You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Sims in Dynamo is hilarious

32 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles

Spec'd Sims for AA and took it into Dynamo. The first battle I shot down 41 planes the second battle 55 also had 11 and 12 kills respectively. If you have a Sims go troll some bots.

• Funny 4

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
191 posts
1,696 battles

Can't wait to take mine out.

[WOLFB]
Members
23 posts
6,476 battles

Can confirm, my first attempt in the Sims I got top score with 54 planes shot down using my Cleveland 19pts captain.

Blyskawica is also fun if you have it. 7(!) shells per salvo with flat trajectory can easily one shot a Schnellboot if you have good aim!

[RLGN]
Members
8,283 posts
17,327 battles
13 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Spec'd Sims for AA and took it into Dynamo. The first battle I shot down 41 planes the second battle 55 also had 11 and 12 kills respectively. If you have a Sims go troll some bots.

Nice.

Better than the crumpetapults in the original version that couldn’t shoot down a fly.

Did those RAF bot dullards actually manage to ‘help’ after that? Or did they still all get wiped out trying to shoot down bombers?

@LordJP_ Can Blys DFAA?

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles

I agree! I was practically giggling as I zipped around and blapped all those little Shnell Boats and swiped planes out of the sky.

I honestly never knew Sims was such an AA platform.

I played Dynamo once so far and got like 1900+ base XP.

Funny thing is that half the team was in Sims. So even if I hadn't got top score, a different Sims would have.

But for sure: sailing Sims in Dynamo is a hoot.

[SBS]
Members
2,483 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, IronMike11B4O said:

I thought I had you in my first game today and you shot down over 80 planes??

[INTEL]
Members
6,664 posts
25,785 battles

I did Sims - 50 planes - 5 Stars - not bad.

Alpha Tester
5,133 posts
2,438 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Can Blys DFAA?

No it can't, but its guns are far more accurate than the Sims' or Mahan's.

[WOLFB]
Members
23 posts
6,476 battles

@Estimated_Prophet Blys can't Def AA but it's guns are great to take care of the Schnellboote. A well coordinated team with Blyskas and some AA specc'ed Sims is a garanteed 5 star.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,808 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

I thought I had you in my first game today and you shot down over 80 planes??

79 is my max so far

[INTEL]
Members
8,592 posts
25,732 battles

image.thumb.png.00b3ee70997143f5fd2d030b46db9c48.png

Flagged it for credits. 1900 base XP only, 46 planes. Had a couple around 950K credits. I dont see why you couldn't make a million wit enough planes and kills. 

[NMKJT]
Members
2,733 posts

OMG I can't hit with the 5"/38s. 

Got 51 planes though, 1800 base xp; and not a full AA build, just a 10 point captain

[TF-64]
Members
376 posts
12,816 battles

Not Sims level of fun but the Mahan does do a great job too. Used the C hull with a full AA build and got like 30 planes and 15 boats. Did have 2 Simms on my team and they didn't want to share plane kills so had to work for them. 

[LEGIO]
Members
2,995 posts
5,408 battles

I managed to hit the S-boats with the RN 4.7"/45 battery in the original scenario, I'm sure I'll do fine with the 5"/38. The Soviet or Polish guns seem overkill for such a threat.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Sounds about like my experience. I took Sims out first, then followed up with Monaghan because I still need to get that dang flag and schnellboots are basically fish in a barrel, albeit very zippy fish in a rather large barrel.

[WOLF6]
Members
678 posts
3,837 battles

I've been playing with Monaghan, also for the flag mission - still need 24000 base XP.... erghhh...  But I got 6000 base XP today in 3 games.  so about  9-12 more games to get the base XP hopefully.

Using a 10-point captain - I thought Monaghan was a good AA boat, but I just realized that my 10-point captain is a CL captain, that is speced for DE and IFHE instead of BFT/AFT   So I'm not getting as many planes shotdown as I should when I trigger DFAA.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,286 posts
25,374 battles

Played one time in my Sims.  But I forgot to slot DFAA instead of speed boost.  But still got 5 stars and tops on the team.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,032 posts
5,330 battles

First battle without an AA captain was nearly 2K base XP. Forgot to switch to DFAA too. I never even played the original operation and was going in blind. Definitely the go to boat.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,543 posts
4,419 battles

Ironically the best destroyers for the operation are American ones, despite historically being nowhere near the Dunkirk evacuations.:Smile_teethhappy:

I specced a Farragut for AA and got 44 plane kills in that operation.

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,483 posts
11,150 battles

hum I took the Blyswiskya or however its spelt. I did ok with it and my team got 5 stars on the first try.

[RED2]
Members
114 posts
6,635 battles

My god I was in a game with two other sims and we shot shot down every single plane. Also the sims guns can blast snell boats our the water at unprecedented speed.

Man if she was at the real thing the Germans wouldn't have been able to take the French Coast.

Edited by Chimera2

[SDIWO]
Members
1,032 posts
5,330 battles
3 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Ironically the best destroyers for the operation are American ones, despite historically being nowhere near the Dunkirk evacuations.:Smile_teethhappy:

I specced a Farragut for AA and got 44 plane kills in that operation.

because I need to make things make sense in my mind otherwise it just bothers me I'm just going with the assumption my captain was in a US DD on a port call and decided to ignore orders and do a mission of mercy.

[PVE]
Members
5,640 posts
18,236 battles

I go all you beat in my Sims.. I actually got a Schnelbote kill with my sea mines! Forgot to switch to the faster torpedoes and was firing in the general vicinity where they would spawn... But yeah she is a monster in this OP when spec'd for AA.

• Cool 1

[RED2]
Members
114 posts
6,635 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

I go all you beat in my Sims.. I actually got a Schnelbote kill with my sea mines! Forgot to switch to the faster torpedoes and was firing in the general vicinity where they would spawn... But yeah she is a monster in this OP when spec'd for AA.

Well I'm glad you gave those mine laying Germans a taste of their medicine.

• Cool 1