Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

UK carriers coming soon?

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,741
[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,405 posts
4,550 battles

I was in the middle of updating mods and I notice 5 new ship icons was added this update and it UK carriers.
sE5c8qC.png

B stand for U.K. or British. and A stand for Aircraft carrier 

 

what you think? this part of the upcoming CV rework?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
167
Alpha Tester
1,338 posts
458 battles

Probally after CV rework, but could also be used to encourage people to try out CV so could be with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,191
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,956 posts
9,222 battles

They said after the rework, if the rework happens because it only happens if it works, the balance is right and they can actually get the community on board with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,055
[WOLF1]
Members
4,002 posts
23 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

I was in the middle of updating mods and I notice 5 new ship icons was added this update and it UK carriers.
sE5c8qC.png

B stand for U.K. or British. and A stand for Aircraft carrier 

 

what you think? this part of the upcoming CV rework?

 

 

My understanding is the next 3 lines after Brit DDs are:

Dutch cruisers

French DDs

Brit CVs, but not till after the rework.  (Could be used to launch it though...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,588
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,334 posts
11,284 battles

3 months for the CV rework, optimistically.

3 months for that new CV line. Maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[-S-R-]
Members
1,894 posts
2,726 battles

It's not coming  before the cv rework, and that's not happening until early to mid 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,844
[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,094 posts
5,013 battles
21 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

I was in the middle of updating mods and I notice 5 new ship icons was added this update and it UK carriers.
sE5c8qC.png

B stand for U.K. or British. and A stand for Aircraft carrier 

 

what you think? this part of the upcoming CV rework?

 

 

Nice. From left to right: Courageous class, Illustrious class, HMS Hermes, Audacious class, Implacable class.

I will be rather upset if HMS Argus isn't the tier 3 CV. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,741
[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,405 posts
4,550 battles
Just now, _1204_ said:

It's not coming  before the cv rework, and that's not happening until early to mid 2019. 

it take a average of 6 months to model a new tech tree line. So it a high possibility that it will come with cv rework. But I not counting on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,228
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,294 posts
8,194 battles

of course, they will follow hot on the heels of the rework, if they aren't dovetailed into the rework itself. I will enjoy seeing a prediction I made to Pigeon of War, 6 months + ago, and which was hotly, sneeringly, rejected, come true. :Smile_glasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[-S-R-]
Members
1,894 posts
2,726 battles
Just now, MajorRenegade said:

it take a average of 6 months to model a new tech tree line. So it a high possibility that it will come with cv rework. But I not counting on it

Well I believe the plan was to release Russian battleships mid 2019, and Italian cruisers towards the end... but that was just a tentative post I saw many months ago. Plans change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
799
[SF-A]
Members
2,981 posts
6,165 battles
9 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

My understanding is the next 3 lines after Brit DDs are:

Dutch cruisers

French DDs

Brit CVs, but not till after the rework.  (Could be used to launch it though...)

I don't believe dutch anything was mentioned by the devs. French DDs have been beating around the bush for a while, so they're likely soon, but Italy has the closest mentioned cruiser line. IIRC, they were slated for the end of 2018, but that's clearly been moved back or scrapped for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,643 posts
3,820 battles

I honestly expect them to release these guys in December or January as usually Icons are made after the ship model is done. Before wargaming took to event arcs a lot more ships were posted up on the dev blog. Remember the recent anniversary stream and how they said they wanted the CV rework to be done by the end of the year. What better way to celebrate the end of the British arc than with British CV's. Also, remember that supertasters and CC's are under NDA and won't say anything if asked about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
267
[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
767 posts
1,938 battles

According to the camo xml, PBSA_508 is named Indomitable, which makes it a member of the Illustrious-class.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,400
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,117 posts
12,382 battles
8 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

I honestly expect them to release these guys in December or January as usually Icons are made after the ship model is done. Before wargaming took to event arcs a lot more ships were posted up on the dev blog. Remember the recent anniversary stream and how they said they wanted the CV rework to be done by the end of the year. What better way to celebrate the end of the British arc than with British CV's. Also, remember that supertasters and CC's are under NDA and won't say anything if asked about this.

I think the most recent stream said 2019.  I don't expect it before the new year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,643 posts
3,820 battles
28 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I think the most recent stream said 2019.  I don't expect it before the new year.

Most likely that is what will happen and then British Cv’s will launch in the same month or the month after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
333
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,249 posts
63 battles
16 hours ago, _1204_ said:

Well I believe the plan was to release Russian battleships mid 2019, and Italian cruisers towards the end... but that was just a tentative post I saw many months ago. Plans change

 

A note found on the WG planning board.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4cjtmIRpqfmdj06B2S22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,633
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,073 posts
16,435 battles

RN CV arrival with the CV rework would bring quite a lot of draw to Carriers.  With them, all the primary CV users of WWII will be represented.

 

Prepare to be Colonized.  Bismarck won't like this.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
333
[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,249 posts
63 battles
6 hours ago, TheSeventhSeeker said:

Nächstes mal ohne Italien

2% of the world's economy vs 98% instead of 3% vs 97%? Go ahead buddy. :cap_like:

Up until Germany's [edited] in Russia it was the Germans paying the Italians due to the fact there was more Italian support for Germany's Russian campaign than vice versa. That is always conveniently forgotten. :cap_book:

On that note I will leave the neonazi crapalone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
298 posts
39 battles
43 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

2% of the world's economy vs 98% instead of 3% vs 97%? Go ahead buddy. :cap_like:

Up until Germany's [edited] in Russia it was the Germans paying the Italians due to the fact there was more Italian support for Germany's Russian campaign than vice versa. That is always conveniently forgotten. :cap_book:

On that note I will leave the neonazi crapalone.

Neonazi, says the bootlicking mussolini shill.

Edited by TheSeventhSeeker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×