Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

Battleship Wisconsin Prem, but as a t10 Coal ship?

9 comments in this topic

[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,154 posts
4,376 battles

Here me out. I know I will get slammed for this, but what if WG brought out a battleship Wisconsin for a coal reward ship, for t10. 

Now here's where things would get sketchy. First, this wouldn't be a copy/paste Iowa. It would feature a "D" hull. So i was watching an older documentary about the Wisconsin, and how it got a refit in the 80s to be reused. 

So what if we removed the tomahawk missiles, and brought it in as a t10? it would have slightly longer range on both the main guns and secondaires than the Iowa. It would also be faster and slightly better Sigma than the Mo. But the guns would stay the same and armor. It would basically be a long range cruiser at t10, or a battlecruiser. 

EDIT: How about this as well, it would get 2 slots. A fighter plane AND spotter plane. As the 1980 refit gave it a drone for spotting. Or maybe a spotter plane that stays up for 3x as long?

[WUDPS]
4,831 posts
4,724 battles
10 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

Here me out. I know I will get slammed for this, but what if WG brought out a battleship Wisconsin for a coal reward ship, for t10. 

Now here's where things would get sketchy. First, this wouldn't be a copy/paste Iowa. It would feature a "D" hull. So i was watching an older documentary about the Wisconsin, and how it got a refit in the 80s to be reused. 

So what if we removed the tomahawk missiles, and brought it in as a t10? it would have slightly longer range on both the main guns and secondaires than the Iowa. It would also be faster and slightly better Sigma than the Mo. But the guns would stay the same and armor. It would basically be a long range cruiser at t10, or a battlecruiser. 

Lose part of a secondary battery....and basically get better accuracy and range....eeeeeeeeeh yeah no bro.

Kentucky with RNG missiles would be a better choice IMHO.

[ARGSY]
5,174 posts
18,873 battles

How about this T10 Anshan?

[BNKR]
Members
709 posts
713 battles

I'd be cool with Wisconsin or New Jersey as a tier IX free xp or coal replacement for Missouri, but I don't think it makes sense to cram them in at tier X just because. Remember, that refit in the 80's stripped away a significant portion of their AA capability, so you'd get a worse Iowa class a tier higher.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,792 posts
10,567 battles
5 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I'd be cool with Wisconsin or New Jersey as a tier IX free xp or coal replacement for Missouri, but I don't think it makes sense to cram them in at tier X just because. Remember, that refit in the 80's stripped away a significant portion of their AA capability, so you'd get a worse Iowa class a tier higher.

Yeah this ^^^

Basically bring back the MO as one of it's sister ships not in game minus the built in credit printing press for those who missed out on MO.

I would be all for a Wisconsin or NJ T9 FXP US BB! :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[5D3]
1,154 posts
4,376 battles
23 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Lose part of a secondary battery....and basically get better accuracy and range....eeeeeeeeeh yeah no bro.

Kentucky with RNG missiles would be a better choice IMHO.

But the shots would be oh so accurate, even at range. 

Members
93 posts
5,978 battles
22 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

It might have lost the Bofors and the Oerlikons..... But guys..... 4 Phalanx! That's like a 3.5km death zone. Uber DM levels.

It's a nice idea..... but I'm with the rest of you. Bring New Jersey or Wisconsin back as a replacement for Missouri with a more reasonable credit booster. (And maybe no radar either).

Members
1,148 posts
3,141 battles
56 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

it would have slightly longer range on both the main guns and secondaires than the Iowa. It would also be faster and slightly better Sigma than the Mo.

Anything to encourage sniping/long range play? No. A million times no. People do that on their own, if we give them a ship that encourages it it won't help at all. 

Beta Testers
241 posts
6,111 battles
34 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

The New Jersey 1967 refit was when it lost its AA, it does not matter but I am stickler for facts.

Sign in to follow this