Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DerKrampus

To anyone having trouble dodging torpedoes

8 comments in this topic

[-VT3-]
Members
1,627 posts
3,364 battles
8 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

aside from the torps that get launched by the island im hugging not to bad

Well, that's somewhat difficult to avoid.  xD  And if you're in a Colorado, and I'm in a Scharnhorst barreling down on you, there's little you can do beyond puckering.

But in open water, against DDs?  It works.  I think some people have torps arrive on their doorstep and complain about their inability to react in time, without realizing that the torps in question have likely been in the water for 20 seconds or more.  

Members
4,569 posts
6,516 battles
6 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

Well, that's somewhat difficult to avoid.  xD  And if you're in a Colorado, and I'm in a Scharnhorst barreling down on you, there's little you can do beyond puckering.

But in open water, against DDs?  It works.  I think some people have torps arrive on their doorstep and complain about their inability to react in time, without realizing that the torps in question have likely been in the water for 20 seconds or more.  

20 secs or more?  Maybe some....but that is a LONG time. I disagree. I think!  :Smile_teethhappy: What I HATE is a match with 5 DDs on both sides and 2 Carriers per side. I have gotten matches like that. Torp HELL!  Crazy. Nice vid by the way. :Smile_honoring:

[-VT3-]
Members
1,627 posts
3,364 battles
21 minutes ago, dmckay said:

20 secs or more?  Maybe some....but that is a LONG time. I disagree. I think!  :Smile_teethhappy: What I HATE is a match with 5 DDs on both sides and 2 Carriers per side. I have gotten matches like that. Torp HELL!  Crazy. Nice vid by the way. :Smile_honoring:

I'll admit, I'm kinda basing it off of my vague memories of Kamikaze.  I know it has a 30 second reload, and that once you've seen the first wave, the second only has another 10-15 to go before launch.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,539 posts
2,149 battles
13 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

I'll admit, I'm kinda basing it off of my vague memories of Kamikaze.  I know it has a 30 second reload, and that once you've seen the first wave, the second only has another 10-15 to go before launch.

Yup, learned that the hard way. Dodged Fujin torps in my Cleveland, thought it would be safe to charge his smoke. The next salvo got me just as I spotted him. That taught me to learn torp reloads on DDs. Also which ones have a reload booster.

Edited by AJTP89

Members
4,569 posts
6,516 battles
2 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

Ya.  I understand. I have a bias!  I feel this game is too loaded with torps. Did torps play a role in WWI and WWII?  Of course!  But IMO this game is overly loaded with them (some matches are torp madness!) and it's kinda non-historical. Whatever.  Gotta deal with it. It's an arcade game. Now the pro-torping maniacs are gonna crank me. Heh. OK!   Gotta admit that banging a ship with torps is FUN!  I get it. 

The players I really have an issue with are those on your own side and torp from behind you....some fools like to say "well if I hit you it's YOUR fault".  OK.  Well if I shoot you it's YOUR fault. Heh

• Cool 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,563 posts
3,539 battles
52 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

I love it when the Scharnhorst sisters do that, makes it super easy to kill them, it's so predictable but I'm guilty of it in my Scharnhorst also so it's easy to counter 

Sign in to follow this