Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SeaLycan

More AC options

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[TOH]
Members
1 post
499 battles

I'd first like to say that I really enjoy this game and that it is way more polished and balanced than tanks or planes. But it also feels a bit more lacking in vehicle option especially when it comes to the Aircraft Carriers. Now I'm not expecting them to put in fully fleshed out AC lines for the other countries, even though they could for the French and British. But it would be nice to see some options put in for the countries that can have them even if its only a few premium ships at first. Plus it would be really cool to see the Germans Graf Zeppellin in action!  

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_carriers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,447
[SALVO]
Members
20,491 posts
20,327 battles

You can always spot a total warships maroon when they don't use well known naval nomenclature like CV for Aircraft Carriers or BB for Battleships.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,606 battles
19 minutes ago, Crucis said:

You can always spot a total warships maroon when they don't use well known naval nomenclature like CV for Aircraft Carriers or BB for Battleships.

1. First post of his.

2. 191 battles.

Easy there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,447
[SALVO]
Members
20,491 posts
20,327 battles
8 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

1. First post of his.

2. 191 battles.

Easy there.

COMPLETELY irrelevant!!!   I knew all this terminology decades before this game was ever considered, let alone designed and created, and I've never even served in the Navy to have learned this stuff first hand.  So, sorry, this is the sort of stuff that doesn't require a single nanosecond of WoWS experience or time on this forum to learn, buckaroo!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[HSF14]
[HSF14]
Members
46 posts
12,941 battles

Hey Crucis maybe you should just show someone else some respect and teach him the terminology instead of name calling. Its what this country lacks civility !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,447
[SALVO]
Members
20,491 posts
20,327 battles
6 minutes ago, VonMelon said:

Hey Crucis maybe you should just show someone else some respect and teach him the terminology instead of name calling. Its what this country lacks civility !

I learned that terminology on my own.  So can he.  It's called cracking open a freaking book! (or a web site)  And I don't show anyone respect just for having a pulse.  Respect is earned, not handed out like a participation trophy.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,365
[WOLF9]
Members
1,499 posts
10 hours ago, Crucis said:

COMPLETELY irrelevant!!!   I knew all this terminology decades before this game was ever considered, let alone designed and created, and I've never even served in the Navy to have learned this stuff first hand.  So, sorry, this is the sort of stuff that doesn't require a single nanosecond of WoWS experience or time on this forum to learn, buckaroo!!!

So there! And stay off his lawn too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,447
[SALVO]
Members
20,491 posts
20,327 battles
5 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

So there! And stay off his lawn too!

LOL.  That's right!  Stay off my lawn (if I actually had one)!!!  :cap_horn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50
[UTWE]
Members
244 posts
3,382 battles
10 hours ago, Crucis said:

COMPLETELY irrelevant!!!   I knew all this terminology decades before this game was ever considered, let alone designed and created, and I've never even served in the Navy to have learned this stuff first hand.  So, sorry, this is the sort of stuff that doesn't require a single nanosecond of WoWS experience or time on this forum to learn, buckaroo!!!

You don't have to be in the navy to learn simple warship terms, but yeah it's CV not AC most people should know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
423
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,968 posts
10,955 battles
21 hours ago, SeaLycan said:

I'd first like to say that I really enjoy this game and that it is way more polished and balanced than tanks or planes. But it also feels a bit more lacking in vehicle option especially when it comes to the Aircraft Carriers. Now I'm not expecting them to put in fully fleshed out AC lines for the other countries, even though they could for the French and British. But it would be nice to see some options put in for the countries that can have them even if its only a few premium ships at first. Plus it would be really cool to see the Germans Graf Zeppellin in action!  

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_carriers

Useful abbreviations for ships.

CV = Aircraft carrier

BB = Battleship

BBV = Hybrid battleship carrier, see IJN Ise, you'll see it talked about from time to time

BC, CB or CC = Battlecruiser, CB is "Large" cruiser, blame the USN, CC is the correct USN designation, but you usually won't find it used. (some que as battleships, like Kongo, some que as cruisers, like Graf Spee)

CL = light cruiser (any cruiser with 6"/155mm guns or smaller)

CA = Heavy Cruiser (any cruiser with guns larger than 6"/155mm), came from AC for Armored Cruiser, of which there aren't any in game as of yet 

DD = Destroyer

DDL = Destroyer Leaders (some of the DD's in game are actually leader variants, not that it really matters much)

SS = Submarine, because well, there's that Halloween thing.

Edited by SgtBeltfed
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×