guns_at_last_light

Constant game crashes

70 comments in this topic

Members
416 posts

When WOWS has a critical error (which seems to be happening a lot lately), I'm prevented from accessing the task bar, but am able to use alt-tab to toggle windows (that I cannot access). I have to shut the computer down because the game has taken over. This can't be normal. Anyone else experiencing this? This is the second time I've had to reinstall the game in several months, and my computer isn't even a year old and is up to date.

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,536 battles
28 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

When WOWS has a critical error (which seems to be happening a lot lately), I'm prevented from accessing the task bar, but am able to use alt-tab to toggle windows (that I cannot access). I have to shut the computer down because the game has taken over. This can't be normal. Anyone else experiencing this? This is the second time I've had to reinstall the game in several months, and my computer isn't even a year old and is up to date.

If you are using a Mac, welcome to the club...

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,536 battles
5 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Definitely not using a Mac, but I did at one point and that wrapper was terrible.

It still is. I cannot play anything other than Co-op and not get a crash.Waiting for my old machine to get a new hard drive to get back into regular play.

• Cool 1

Members
11 posts
1,320 battles

After the update the new client started to crash as soon as a battle got underway...…..I retried a couple of times and same thing...get underway....crash. Now the system has banned me from random battles...lol, blaming me for leaving the games early. As this is as stupid as it gets I'll just go ahead and forget it happened....coop battles are a rest for a while anyway.

Edited by ColdwaterCowboy_1

Members
11 posts
1,320 battles

ROFL.....you have my first post above...this one is my last. Thanks guys for the brief period of diversion and fun. WW was great but the update has trashed it completely. I'm to old to hang around for a fix so farewell. and smooth sailing!!

Community Department
2,111 posts
520 battles
11 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

I answered here. We've detected the reason of crushes. But still need some time to fix. 

Try if it can work for you. Change clan patches and delete all mods you have. 

• Cool 1

Members
416 posts
12 hours ago, dionkraft said:

Your saying that CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work?

Pressing Ctrl - Alt - Del brings up the correct screen, and selecting Task Manager opens it. However, I can't actually access the Task Manager. It's like the game has taken over my computer and I can't access any other open programs. I am forced to reboot.

• Cool 2

Members
416 posts
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

I answered here. We've detected the reason of crushes. But still need some time to fix. 

I have noticed that part of the HSF Harekaze is barely rendering, and that I can see through to the ocean behind the ship. I've been playing a lot of games in premium ships in order to build up silver, so this could be the reason. 

Members
2,500 posts
5,485 battles
4 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Pressing Ctrl - Alt - Del brings up the correct screen, and selecting Task Manager opens it. However, I can't actually access the Task Manager. It's like the game has taken over my computer and I can't access any other open programs. I am forced to reboot.

Search under the query: TASK MANAGER does not work.  

[INRI]
Members
25 posts
2,626 battles

Had to use my cell phone to get this as once it crashes it is damn near impossible to get out of it. ctl-alt-del doesn't work. Can't get to Task Manager to close anything. I found this and I was able to close it and then the app closed.

2018-09-20 19.04.42.jpg

[K_O_C]
Members
9 posts
6,272 battles

I have been seeing this same error message. It only started after I joined a squad and downloaded Team Speak.   I removed Over Wolf, still kicked.  I removed Team Speak and am now able to join .  however, I was kicked so many times I have been limited to Co Op only????    

Beta Testers
29 posts
4,297 battles
2 hours ago, bkhorn said:

Had to use my cell phone to get this as once it crashes it is damn near impossible to get out of it. ctl-alt-del doesn't work. Can't get to Task Manager to close anything. I found this and I was able to close it and then the app closed.

I get that long error message as well but the problem I get is the camera decides it wants to stay put during the match and I can no longer see modules working and its like a stationary view. The mini map freezes when the bug happens and nothing responds besides trying to move the ship. The game is pretty much unplayable right now.

[K_O_C]
Members
9 posts
6,272 battles

this is what I see when my game crashes, with or without skins loaded.  Is this issue being addressed?    IMG_1358.thumb.jpg.9c824aa40ef47868d800413d08462f99.jpg  

Edited by AB1Hogen
text issues

[INRI]
Members
25 posts
2,626 battles

It looks to me like there was an update overnight. We now have version 0.7.9.0.1038674 I don't think that was the version when I quit last night.

My mini map last night wouldn't show any islands until I launched in Safe Mode.

Edited by bkhorn

Beta Testers
29 posts
4,297 battles

yup, this game is pretty much unplayable now. I can maybe play one match if i get lucky but then I'm either stuck loading the match or the game goes fubar right after the start.

*Edit*I now have pink status because the game keeps thinking i'm leaving battle early.

HEY WARGAMING, YOU NEED TO LOOK IN TO THIS PRONTO!

Members
1 post
5,436 battles

2 days ago I try to play, I lost the game as soon as I entered the game I was punished with 11 games, I lost days premium camouflages flags all everything! damn it, fix this

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-21 a las 5.57.43 p.m..jpg

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
726 posts
11,940 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 6:39 PM, guns_at_last_light said:

Been having the same issue since 0.7.8.0 dropped. Hoped 0.7.9.0 would remedy it, but nope.

Game crashes at random times, sometimes on launch, sometimes in game, sometimes in port. Screen goes black, game cursor still moves, but game has crashed. Sound loops and repeats. Tried Alt-TAB to get to desktop, but nope. The crashed game remains on top no matter what I do. Including CTRL-ALT-DEL to open Task Manager. I get Task Manager to open, and can see the mini view of it when I Alt-TAB, but the crashed game remains on top and I cannot access it. After a complete restart I went in and changed Task Manager settings to "Always be on top" and can now shut the game down without a restart. But the crashing problem itself persists.

Respects,

Am

[W-G]
Members
6 posts
10,831 battles
On 9/20/2018 at 7:39 AM, turbo07 said:

I am experiencing the same lock up crash about 2 min into game. I don't run any mods or special clan patches

[BSC]
[BSC]
Members
3 posts
1,747 battles

I am having the same problem, I took off all my skins going as far as to remove my flags, and started up a training match, it worked but I’m worried of going into a coop match and getting penalized for inactivity.

image.jpg

Edited by likhgjjhvbgb