Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Let's make Ise in world of warships PC

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
1,323 posts
3,585 battles

time mark 1 min and 6 seconds is the start of Ise prior to that it is talking about IJN DD's splitting off in wows blitz.

So I am sure many of you have seen requests for Ise before, here we have a fully developed hybrid BB/CV gameplay that would work well with the CV rework mechanics. For those that are short on time, Ise has one bomber squadron which would be easily implemented into the game with the CV rework. I challenge all to speak out in support of this ship's addition to the game as we have all wanted this ship at one point or another. If I see Tone get added into wows blitz I will make a post on it rest assured. I think it is high time to launch this right after the CV rework concludes as it is already developed in Blitz. I trust in wargaming's ability to easily transfer the blitz model to the pc version. As both wows blitz and wows pc are developed on PC's. discuss

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles

It has taken WoW three years to realize that they screwed up CVs so bad they were unplayable; and they have withdrawn them for what looks like a two year rework; what on Earth makes you think that they have a chance of coming up with a workable UI and balancing a hybrid CV/BB? Brother ... you're dreaming!

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,197
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,807 posts
10,310 battles

Seems much harder to do with the new carrier rework.

From what we've seen the attacks take longer (as your squad of 12 attacks in 4 waves of 3) and are far more involved. There are no autodrops to just click+forget. That's too much to do while also trying to drive a battleship and shoot every 30s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,787
Members
9,962 posts

Not to mention Blitz was written by another group, and the code has little in common with the PC version....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
297
[KNTI2]
Members
786 posts
4,299 battles
45 minutes ago, mofton said:

Seems much harder to do with the new carrier rework.

From what we've seen the attacks take longer (as your squad of 12 attacks in 4 waves of 3) and are far more involved. There are no autodrops to just click+forget. That's too much to do while also trying to drive a battleship and shoot every 30s.

It would be useful for ASW, which is now a consideration; set your ship on autopilot and do local ASW while your team covers you.

Alternatively it could be a finite consumable, where you have limited and specific type planes like cat-launched (the Ise launched planes would ditch in the water when it expires) but can temporarily scout further than your normal vis range (no one said they had to necessarily be armed) in exchange for losing direct control of your ship and guns for the duration.

I'll admit that this aspect of the rework could be cool.

They could also bring in Tone with a similar feature but with fewer planes in reserve (probably one base).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
124
[FGNE]
Members
347 posts
2,474 battles

I think the CV rework will be the foundation for hybrids. I vote yes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
917
[LEGIO]
Members
2,990 posts
5,408 battles

I was hoping to see Ise introduced in its purely battleship form with its sister ship as the "aviation battleship" both ships were later upgraded into.

That said I think Blitz does a good job integrating a role for that limited airwing. It also provides minimal distraction from the battleship's main job. As a trade-off it shouldn't do as much damage as a real carrier.

 

Another thing the WoWS team should pick up from WoWS Blitz is the ability to take full control of secondary batteries on a ship. If a much simpler interface can manage it why can't this game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
407
[SIMP]
Members
1,019 posts
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

time mark 1 min and 6 seconds is the start of Ise

So wait, they could get this to work for Blitz, yet we can't have it in regular WoWs??

Am I in the living in the Bizzaro universe???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,065
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

I think there's a lot of wishful thinking that this will translate well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,323 posts
3,585 battles
15 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

So wait, they could get this to work for Blitz, yet we can't have it in regular WoWs??

Am I in the living in the Bizzaro universe???

No you are not, and your not the only disappointed one. It’s really stupid not to bring Ise into the game especially when the Cv rework is finished by new year’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,323 posts
3,585 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

It has taken WoW three years to realize that they screwed up CVs so bad they were unplayable; and they have withdrawn them for what looks like a two year rework; what on Earth makes you think that they have a chance of coming up with a workable UI and balancing a hybrid CV/BB? Brother ... you're dreaming!

Have you seen the new Cv rework gameplay footage? If you did then you’d realize that one bomber squadron is doable and fits with the Cv rework perfectly. Under the current system no it wouldn’t work, but under the new CV system it will. Due to it being action based and not real time strategy based.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
4 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Have you seen the new Cv rework gameplay footage? If you did then you’d realize that one bomber squadron is doable and fits with the Cv rework perfectly. Under the current system no it wouldn’t work, but under the new CV system it will. Due to it being action based and not real time strategy based.

First, it isn't gameplay footage; it's a proof of concept video where nothing but the planes actually work. Ships don't turn or dodge, anti-air is useless, al the planes do is fly around and attack ships without interference of any kind. What happens to accuracy when they are attacked? What happens when DFAA is engaged? 

Second, under the new CV system, no, it won't work, as who will be driving and fighting your ship while you're off playing Lord of the Skies? Are you going to put every gun on a BB on automatic? Or are you just going to let it sit there and get trashed? Either way has horrid consequences for your team. You don't have either the ability, or the user interface, to control the action in two different places at the same time.

Third, weren't the hybrid aircraft all scouts and floatplanes, and not combat attack aircraft? No, there was one DB squadron on Ise, which could not return to the ship because they weren't float planes. 

The suggestion is a joke, and a bad one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,262
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
5 hours ago, CO_Valle said:

I think the CV rework will be the foundation for hybrids. I vote yes!

 

5 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

I think there's a lot of wishful thinking that this will translate well.

This!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,792
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,068 posts
14,462 battles

If the Ise-class were to arrive into WoWS, I can only see them being their non-aviation refitted versions in Tier VI.  The CV Revamp is a manual control heavy form of play and requires the player to be focused on it.  What are your 356mm guns going to be doing?

 

Without the aviation refit, they're similar to Fuso-class.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×