You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

Anniversary token compensation

19 comments in this topic

[SPV]
Members
50 posts
1,760 battles

I was under the impression that the last day of the anniversary arsenal would be today on the 19th. This assumption was based on the anniversary announcement they made in August (Pic related). I was saving up to buy commander 11010111101001. If I couldn't make enough today then I'd just spend what I had on flags and patches. Now I find out I was wrong and I saved the tokens for nothing. Is it too much to ask for some form of compensation like doubloons or camo or flags or SOMETHING?

sep19.PNG

• Funny 1

Members
37 posts
6,992 battles

This is a recurring bug/feature with their announcements. Technically the event ended on the 19th, but it's at 6am eastern time when the servers reset. So, unless you were playing after midnight or bright and early in the morning, it really ends on the 18th. I think they need to do a better job of spelling this out as there seems to be a regular situation of people not understanding this. I only know this because I got bitten once and have learned from the experience.

• Cool 1

[SPV]
Members
50 posts
1,760 battles

Well ain't that a kick in the head. You think I would've learned from their Shark/Eagle competition. Is it too much to ask for Wargaming to put up an announcement the day before it ends so players know for sure what's about to happen?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,652 posts
9,052 battles
Just now, CTMAADawson said:

Well ain't that a kick in the head. You think I would've learned from their Shark/Eagle competition. Is it too much to ask for Wargaming to put up an announcement the day before it ends so players know for sure what's about to happen?

The Sharks/Eagles thing was low but all events end on the morning reset. I feel for you and I hope you needed credits.

[SPV]
Members
50 posts
1,760 battles
14 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The Sharks/Eagles thing was low but all events end on the morning reset. I feel for you and I hope you needed credits.

What's done is done. Does anyone know the *actual* date the Royal Navy event ends?

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles
24 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

The precise deadline for an event is 7 AM. They will start the new patch very early so it doesn't interfere with play. The date is often misunderstood.

And why the multitude of threads in the forums telling people to spend them on Monday...

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,652 posts
9,052 battles
4 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

And why the multitude of threads in the forums telling people to spend them on Monday...

I have the feeling he never came here before today.

[SPV]
Members
50 posts
1,760 battles
17 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I have the feeling he never came here before today.

First time posting, but I usually lurk the Warship discussion boards for what to get next. Looks like I'll have to start checking here too.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,652 posts
9,052 battles

On when the RN event is going to end that will be with the 7.12 which the exact date for has not been stated yet.

• Cool 1

Members
27 posts
4,486 battles

Lost 300+ of those tokens... goodbye to 2 new 10 point captains that I needed...
Some ppl just opens the game and that's it, they play it; most of the time, they have only time for play, not consulting forums about every single feature that appears.
It wouldn't cost too much to put a fkn countdown clock somewhere, specially when the game have ppl from different countries with diff times. Or even a sign that say Event is ending...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
271 posts
1,782 battles

REEEEEEEEEEEading is necessary to understand WG announcements.

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
9,765 posts
7,472 battles
2 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

I was under the impression that the last day of the anniversary arsenal would be today on the 19th. This assumption was based on the anniversary announcement they made in August (Pic related). I was saving up to buy commander 11010111101001. If I couldn't make enough today then I'd just spend what I had on flags and patches. Now I find out I was wrong and I saved the tokens for nothing. Is it too much to ask for some form of compensation like doubloons or camo or flags or SOMETHING?

sep19.PNG

2 hours ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

This is a recurring bug/feature with their announcements. Technically the event ended on the 19th, but it's at 6am eastern time when the servers reset. So, unless you were playing after midnight or bright and early in the morning, it really ends on the 18th. I think they need to do a better job of spelling this out as there seems to be a regular situation of people not understanding this. I only know this because I got bitten once and have learned from the experience.

All of the WoWs events have been this way in the 2+ years I have been playing. If the date is X, figure X-1 for the end date as almost all events are tied to the server reset at 6am EST. Some will be an hour or two before or after the reset, but not by much. Remember, that we have WoWs players from all over the World who play on NA. There are Aussies who get better pings from NA. People in Europe play NA if it fits their schedule better or for other reasons. We have people from Asia on NA as well.

2 hours ago, CTMAADawson said:

What's done is done. Does anyone know the *actual* date the Royal Navy event ends?

The RN event Starts Thu, Sep 20th at 7am EST (4am PST) and runs through three patches until Dec 11th at 7am EST (4 am PST). The Stages end on Tuesdays, so figure you need to complete all four Directive by late Monday night and you should be good. I have a break down of the event and all the important dates in this thread.

SPEND YOUR Sovereigns by Nov 13th!

SPEND YOUR Guineas by Jan 8th!

[KMS]
Beta Testers
108 posts
12,123 battles
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, SilentSorrow said:

Lost 300+ of those tokens... goodbye to 2 new 10 point captains that I needed...
Some ppl just opens the game and that's it, they play it; most of the time, they have only time for play, not consulting forums about every single feature that appears.
It wouldn't cost too much to put a fkn countdown clock somewhere, specially when the game have ppl from different countries with diff times. Or even a sign that say Event is ending...

Me too...logged in after saving for the camo and poof...no more tokens. And no I didn't need the credits. They should give you a few days after event ends to spend tokens. I work many hours this time of year and cant be on everyday to constantly check for this kind of crap nonsense.

[PVE]
Members
9,765 posts
7,472 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 7:54 PM, SilentSorrow said:

3 minutes ago, Lone_Starr said:

Me too...logged in after saving for the camo and poof...no more tokens. And no I didn't need the credits. They should give you a few days after event ends to spend tokens. I work many hours this time of year and cant be on everyday to constantly check for this kind of crap nonsense.

You do know that for months, every News item from the WoWs main page has appeared in the upper left of the port screen. When there is a new item, a red WG logo appears to let you know to click on it.

0jJkYJn.jpg

[KMS]
Beta Testers
108 posts
12,123 battles
14 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You do know that for months, every News item from the WoWs main page has appeared in the upper left of the port screen. When there is a new item, a red WG logo appears to let you know to click on it.

0jJkYJn.jpg

Yes I see the that when I log in....maybe BIG RED NOTICE>>>YOU WILL LOSE TOKENS IF YOU DONT SPEND BEFORE END OF EVENT ....with a nice little countdown timer.

[PVE]
Members
9,765 posts
7,472 battles
3 minutes ago, Lone_Starr said:

Yes I see the that when I log in....maybe BIG RED NOTICE>>>YOU WILL LOSE TOKENS IF YOU DONT SPEND BEFORE END OF EVENT ....with a nice little countdown timer.

When they put the notice in every article about the event? What is so hard about reading? 

EDIT:

FYI Sovereigns are converting to credits with patch 7.11 on Nov 14th.

Guineas are converting to credits with patch 8.0 on Jan 9th.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Bad 1

Members
1,866 posts
31 minutes ago, Lone_Starr said:

No harm in doing that. I'm always checking the end of events if they matter, but I actually have better things to do than dig through the old announcements. I was aware the tokens would go bye-bye and spent them. I feel sorry for those caught by this, but I swear if one person complains about losing anniversary tokens and RN tokens, I will mock them with a meme.

Edited by Seadog_Supreme