Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shokNgnaw

Penalty to ESC out of a game if dead?

11 comments in this topic

[WJDC]
Members
58 posts
1,793 battles

Just wondering if there is a penalty or any kind of loss in points/recognition if, once you're killed in battle, you ESC out of the game to go to another ship and enter a new battle, before the original battle is complete? Specifically in Random Battles. Sometimes I get killed early and elect to go to another battle in a new ship, rather than stick around to the end. Hope that's not bad form.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,207 posts
12,733 battles

No penalty for leaving a battle after you're sunk.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,391 posts
Just now, shokNgnaw said:

Just wondering if there is a penalty or any kind of loss in points/recognition if, once you're killed in battle, you ESC out of the game to go to another ship and enter a new battle, before the original battle is complete? Specifically in Random Battles. Sometimes I get killed early and elect to go to another battle in a new ship, rather than stick around to the end. Hope that's not bad form.

I think it's only if you ESC out while still afloat.

• Cool 2

Members
9,962 posts
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I think it's only if you ESC out while still afloat.

This^

There were some complaints early that players were being punished for leaving the battle even after dead, but  haven't heard anyone claim that for awhile.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,916 battles

Just to be safe I wait almost a minute before going back to port and have not ever been punished .

:Smile_honoring:

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,839 posts
1,327 battles

Yeah, if I get sunk, I just hit the space, and if shows me another ship's view, I'm safe.  No issues.

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,971 battles
29 minutes ago, shokNgnaw said:

No pentathlon if you are sunk and leave a battle, only a problem if you leave battle when you are still alive.

Members
1,776 posts
795 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

No pentathlon if you are sunk and leave a battle, only a problem if you leave battle when you are still alive.

Good, I don't want to compete in a pentathlon.

Autocorrect?

[WJDC]
Members
58 posts
1,793 battles

Thanks, I hadn't seen any indication that I was losing anything from leaving after being sunk but just wanted to be sure. Being a noob, I often stick around to watch how others handle their boats & try to get some free pointers, but sometimes I just want to immediately get into the action again.

Beta Testers
1,304 posts
6,543 battles
56 minutes ago, shokNgnaw said:

Thanks, I hadn't seen any indication that I was losing anything from leaving after being sunk but just wanted to be sure. Being a noob, I often stick around to watch how others handle their boats & try to get some free pointers, but sometimes I just want to immediately get into the action again.

This is actually one of the best things you can do to get better quickly!  Though some may say you learn more of what not to do by watching others :Smile-_tongue:

[WOLF3]
Members
6,424 posts
2,396 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

No penalty for leaving a battle after you're sunk.

That is true HOWEVER, if the battle a Co-op (Random is actually possible, but extremely rare) where you're the only human player, if you punch out of the game then it ends in a Draw -- the bots will not fight to a conclusion.  If it looks like a green bot win, stay in and receive the better rewards of a Win.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this