Sign in to follow this  
LFSternn

Update poorly optimized!

3 comments in this topic

[SWOLF]
Members
21 posts
14,768 battles

The last 2 updates are incredibly SLOW and on top of that they crater system performance when running. Even though the update uses only 12% of one of my dual CPU's it prevents any other program from running. This is something new I haven't had this before.

If the update only took the few minutes to run as it has in the past I wouldn't mind but this last one took twenty six minutes to install. I have done full a full install a few months ago that took about half the time.

I hope this gets fixed it's really annoying.

• Boring 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,702 posts
3,941 battles

I'm currently downloading it now at a meager 1.1 to 1.2 mb/s..

and... dual CPU's are still a thing? I for sure thought those wouldve all died off by now. My 8 cores isn't burning this up much either but that'll be when it's actually installing the patch onto my SSD and not just downloading it and that has little to do with download rates.

From the looks of it, its a sizable patch almost 3/4 of a gig in size?

Also, they were having server issues a few days ago before the patch even dropped that was keeping people from logging in. Apparently some sort of hardware issue on their end.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,885 posts
1,338 battles

Yeah, I haven't had any issues with the 0.7.8 patch.  Downloading the new one now.

I have a 2011 processor, 8 threads, and it still works great with this game.

Sign in to follow this