Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptDavid

Submarines

4 comments in this topic

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
144 posts
1,834 battles

I'm putting this topic in off-topic its a subject that was very hot back in 2012 so make mine an attack submarine.

watch the video before you scream murder...

[LHG]
Members
1,656 posts
4,928 battles

Took a look at it on the WOWS website.  It doesn't appear to be a bad treatment of submarines in the game overall if they are going to be added.  

I realize there are any number of reasons why submarines shouldn't be added to the game and I happen to agree with most of them.  That being said, it looks as if WOWS intends to test the concept out during the Halloween event rather than to more widely distribute the vessels into the main game itself which makes a lot of sense.  It'll be interesting to see how these actually are going to be implemented and if we hate them, I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to tell WG exactly that. 

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
144 posts
1,834 battles
19 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Took a look at it on the WOWS website.  It doesn't appear to be a bad treatment of submarines in the game overall if they are going to be added.  

I realize there are any number of reasons why submarines shouldn't be added to the game and I happen to agree with most of them.  That being said, it looks as if WOWS intends to test the concept out during the Halloween event rather than to more widely distribute the vessels into the main game itself which makes a lot of sense.  It'll be interesting to see how these actually are going to be implemented and if we hate them, I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to tell WG exactly that. 

Agreed I'm looking forward to trying one of those subs a whole lot of anti submarine tech will have to be added glad I have the German T-61 DD

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles

Personally I will be ok with Subs being added. I have a lot of good DDs, some very nice cruisers, and BBs like Duke of York, and the high tier German BBs get hydro. Not to mention since aircraft were use to help spot subs on WWII at periscope depths I would imagine Spotter planes and Cat Fighters will probably be able to help some as well.

Also probably going to try and have a special reserve supply of Elite Captain XP, Credits, and Free XP saved if Subs get green light to be fully released. I know some say subs would be unfair since they can hide, but at periscope depth I think they will be vulnerable to ramming or even shells since a shell can travel under water a little ways which is sometimes how ships will get citadel hits below water line.

So I am certainly open to the idea of subs being added if properly done.

Sign in to follow this