You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheLastReaper

Growing as a Captain!

14 comments in this topic

Members
292 posts

Sorry if this comes off as a brag post. I just can't help but look back at the first time I looked up my WTR and saw either the high 900s or low 1000s. It motivated me to up my game at the time. Looking at my profile today I think it shows good persistent growth over time. Hopefully this motivates others to also keep playing and improving every day!

Screenshot (15).png

• Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
54 posts
2,438 battles

congrats.  I should probably dig into my stats and see if I've improved.  I feel like I've plateaued. I'm usually pretty accurate with the guns and need to work on positioning, playing my role and paying more attention to the minimap.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
534 posts
12,677 battles
8 minutes ago, TheLastReaper said:

Sorry if this comes off as a brag post. I just can't help but look back at the first time I looked up my WTR and saw either the high 900s or low 1000s. It motivated me to up my game at the time. Looking at my profile today I think it shows good persistent growth over time. Hopefully this motivates others to also keep playing and improving every day!

Screenshot (15).png

Who would have thought, putting in time and caring about your performance is netting you results!!! Well done man.  Gj! If only the rest of the forum dwellers had your attitude.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,454 posts
11,762 battles

Is WTR a true stat?

I have 7 battles in my minnow.  0 Wins.

Avg dam 68k

Dest ratio 1.6....

I really do not truly understand WTR....

Members
292 posts
2 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

Who would have thought, putting in time and caring about your performance is netting you results!!! Well done man.  Gj! If only the rest of the forum dwellers had your attitude.

Thank you! :Smile_honoring:

I think the biggest thing that helped was playing a lot of every class and trying to go up every line. Getting outside of your comfort zone and learning about different play styles and ships helps an ungodly amount overall because you know how to respond better playing against them.

• Cool 1

Members
292 posts
1 minute ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Is WTR a true stat?

I have 7 battles in my minnow.  0 Wins.

Avg dam 68k

Dest ratio 1.6....

I really do not truly understand WTR....

You can have bad luck no doubt. 7 battles is a smaller sample size after all.

If you are averaging good damage and doing the role your ship is supposed to you should come out positively over time?

[O7]
Members
534 posts
12,677 battles
54 minutes ago, TheLastReaper said:

I think the biggest thing that helped was playing a lot of every class and trying to go up every line. Getting outside of your comfort zone and learning about different play styles and ships helps an ungodly amount overall because you know how to respond better playing against them.

Are you a real person !! Amazing attitude man.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,454 posts
11,762 battles
2 hours ago, TheLastReaper said:

You can have bad luck no doubt. 7 battles is a smaller sample size after all.

If you are averaging good damage and doing the role your ship is supposed to you should come out positively over time?

Thanks.

I had trouble doing good in Neptune. 

My first game in Minnow, over 100k damage...

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,058 posts
3,928 battles

Nothing wrong with letting others know you are improving. Nicely done btw. Keep on steaming! 

Now...just dont let that improvement go to your head and become one of those elitist stat shamers that think accomplishments in a video game somehow make them superior to others.

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles
4 hours ago, TheLastReaper said:

I wish more people had your attitude. Keep it up!

[TMS]
Members
1,735 posts
22,088 battles
On 20/09/2018 at 12:42 AM, TheLastReaper said:

Screenshot (15).png

So what's the tier ?

Members
292 posts
2 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

So what's the tier ?

tier 7s mostly... I just have to finish the Gadja Mada grind and Mahan and I will have every tier 8 DD and cruiser unlocked.

I'm really not enjoying the Mahan tho... USN arcs suck and the torps are slow.

Edited by TheLastReaper

Members
292 posts
6 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

So what's the tier ?

Here is a pic of tiers by games. As you can see I'm going up almost all lines concurrently. I have a larger glut of IJN BB games because it was my first line so I did worse per match and didn't have  any premium account till around 800 battles.

Screenshot (19).png

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
271 posts
1,782 battles

If you want to grow, drink lots of milk.