Sign in to follow this  
GrandAdmiral_2016

MacBook Crashes-Fix Your Damned Game, WG

3 comments in this topic

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,582 battles

This is a rant, warranted. I have a brand-new MacBook Pro Retina. My older laptop died, and my workstation that I normally use for playing the game had a hard drive failure. I installed the game on the Mac as laid out on the website and in the forums. The game is so unstable that it crashes or locks up the MacBook halfway through a battle 2 times out of 4. Some ships crash the game automatically when played (Edinburgh is a good example). Most of the crashes occur when the battle ends and the results screens come up, a problem recognized with Macs earlier and still not addressed. I have to hard stop the machine and reboot manually. The game crashes every time I try and enter a Random or Ranked battle. I have been pinked three times in two days due to crashes, ostensibly for quitting early. This is pure crap! I have toned down the graphics and audio settings in an attempt to get stability, without result. I am literally limited to Co-op battles only given the lack of game stability on this platform.

I am not just mad, I am pissed. With  three years of playtime, over 12,000 games played, and almost 2 grand invested in this pastime, I expect better support for whatever platform that I that I may use to play the game (and support your online enterprise with my hard-earned retirement dollars). I need the Mac for my consulting work as it is the best platform for what I do, so getting another Windows machine at this juncture is out of the question. I will be sending in a support ticket with the crash files, without much hope for resolution given your track record on this, but WG, if you wish to retain my business with you, fix this!

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,702 posts
3,941 battles

How's about not playing on a crapple product? And if you really dropped than many coins on this game you could've easily afforded a PC with an OS that actually...you know...works.

• Cool 1

Members
1,345 posts
504 battles
12 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

How's about not playing on a crapple product? And if you really dropped than many coins on this game you could've easily afforded a PC with an OS that actually...you know...works.

n8NeJj2.jpg

its not WG fault you run a MACBOOK that is not really designed for the demand this game puts on a PC....
I got a Dell Latitude laptop potato for $250 on Ebay ad have really never had a single issue...

instead of ranting and blaming WG for the game, blame your MACBOOK for not being stable enough to play a game that everyone else seems to not have an issue with.... except maybe one or two that might have made a MACstake and bought that thing...

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Sign in to follow this