Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

ROFL!!! Gallant Royal Navy Alternate Camo is EXACTLY The Same!

36 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles

I finally got around to looking at the alternate Royal Navy camo I got for Gallant with sovereigns in the Arsenal. I had to take a double take as I thought I failed to mount the alternate one and left the standard tyoe 10 camo it comes with. :Smile_amazed:

Nope. They are almost 100% identical (same basic scheme/pattern and base color). Only difference would be the green on the standard type 10 is a lighter blend while the alternate Royal Navy camo has slightly darker greens. A splotch here or there may be a little bigger/smaller but it is same shape and location. 

I mean come on LOL. At least do a different pattern. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_smile::Smile_teethhappy:

You be the judge....:Smile_amazed:

Standard Gallant Type 10 Camo:

EZ2Izip.jpg

"Alternate" Royal Navy Gallant Camo:

pKG3e6w.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
spelling
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
259 posts
1,717 battles

Is it at least some historical artifact of the UK making minor color changes to the camo scheme that can be blamed?

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
448 posts
1,962 battles

Yeah, I was worried since there was no preview of it. Decided to wait and see if someone else got it, lol. Thank you for taking one for the team though. :Smile_honoring:

Still, this is kind of a cheapo' thing to do. A bit on the lazy side here WG.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles
1 minute ago, Krautjaeger said:

Yeah, I was worried since there was no preview of it. Decided to wait and see if someone else got it, lol. Thank you for taking one for the team though. :Smile_honoring:

Still, this is kind of a cheapo' thing to do. A bit on the lazy side here WG.

Yeah I was surprised it was that similar. I was hoping for something a bit different. I like to change camo's now and then for a different look. Not happening with this pair of camos LOL unless I want to tell myself it's sage green vs pine green ROFL. :Smile_teethhappy:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,802 posts
10,299 battles

The section of green that bisects the '5' on the pennant number is shifted aft on the new one, so the whole pennant H59 is on one color.

That might be intended to make it stand out more, but it's an odd single change.

I prefer the brighter green of the original camo either way.

Modder
1,091 posts
23 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

Is it at least some historical artifact of the UK making minor color changes to the camo scheme that can be blamed?

No, as far as I'm aware Gallant was never even camouflaged. The camouflage she carries in game is that of HMS Grenade, specifically in 1940. That particular camouflage is also not an 'official' scheme, the paint used to create it was simply what was to hand at the time. There weren't really any guidelines like that for warship camouflage in the Royal Navy and it was more down to the captain of the individual ship as to how exactly it was painted. This isn't always the case but it did happen.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,236 posts
4,803 battles

Good thing you have a good sense of humor and decorum! :Smile_honoring:

Alpha Tester
1,959 posts

Oh dear. If WG was so lazy they might as well have just given Gallant her historical overall gray paint scheme, with the funnel band of course. Thanks for the warning.

FAh8ocM.png

• Cool 2

Modder
1,091 posts
23 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Oh dear. If WG was so lazy they might as well have just given Gallant her historical overall gray paint scheme, with the funnel band of course. Thanks for the warning.

FAh8ocM.png

You know where to download it if you want it. Though I need to check if it's still working for the current update first.

Alpha Tester
1,959 posts
1 hour ago, zFireWyvern said:

You know where to download it if you want it. Though I need to check if it's still working for the current update first.

Thanks but I wish it was an official skin. Appreciate your hard work though. It's too bad WG doesn't bother with a revenue share program like what War Thunder has, because you ought to be on their paylist.

Modder
1,091 posts
11 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Thanks but I wish it was an official skin. Appreciate your hard work though. It's too bad WG doesn't bother with a revenue share program like what War Thunder has, because you ought to be on their paylist.

It is what it is, not much we can do about that

[DHO-2]
[DHO-2]
Members
55 posts
2,995 battles

Wow, I was planning to get the camo...disappointed.

Thanks for the info, OP.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,791 posts
7,006 battles
14 hours ago, zFireWyvern said:

No, as far as I'm aware Gallant was never even camouflaged. The camouflage she carries in game is that of HMS Grenade, specifically in 1940. That particular camouflage is also not an 'official' scheme, the paint used to create it was simply what was to hand at the time. There weren't really any guidelines like that for warship camouflage in the Royal Navy and it was more down to the captain of the individual ship as to how exactly it was painted. This isn't always the case but it did happen.

interesting, so it would  have been historically accurate for WG camo modellers for WOWS, to choose whichever colour was closest to their mouse pointer...

I'll trade mark that idea :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,054 posts
14,457 battles
On 9/20/2018 at 2:57 AM, Wolcott said:

FAh8ocM.png

I don't know if it's historical or not, but one of the camo Hood has is a plain gray scheme.  I've grown to like it more and more.  She looks real nice in it, IMO.

[ALM_]
Members
44 posts
2,727 battles

Does the different type of camos have "hidden" different credits revenue against each other or against no camo at all?

Members
3,771 posts
13,992 battles

And someone actually got paid for doing that. :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by ReddNekk

Modder
1,091 posts
On 21/09/2018 at 8:43 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I don't know if it's historical or not, but one of the camo Hood has is a plain gray scheme.  I've grown to like it more and more.  She looks real nice in it, IMO.

It's pretty accurate, colour is a bit off but they're on the right lines with that one. I still personally think she looks best in her lighter 507C pattern from the mid-late 1930s, she's absolutely gorgeous in that colour.

Spoiler

BBjsM.jpg

Edited by zFireWyvern
  • Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
448 posts
6,404 battles

Good thing I bought Warspite for sovereign's instead of gallant.  

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,802 posts
10,299 battles
3 minutes ago, KAGA_kaini said:

Good thing I bought Warspite for sovereign's instead of gallant.  

A much better return on investment, about the same Sovs for 50% more doubloons, or a T6 BB which is worth more than a T6 DD.

Sign in to follow this