Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thamelas

The Hell With Ranked. I'm Done.

26 comments in this topic

[WSU]
[WSU]
Members
20 posts
6,988 battles

I'm fed up with working my [edited]off, only to be screwed over by players. I'm sick of the damn grind, and praying that a [edited] player doesn't cause me to lose my hard earned stars. Ranked is like a group project in college where a couple people have to do all the damn work just to pass, while others are just along for the ride. I am damn done with it. I want to play to relax after work. Not get pissed off at incompetent people that cost me my progress.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Join the club. It's just not worth the 3k steel and a pretty flag.

Fortunately there is another form of ranked in the works. A shorter grind and it's at tier 5

[WORX]
Members
1,814 posts
12,853 battles
9 minutes ago, Thamelas said:

I am damn done with it. I want to play to relax after work. Not get pissed off at incompetent people that cost me my progress.

^^ Ranked was never meant to be for relaxation lol.

In all seriousness, to pass this season of Ranked, you need to show you're above human capacity in physical Health and emotional health then the avg mortal player.

Its not easy in that regard. at least you came to your senses and called it off. For that, Well done

• Cool 1

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

I stopped at rank 10. After about 30 battles it was just crazy with the win one lose one crap. So rank 10 it is, no team work and too many running from the objectives for me.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,838 posts
13,778 battles

Rank, The group project from hell. 
Yep thats an honest assessment of Rank. 
And until they remove the Star System for progression Rank will never change. 

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[RMRGD]
Members
183 posts
16,864 battles

I have ranked out 5 times to R1 so I have flint and blank.   This season and i think my first season I only did to rank 5.   This season I am so burned out of Tier X.   The worst thing is the salt from other players.   I got a PM from another player saying my death was the loss of the game and he just went off on a salty storm.    Our team lost all ships they lost maybe 1.  In the end it didn't matter game wise.  What did matter is I stopped right there and didn't play another game of ranked.   Probably wont ever do ranked again.  I gave it a shot for resources.  But its not fun at all.  it isnt a test of my skill either.   

I rather grind the Izumo then play ranked. 

• Cool 4

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,340 posts
14,832 battles
3 minutes ago, deresistance said:

This says it all. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,535 posts
6,426 battles

Ranked?  Never understood why it's played since most all players hate it. Mystifying to me.

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,672 battles

then i looked at your profile.......

254battles with shima out of 335 battles....

you know, i made a post back then asking people to name and fame competent shima players in ranked, my post sanked without any reply, that shows something about shimakaze and ranked

• Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,340 posts
14,832 battles
8 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

then i looked at your profile.......

254battles with shima out of 335 battles....

you know, i made a post back then asking people to name and fame competent shima players in ranked, my post sanked without any reply, that shows something about shimakaze and ranked

That is more of problem of the T10 ranked setup then most players.  When the majority of the ranked matches are played where most people have the fewest choices there are compromises made.  

Members
569 posts
16 minutes ago, deresistance said:

I have ranked out 5 times to R1 so I have flint and blank.   This season and i think my first season I only did to rank 5.   This season I am so burned out of Tier X.   The worst thing is the salt from other players.   I got a PM from another player saying my death was the loss of the game and he just went off on a salty storm.    Our team lost all ships they lost maybe 1.  In the end it didn't matter game wise.  What did matter is I stopped right there and didn't play another game of ranked.   Probably wont ever do ranked again.  I gave it a shot for resources.  But its not fun at all.  it isnt a test of my skill either.   

WOW now that last sentence says Volumes.

Your in a very large group of players who have seen the light. Ranked is totally F'd  and WG can't see it. Too Many Cheerleaders not enough Fans.

• Funny 1

[H_]
Members
780 posts

OP, spot on.  It's just non-value added.....  Got to 11 and it was just more "luck"than skill; and, without an ELO system, it's a crap shoot as to the skill each team has....

Just non-value added because the rewards are not equivalent to the effort; because of miss matched teams and seriously odd play.

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,672 battles
8 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

That is more of problem of the T10 ranked setup then most players.  When the majority of the ranked matches are played where most people have the fewest choices there are compromises made.  

no, he also has gearing worcester des moines montana

yet he chose to rank witht he worst ship possible.

choosing to use that ship clearly shows his issues with his understanding of the game, but it's also near impossible to get good result with shima in ranked

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
1,323 posts
3,585 battles
38 minutes ago, deresistance said:

Izumo was meant to be played like a Missouri with a manual secondary build I made it work. It is even more viable now since the buffs to Izumo a nice fun alternative to ranked. I will try to advance to a higher rank and then quit when I get burned out.

[PQUOD]
Members
283 posts
6,245 battles

It is what it is. Ranked attracts very competitive players so it is challenging.

I  personally like ranked. I have discovered it almost has to have a 19 point captain in a ship you are most comfortable in.

I play the basic free account so it takes longer to gain multiple T10 ships and 19 point captains. 

I only have two T10 ships and only one 19 captain. So I stopped after getting to 9. Maybe next ranked season I will be better prepared. I blame no one, nor WG for this. It is my decision and/or my fault. Nobody else's. If someone makes it to Rank 1 then I commend you. You endured and what ever your strategy was. It worked. <0

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles
40 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Ranked?  Never understood why it's played since most all players hate it. Mystifying to me.

They play because they want the pirate flags and bragging rights.

[TBW]
Members
6,395 posts
12,011 battles

I never took rank seriously after the second season, which was my first season playing. There is no ranking system and I refuse not to be a team player and just go for the top spot. I dabble a little for the fun of it though. I think I have 37 battles this season. I may get a few more in before the season ends. The only real nice thing about Rank Battle is that it's a change from 12 v 12 randoms, and not much of a change at that.

Members
3,764 posts
13,992 battles

I've been preserving my sanity tis Ranked Season by only playing 2 Ranked battles. Just enough to get the 1 star at Rank 15 so that I could get the flag. Had Season 10 been any other tier but tier 10, I'd still be playing Ranked.

I wont be surprised in the least if Ranked Season 11 is also tier 10.

[PSP]
Members
6,226 posts
8,853 battles
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

I enjoy the different tactics that games with limited players allow. I also enjoy having a team goal to try to accomplish. When the players are all decent sorts, whether or not they are per se the best players, I also enjoy the camaraderie. What I don't enjoy are the players who take Ranked far too seriously and act like whiny little jerks, lambasting their teammates for every little thing that they don't personally approve of.

I'm not good enough to rank out but rank 10 seems to be doable for me. I enjoy the two-star flag reward because it gives me a month that I can play tier 10s without having to worry too much about losing too many credits on a standard account. I also enjoy the huge number of nice "goodies" I get for free the next time Ranked rolls around because, having reached rank 10, I get to higher up the ladder.

Members
10 posts
2,444 battles

I am playing ranked to get Iron (7650 to go), to get the flint lollllll!!! , if there was a better way, (hopefully clan battles are bettter)!

Members
197 posts
8,523 battles
On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, RedSeaBear said:

Rank, The group project from hell. 
Yep thats an honest assessment of Rank. 
And until they remove the Star System for progression Rank will never change. 

:cap_cool:

Totally agree too many BB's sitting back sniping away from all the action then getting top xp for all the work you put in.. 

Sign in to follow this