are freaking out over NOTHING.

No I am not. I see alot that can go wrong with this. I was there for the 8.6 arty nerf and how that started destroying WOT because with out accruate arty TD's ruled since they could control choke points with their frontal armor.

• Bad 1

[SOUP]
7,546 posts
1 minute ago, AdmiralQ said:

because they deserve it for LYING

Makes to attempt at hiding it
INB4 the lock
Gendarmerie-nationale_largeur_760.jpg

[T-R-F]
Members
292 posts
12,549 battles
Just now, ___Oz___ said:

The OP is so full of salt he had to try and make a new thread just like the one he made that was locked. Come on man. Calm down, take a breath, and maybe get some fresh air.  Also the obligatory in before lock. :Smile_popcorn:

I am tired of games I like getting ruined by devs who have no clue what they are doing and ruin them

• Boring 1

[SOUP]
7,546 posts
1 minute ago, AdmiralQ said:

I am tired of games I like getting ruined by devs who have no clue what they are doing and ruin them

Are you a sponsor or a shareholder?

• Cool 1