Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

UK carriers coming soon?

25 comments in this topic

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

I was in the middle of updating mods and I notice 5 new ship icons was added this update and it UK carriers.
sE5c8qC.png

B stand for U.K. or British. and A stand for Aircraft carrier 

what you think? this part of the upcoming CV rework?

Alpha Tester
1,303 posts
403 battles

Probally after CV rework, but could also be used to encourage people to try out CV so could be with them.

Members
297 posts
39 battles

I don't see anything in the GameParams about them, on any client - but I'll make sure to look out for that in the future.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,451 posts
8,107 battles

They said after the rework, if the rework happens because it only happens if it works, the balance is right and they can actually get the community on board with it. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,865 posts
1,338 battles
23 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

I was in the middle of updating mods and I notice 5 new ship icons was added this update and it UK carriers.
sE5c8qC.png

My understanding is the next 3 lines after Brit DDs are:

Dutch cruisers

French DDs

Brit CVs, but not till after the rework.  (Could be used to launch it though...)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,811 posts
10,343 battles

3 months for the CV rework, optimistically.

3 months for that new CV line. Maybe.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

It's not coming  before the cv rework, and that's not happening until early to mid 2019. 

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,537 posts
4,419 battles
21 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

sE5c8qC.png

Nice. From left to right: Courageous class, Illustrious class, HMS Hermes, Audacious class, Implacable class.

I will be rather upset if HMS Argus isn't the tier 3 CV. 

• Cool 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles
Just now, _1204_ said:

It's not coming  before the cv rework, and that's not happening until early to mid 2019. 

it take a average of 6 months to model a new tech tree line. So it a high possibility that it will come with cv rework. But I not counting on it

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,815 posts
7,100 battles

of course, they will follow hot on the heels of the rework, if they aren't dovetailed into the rework itself. I will enjoy seeing a prediction I made to Pigeon of War, 6 months + ago, and which was hotly, sneeringly, rejected, come true. :Smile_glasses:

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
Just now, MajorRenegade said:

it take a average of 6 months to model a new tech tree line. So it a high possibility that it will come with cv rework. But I not counting on it

Well I believe the plan was to release Russian battleships mid 2019, and Italian cruisers towards the end... but that was just a tentative post I saw many months ago. Plans change

[SF-A]
Members
2,895 posts
5,713 battles
9 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

My understanding is the next 3 lines after Brit DDs are:

Dutch cruisers

French DDs

Brit CVs, but not till after the rework.  (Could be used to launch it though...)

I don't believe dutch anything was mentioned by the devs. French DDs have been beating around the bush for a while, so they're likely soon, but Italy has the closest mentioned cruiser line. IIRC, they were slated for the end of 2018, but that's clearly been moved back or scrapped for now.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,180 posts
11,693 battles

Not until after the CV rework.

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles

I honestly expect them to release these guys in December or January as usually Icons are made after the ship model is done. Before wargaming took to event arcs a lot more ships were posted up on the dev blog. Remember the recent anniversary stream and how they said they wanted the CV rework to be done by the end of the year. What better way to celebrate the end of the British arc than with British CV's. Also, remember that supertasters and CC's are under NDA and won't say anything if asked about this.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
715 posts
1,782 battles

According to the camo xml, PBSA_508 is named Indomitable, which makes it a member of the Illustrious-class.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,180 posts
11,693 battles
8 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

I honestly expect them to release these guys in December or January as usually Icons are made after the ship model is done. Before wargaming took to event arcs a lot more ships were posted up on the dev blog. Remember the recent anniversary stream and how they said they wanted the CV rework to be done by the end of the year. What better way to celebrate the end of the British arc than with British CV's. Also, remember that supertasters and CC's are under NDA and won't say anything if asked about this.

I think the most recent stream said 2019.  I don't expect it before the new year.

Beta Testers
1,329 posts
3,591 battles
28 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I think the most recent stream said 2019.  I don't expect it before the new year.

Most likely that is what will happen and then British Cv’s will launch in the same month or the month after.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
741 posts
63 battles
16 hours ago, _1204_ said:

Well I believe the plan was to release Russian battleships mid 2019, and Italian cruisers towards the end... but that was just a tentative post I saw many months ago. Plans change

A note found on the WG planning board.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4cjtmIRpqfmdj06B2S22

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,150 posts
14,555 battles

RN CV arrival with the CV rework would bring quite a lot of draw to Carriers.  With them, all the primary CV users of WWII will be represented.

Prepare to be Colonized.  Bismarck won't like this.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
741 posts
63 battles
6 hours ago, TheSeventhSeeker said:

Nächstes mal ohne Italien

2% of the world's economy vs 98% instead of 3% vs 97%? Go ahead buddy. :cap_like:

Up until Germany's [edited] in Russia it was the Germans paying the Italians due to the fact there was more Italian support for Germany's Russian campaign than vice versa. That is always conveniently forgotten. :cap_book:

On that note I will leave the neonazi crapalone.

Members
297 posts
39 battles
43 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

2% of the world's economy vs 98% instead of 3% vs 97%? Go ahead buddy. :cap_like:

Up until Germany's [edited] in Russia it was the Germans paying the Italians due to the fact there was more Italian support for Germany's Russian campaign than vice versa. That is always conveniently forgotten. :cap_book:

On that note I will leave the neonazi crapalone.

Neonazi, says the bootlicking mussolini shill.

Edited by TheSeventhSeeker

Sign in to follow this