Sign in to follow this  
PigBot50

Windows 10 Performance During Game Update

4 comments in this topic

[KILL]
Members
47 posts
6,946 battles

Whenever WOWs downloads a new update on my PC the Windows UI (mouse pointing) etc. gets very unresponsive (during the update process).   Basically I can't browse the internet during the download.  It's probably more of a Windows issue than WOWs but does this happen to anybody else?  My internet is only 8mb down but I have a powerful PC with tons of memory and a good CPU.  You would think my PC would be powerful enough to handle the mouse positioning during a WOWs update (but it can't).  Basically I can't use my PC during a WOWs download.  Once the download is done, poof, everything is back to normal.  Anybody else experience this?

• Funny 1

[AFW-]
Members
249 posts
9,863 battles

whether updating WoWs or MWOonline it does the same to me.system slows down as a patch is applied 

[-SF-]
Members
120 posts
2,366 battles

More likely to do with windows but can't say I've ever seen it myself. A slow and/or unresponsive system would to me indicate high CPU or HDD activity so check the task manager to see what's happening 

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
136 posts
5,021 battles

The next time this happens, check your disk usage. Task Manager -> More details. This has been a constant issue with Windows 10 and I have found to be the number 1 culprit when people report their computer running slowly. If indeed this is the case, it might be worth upgrading your HDD to an SSD, particularly with a laptop since most laptop HDDs run at 5,400 rpm instead of the normal desktop HDD (3.5" vs 2.5") running at 7,200 rpm.

Sign in to follow this